Has Bangkok Immigration Office Moved?

Someone told me that the Bangkok Immigration office at Suan Plu has shut down and moved to a long taxi ride from Mo Chit. I just checked the immigration website and ir still shows directions to Suan Plu. Has it moved, and if so does anyone have the full address and map that they can post a link to? I need to go tomorrow morning.

I will be applying for a retirement visa and also want to get a multiple re-entry permit at the same time. Near the top of the form, after date of birth there is space for Changwat and Country. What is supposed to go here? Bangkok, Thailand, which is my current home, or my previous home in UK?

Then further down the form after I tick that I want a multiple entry permit, it asks where I intend to go and what date, etc. I don't know this at the moment, so do i just leave blank.

Finally, do I have to take the correct money or will they give change.

I know some of these are trivial questions and I wouldn't bother asking them in the UK, but I don't want to give them an excuse to send me to teh back of the queue because I didn't dot an i. LOL.

Thankd for your help.

I'm going there next week to extend my tourist visa. I was originally going to go to Suan Plu in Sathorn, as it seems easier to get to, but it says on the immigration website that it's only for Laos, Cambodian & Myanmar nationals.:blink:

Service for Visa Issuing (NON.L-A) , extension of stay permit and notification of address every 90 days , provided only for legalized special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.

Contact at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuaPlu , Satorn Rd.)

1st Floor , Canteen Building (behind Building1)

Tel. : 0-2287-1982 or 0-2287-1983

There's also another office here, but I'm not sure if I can use that one either.:lol:

Particular Services for extension of temporary stay, Notification of address every 90 days, Re-entry Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa , could be provided only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Contact at One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits At Chamchuri Square Building

Tel. 0-2209 1100

Here's a link to info about the various offices, with maps & directions for each.

http://bangkok.immig...p?page=location

:ph34r:

ELCata, it's the office in Chaeng Wattana for you. The Suan Phlu office gives visa extensions on Saturday mornings only (http://bangkok.immig....th/en/base.php) but appears to be crowded and not a pleasant experience.

Thanks matey. I thought I had all my ducks in a row before I came over, but now it comes to actually doing it... :blink:

Chaeng Wattana doesn't seem too much of a trek, especially as there's a direct minibus at Mo Chit. B)

My visa runs out 2nd May, so if I go tomorrow I assume that they'll give me 30 days from 3rd (?) :ermm:

Cheers.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I obtained my extension without too much hassle.:ph34r:

Man this place is almost outside Bangkok.:blink: No sign of these grey shuttle buses at Mo Chit, which were mentioned on another thread. I took a taxi costing ~100B & got dropped off right in front of the GB, but the return cost 130B + 15B toll.<_<

I'd printed & filled out the form at home (single sided), went to the reception desk (where you collect the forms) & was told to go through to the back. Showed the officer my form & docs then obtained a ticket. I then sat down & looked at it for 5 minutes before realising I had to go round the back to cubicles 123-125. :whistling:

I was seen after 30 minutes, but was knocked back & told to go & copy my departure card; she told me not to get a new ticket & come straight back though. After running around the ground floor for an eternity, I found the copy shop & said goodbye to a 1B coin. A nifty queue jump & 15 minutes later I retrieved my passport from cubicle 123 & was away.:ph34r:

BTW there were some hi-so market stalls on the 2nd floor, along with a show & a famous actress from a Lakorn. The GF had her (my) sunglasses lifted from her shirt pocket in the crowds, so be careful of pick-pockets.<_<