Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Pizza In Ubon?

Chang_paarp

Walking distance from the Tokyo hotel you have two options. Peppers and Pizza company although I recommend you avoid Pizza company at all costs unless you like overpriced cardboard. Peppers is three blocks north and then take a right on Uppalisan Road and 100 m down the road opposite the airforce base entrance you will find them.

There are two other options that would need a tuk tuk to get there. Spagos and Risotto. (Spagos is better in my opinion)

Does Bergan have an interest in any of these places??

I have an interest in most places that serve decent food, cold Singha and a glass of red. :D

Don't know about Bergan....... :whistling:

Does Bergan have an interest in any of these places??

I have an interest in most places that serve decent food, cold Singha and a glass of red. :D

Don't know about Bergan....... :whistling:

Good pizza is hard to find here. I mean really decent traditional pizza. Good luck to all!B)

How would you describe 'really decent traditional pizza'?

Real simple Med variety, as the Italians; Greeks; Turks; or Cypriots might take. Even in the Anglo-American west, pizza is modifed and honed to that particular culture. Quite disgusting, in my humble observations.......these types of pizzas, which have unfortunately been borrowed throughout Thailand.

How would you describe 'really decent traditional pizza'?

Real simple Med variety, as the Italians; Greeks; Turks; or Cypriots might take. Even in the Anglo-American west, pizza is modifed and honed to that particular culture. Quite disgusting, in my humble observations.......these types of pizzas, which have unfortunately been borrowed throughout Thailand.

I have been on an unsuccessful quest trying to find disgusting american pizza here in thailand. Still aint found none.

Spagos is awsome.

MM's was right up there when he ran the joint.

Rizzo has good lasagna.

I make the best spaghetti sauce (when the proper tomatoes are in stock).

Turks make pizza?

I have been on an unsuccessful quest trying to find disgusting american pizza here in thailand. Still aint found none.

Not sure what you mean but I have searched all over Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Ubon for good American pizza. The vast majority of places serve Italian style which I enjoy but it's not the same. The best I've found is The Duke's. It looks Italian but with a distinctly American taste. It is definitely the most genuine American style restaurant I've been to in Thailand.

Bangkok: http://www.dukesbangkok.com/

Chiang Mai: http://goo.gl/yU6Fi

Edited by ubonrthai