Visa Expires Soon!

Got a 3 entry tourist visa before coming to Thailand roughly 6 months ago. First entry was when I flew in. After 60 days I got a 30 day extension. After that I went across the border and came back, thus using a second entry. After 60 days I got another 30 day extension. Now, that is almost up.

Here's my question. When I got my 30 day extension last time in Chiangmai, the immigration guy told me to "come back to see him in 30 days so I could get another extension." This is not possible, correct? I must go across the border and come back again, right? He was wrong?

Second question - going across and coming back will only result in my having 30 days this time, not 60 which would be extendable to 90, right?

Thanks for info.

I hope he was wrong. You should only receive one 30 day extension of stay.

When you use the third entry you will get 60 days (assuming visa from consulate has not expired on your day of entry) and you can then extend it for another 30 days just like the others.

He may have thought you were comming back to get a further 14 days on your 30 day visa.

Wait... are you saying that I can get 14 more days? Please advise/inform ASAP, as I only have today or tomorrow to make it to Mai Sai. I'd rather do the 14 day thing at this point, if possible.

He may have thought you were comming back to get a further 14 days on your 30 day visa.

Wait... are you saying that I can get 14 more days? Please advise/inform ASAP, as I only have today or tomorrow to make it to Mai Sai. I'd rather do the 14 day thing at this point, if possible.

You get 90 days for every entry (so 3 x 60 + 3 x 30 = 270 days max).

Apart from the 30 day extension no other extensions are possible.

Edited by sniffdog