Israel arrests two Palestinians in settler family murder

News_Editor

Put forward a good question as to why there are so many assault rifles lying around unsecured all over the place so that Arabs can access them and what do we get?

You mean locked in a private home? That is usually considered to be "secured" by rational people not trying to make up excuses for murderers who have slaughtered an entire family just because they could . :ermm:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would agree if the Palestinians have M-16's in every single household as well? After all, like you correctly wrote: the settlers did settle in occupied territory which is and was NOT theirs.

LaoPo

Well, I could certainly understand the need for the arabs to arm themselves if they lived with the prospect of their neighbours coming in and slitting the throats of their children or trying to murder them. To the best of my knowledge, the Israelis are not the ones committing the murders as a standard activity.

Edited by geriatrickid

Senseless murders. I do hope those found guilty receive quick and just punishment.

Out of curiosity, I looked up world intentional murder statistics to find that a person is more likely to get murdered in Thailand than in Palestine. In fact, you are 20% more likely to get murdered in the USA than in Palestine.

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

If you included in that count all the civilian Palestinians, as murdereded [which is the case] not accidently killed by the IDF , then those figures would be very different.

You mean murdered by Hamas outright, or merely Hamas being criminally culpable for using civilians as human shields?

The two murderers from their actions and lack of remorse are clearly psychopaths. About 1% of the population has this personality defect, which does not always manifest itself in a well ordered society, but when children are indoctrinated with hatred and given a scapegoat to channel this onto you get the current situation where the psychopaths have to be fenced in. Indeed I'm pretty sure suicide bombers are groomed from those who show suceptability to suggestion - Mental disorder is indeed encouraged and actively channeled by Islamic fanatics.

Reminds me of Mark Twain's comments on the most humorous finding of his lifetime being: "The white man's notion that he is less savage than the savages".

You don't have to repeat yourself over and over again, denying there is such a thing called Palestine or Palestinians.

It is a historical fact. Yes there was an ancient Jewish Country called Palestine, but never a modern one and never an Arab one. Even Arafat was an Egyptian. ;)

There are new counties born often.Israel, East Timor, Former Yugoslavian etc etc. Southern Sudan next. What about a new country called Palestine?? One likes to talk about complicating matters. I don't see it being so complicated. Give them thier country, free to travel and trade, learn and work, free from danger and oppression. Once they have what they want then they have no reason to wage wars with Israel. Then if some Palestinian elements continue thier aggression towards Israel then they will have a clear mandate to conduct military operations in accordance with the any UN Charter allowing such action. Then Israel can have thier war. Not now!

You don't have to repeat yourself over and over again, denying there is such a thing called Palestine or Palestinians.

It is a historical fact. Yes there was an ancient Jewish Country called Palestine, but never a modern one and never an Arab one. Even Arafat was an Egyptian. ;)

There are new counties born often.Israel, East Timor, Former Yugoslavian etc etc. Southern Sudan next. What about a new country called Palestine?? One likes to talk about complicating matters. I don't see it being so complicated. Give them thier country, free to travel and trade, learn and work, free from danger and oppression. Once they have what they want then they have no reason to wage wars with Israel. Then if some Palestinian elements continue thier aggression towards Israel then they will have a clear mandate to conduct military operations in accordance with the any UN Charter allowing such action. Then Israel can have thier war. Not now!

As much as I would like to agree with you, I can't imagine giving my parents house in Texas back to the Mexicans.

Debate about YOUR fact makes no sense indeed .....since you only believe in your own truth and right and your own political correctness is carved in granite in your brain and there's no room for other opinions and other facts (because it was taugth to you) and what's written in Israeli history books, not the Palestinian- and/or Arab historical books because you even deny the rights of the Palestinians to have their own country.

That's the problem in the Middle East; all groups and religions only believe in their own truth. The others are ALWAYS wrong but "we" are -ALWAYS correct.

It's time to come out for all parties, talk to each other...... and lock ALL leaders up in a resort, a hotel and don't let them come out until a consensus has been reached. Let it take 1 year, 2 years if necessary but if people stay together...wise people, they will reach a consensus and a basis for long term peace and get rid of radical fanatics within their own borders.

Plenty of places and countries who would like to host such a consensus conference but the main parties, the Israeli and the Palestinians are not ready for it yet.

Oh...and leave the M-16's at home <_<

LaoPo

The facts are important and truth is universal. If Palestine ever existed as an independant Country you should be able to address the check list of questions demonstrating it. If you can not it does demonstrate that what 'Palestinians' are campaigning for is a mirage based on propaganda. This is not to say they shouldn't be given citizenship rights somewhere, be it in Israel, Egypt, Jordan or Syria. If they persist in wanting to be grouped together as Palestinians then that is also ok, but there is no historical borders to base it's location on.

The U.N first came up with the two state solution which was accepted by the Israelis, it was the subsequent actions of so called Palestinians which resulted in the loss of further lands.

But I agree in part, all of this should not in theory prevent the two sides sitting down and coming to some agreement, how I wish the environment was similar to when Yitzak Rabin was alive and there was genuine hope. Now there is an uncomfortable truth which has to be faced, namely there is a battle going on within Islam to determine whether it can grow up into a moderate model consistent with a secular constitution, or whether instead it gravitates towards medieval savagery. This battle is taking place throughout the world and the so called Arab spring may turn out to be nothing more than replacing despots with religous bigotry. There can be no negotiation with the Salafist extremist model and so until the dust settles Israel has nobody to negotiate with except Fatah, who can only vouch for some of the Palestinian population, furthermore it is far from certain that even the West bank Palestinians would be prepared to trade land for peace, such is the hatred which has been taught to successive generations. There is no excuse for this; I doubt very much you would find much hatred for Germans amongst Israelis, for that would be original sin, which as we know well is central to fundamentalist Islam.

"The facts are important and truth is universal. If Palestine ever existed as an independant Country you should be able to address the check list of questions demonstrating it. If you can not it does demonstrate that what 'Palestinians' are campaigning for is a mirage based on propaganda. This is not to say they shouldn't be given citizenship rights somewhere, be it in Israel, Egypt, Jordan or Syria. If they persist in wanting to be grouped together as Palestinians then that is also ok, but there is no historical borders to base it's location on.

The U.N first came up with the two state solution which was accepted by the Israelis, it was the subsequent actions of so called Palestinians which resulted in the loss of further lands"

Interesting point of view. I guess they had no "historical borders to base it's location" back in the 40's when they created Israel did they. But the created them therefore the world can do it again for Palestine.

Your comment " they should be given citizenship rights somewhere" is exactly what the UN was saying about the Jews following WW2. And look what happened to that. Sad to see some people are still in the 1940's mind set.

Edited by coma

The topic here is the murder of an Italian and subsequent arrest. Please get back on topic.

Some off topic posts and comments on moderation removed.

EDIT: Off topic posts will be removed without further notice.

Edited by cdnvic

Those attitudes and those who voice these words about "remove Israel from the map" are a small minority. I know people here will curse me for thinking/ saying so but it is true.

It is NOT true. The Palestinians celebrated the murder of this family as they did after 9/11.

To focus on the Original topic, the arrest of two suspects for the murder of five Israelis carried out with a callousness and brutality that defy belief. Now if these represent a minority, why were their actions termed 'heroic' by Al Aqsa who claimed credit :sick: for it. Why did we see Palestinians including women celebrating and handing out sweets at the news, as they did after 9/11?

If people are brainwashed into hating from an early age you can't simply undo that hatred by their leaders suddenly announcing peace is here, it may well take generations to achieve such a result. I wish I could share your belief that only a small minority of extremists exist, but many of the news topics that come up here from around the world argue differently.

In fairness, I did get my topics mixed up but the issue is the same. Historical perspectives have been done to death, please focus on the incident described in the news story (There, that should be generic enough to keep me out of trouble).

The dead Palestinians outnumber killed Israelis by far and the enormous force Israel is using is killing lots of more civilians rather than in Israel by Palestinians although I condemn every single death, caused by violence.

This thread is about Palestinian Arabs attacking a Israeli family, but the Palestinian Arabs attacked Jews before they even asked for a country, then they declared war on them numerous times and they still refuse to make peace. This incident is another in a long line of targeting innocent civilians. It is time to reject terrorists like Hamas and sign a peace treaty.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The dead Palestinians outnumber killed Israelis by far and the enormous force Israel is using is killing lots of more civilians rather than in Israel by Palestinians although I condemn every single death, caused by violence.

This thread is about Palestinian Arabs attacking a Israeli family, but the Palestinian Arabs attacked Jews before they even asked for a country, then they declared war on them numerous times and they still refuse to make peace. This incident is another in a long line of targeting innocent civilians. It is time to reject terrorists like Hamas and sign a peace treaty.

Your answer is like the little boy, telling the teacher: "he hit me first"....:ermm:

And, signing a peace treaty: it takes two to tango and you can't keep up blaming the Palestinians for eveything in every post you write.

Surely, the Israelis are the sweet pussies...are they? The way you write, it will never be peace since you always blame the other party, never the Israeli...

You would be a bad peace negotiator, not open for any consensus whatsoever, denying whatever the Israeli did wrong.

LaoPo