Kaspersky Anti Virus

MistaDorn

I'm using it. I love it. It scan everywebsites you enter before it's load to your computer. :o, here's the description

Source: www.kaspersky.com

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.383

Publisher's Description:

Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (AVP) provides all types of anti-virus protection: anti-virus scan-ners, monitors, behavior blockers and integrity checkers. It supports all of the most popular operating systems, e-mail gateways and firewalls. KAV controls all possible virus entry points. Kaspersky Lab's powerful and flexible local and network management tools for auto-mation and centralized installation and control over anti-virus protection provide maximum convenience and minimum time wasted when building your own structure of an anti-virus de-fense.

There are several purchase options available including Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (AVP) for Home Users (a single license for stand-alone computers), Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (AVP) for Small & Medium Business, Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (AVP) Corporate Solution.

Limitations: 30-day trial.

Author: Kaspersky Labs International Ltd.

Date: 2005-08-10

Size: 11.8 Mb

License: Shareware $39.95

Requires: Win All

Download at Kaspersky

kaperskyantivirus.jpg

Why use a 30-day trial when you can get a free antivirus like AVG Free Edition from grisoft...?

Yes, it's trial version. if you use free version then the update is not available or it is available but a few of it and you have to update yourself. with full version, it will autoscan, auto updates auto block web ads and more . :> depend on your setting.

Yours,

Dorn Rojvithee

AVG Professional Edition all the way.Very low on system resources yet very powerful antivirus solution.I have used all the antivirus available such as Norton,Mcafee,Kaspersky.All of them are very heavy on system resources yet as not powerful as AVG.I give thumbsup to AVG and highly recommend it.

NOD32 is the best anti-virus available, light resources and automatic updates.

Download NOD32

AVG also has auto update and has kept myself and all that have listened to me happy and Virus free for years and is FREE from the internet download if you want Phone support you cay buy upgrade but the FREE has worked flawless for me.

AVG, AntiVir® PersonalEdition Classic and Avast are good FREE antivirus.

Never install more than one antivirus scanner on your system! Several together can give problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!

Well while I'm at it.

ZoneAlarm, Sygate Personal Firewall and Kerio Personal Firewall are good free firewalls. Never install more than one firewall on your system!

Anti malware links (these are all free and what I have intalled on my PC)

Ad-Aware SE, Ad-Aware tutorial

Spybot S&D, Spybot S&D tutorial

Spyware blaster, SpywareBlaster tutorial

Spyware guard, Spyware Guard tutorial

• 4 weeks later...

hi'

just a word, kapersky is well known to be efficient BUT heavy!

avg might be a good solution, but can't repair evrything, just telling you where!

avast has a good reputation, but take the latest version from their website as they had an alert last month.

for me, spyware blaster is useless ... just a show off, no difference with or without, it's mainly for paranoid minds :D

far better to vaccine your system with spybot, but it works for IE :o

I have chosen Bitdefender as in the top list it's on the top 3 for a very long time, and btw, never had any problem since :D

and ZA pro as a basic firewall(leakless)

anyway, a good antivirus is the one up to date!

bitdefender updates itself every 3 hours by default :D

and it's very ok this way

francois

And here we are once again! "Tell me what Antivirus program you use". We had this discussion a trazillion times here, but, I agree, things change and we need to get updated from time to time.

So what AV do I use? NOD32. For about 6 months, after using alternate software, and I am not ready to change. Low in internal resources, its kernel takes about 4,200K of RAM. Not sure about the CPU usage (not easy to measure), it seems unsignificant to me. It updates its virus definitions about once a day (sometimes twice).

So far, it has detected many virus and worm threats for me, but what I enjoyed above all was the day it signalled me a potential phishing threat in an e-mail apparently sent to me by a bank, even before I opened the mail. And a phishing e-mail it was!

Edited by Morbius

Kaspersky may be a fine anti-virus program.

But have you ever tried to uninstall, and then install another anti-virus program?

Kaspersky messes with your registry and more, which it does not clean-up after proper uninstallation, continuing to give a signal to other anti-virus programs that an anti-virus program is still running and therefore prevents their installation.

After many hours and much searching I eventually found an extra routine on the net, that could successfully remove this pestilence.