Songkran

podgey

O.k so i thought I'd start this topic so i could find out about dates and places for songkran. As far as I'm aware and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the big day for bangchang is the Sunday the 17th, and would be the one and only day I'll be playing (too old and grumpy).

Phala beach is same as pattaya, Tues the 19th and is pretty congested around the round about. Forget driving to pataya which is what i did two years ago to avoid phala and found myself stuck in traffic for 10 hours with a very pregnant wife, who needed a bathroom stop every half an hour.

I would be interested to learn the other places to avoid getting stuck in if anyone would care to contribute. eg. Rayong, sattahip, hat payoon, hat nam rim, etc. cheers

Basically, it is supposed to work it's way down along the coast.

So, lets say 16 Chonburi, Bang saen.

17 -- Laem Chabang

18 -- Naklua

19 -- Pattaya

20 -- Sattahip

Dates , of course, are guidelines only. Expecting precision in this land of confusion, is asking a lot.

Following on from jombom's info, the list can be expanded a bit:

Eastern Prov: from 16-23 April:

Koh Sichang - 13-18

Chonburi/Bang Saen 16-17

Pattaya/Na Kleua 18-19

Bang Sare/Sattahip 20

Koh Chang 22-23

(If want yet more, travel to Phra Pradaeng, Samut Prakarn for Thai-Mon style 22-24).

I'm in Ban Chang but not sure if tomorrow (17th) is the big day (keeping low profile). Went Phala beach dinner last night - situation normal.

Well for Ban Chang my corner shop confirmed tomorrow (Sun 17th) the 'water playing fun' is taking place at Phala beach. Beware of drunk kids on motorbikes! The heavy boozers here are from Esaarn (factory labourers) and most are still on their way back here from upcountry - they'll join in later in the day of course! Lovely weather were having though :)