Qatar 2 For 1 Now Available

CharlieH

The Qatar 2 for 1 offer is now finally working apparently, checked out some flights from BKK - London, not really as 2 for 1 as you would expect.

I was offerred two seats return for 55k which is only 8k below what it was before the offer ran.

Other strange details were arrive at LHR and depart LGW, bit of a mess around but if you want to save a little I suppose its worth it.

Personally I wasnt impressed at all by the offers available to the UK, maybe other destinations will be better.

Out of curiosity I went to the main page and checked for comparison a single return ticket and got 40k, so this 2 for 1 is definately not what it appears to be, if it were, then going by the published prices I should be able to get two tickets for 40k NOT 55k and have to use different airports into the so called bargain.

I expected better than this from Qatar.

Edited by CharlieH

The lowest fare classes are not available for this promotion, plus the fact that the extra charges (fuel tax etc) for the second ticket are charged.

Anyway it seems like a good deal to me, especially since Frankfurt has only one airport.

But that's just me.

Yermanee.

I also checked the route BKK to LHR got 55,000 baht as well, but remembering the second ticket pays the tax and a single is 40,000 it is not a bad deal. Read the fine print on the original deal it stated the second ticket pays taxes. I also tried BKK to DXB came in at 33940 for two pax, emirates is a lot more expensive

Price Check Emirates to Dubai 2 pax = 56960baht

Price check to LHR as per dates for the above on Qatar cheapest fair 32,000 Air India pp, 33,000 Jet pp, Etihad coming in around 35,000 pp.

Edited by beano2274

I checked the price Stockholm-Bangkok.

Take a look at the attached screenshots below:

post-126866-0-33910900-1302706662_thumb.

post-126866-0-67749000-1302706681_thumb.

The price is the same as if you would have bought 2 original priced tickets.

The same happened when Qatar released the same deal about a month ago.

Maybe it´s something wrong with the website or it´s a trick to earn money...

Cheers!

Its a complete gimmick, just to get you interested in their flights. around 2 months ago they had a display at Central World in Bangkok , lots of pretty girls and colorful hoarding with 2 for 1. When I asked about the deal, (it took 10 minutes to get the facts) I found out what a pile of S**t it was.