Hull Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas April 2011

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now then, what if someone in my position were to be offered a job by a Thai company, and the company wrote a letter to a Thai consulate in the UK stating this intention to employ her, so that she could get a multi-entry non-B visa. But when she returns to Thailand, the job offer is sadly withdrawn, and she is unable to find another job for the remaining 12 months. Any danger in her continuing to use the non-B on 90-day entries for the next 12-15 months, even though she can't find a job and therefore can't get a work permit?

i am doing same thing now have non b but not working, not had any problems ar border

"Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

So for people like me over 50 I see no problem........"

No problem if you happen to have an income. Personally I'm not bothered by this as I'm already here, already have my visa obtained from Birmingham just a few months ago (for which I provided no documentation at all), and will have an extension issued here based on having 800kB in the bank.

But if I was applying now in the UK for a visa I wouldnt get it because although I have a lot of money in the bank I dont receive any sort of regular income. This is rather silly, given the amount of money I have. I suspect that many other people would also be in my position.

Also rather silly in that the UK state pension (which is a suitable qualification for a visa) is only half of the GBP900/month required for people over 50 who dont receive a pension.

Has the 800kB in the bank option definitely gone?

800k in bank account is for extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand or for non immigrant O-A visa from Thai Embassy, London and has not gone anywhere. Hull is not involved with either type of retirement stay so the only thing they can issue is a non immigrant O visa (which you can then extend if meeting immigration requirements). They can not issue an O-A visa.

<br />
<br />
<br /><i>"Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over<br /><br />      Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.<br /><br /></i><i>So for people like me over 50 I see no problem........"</i><br /><br />No problem if you happen to have an income. Personally I'm not bothered by this as I'm already here, already have my visa obtained from Birmingham just a few months ago (for which I provided no documentation at all), and will have an extension issued here based on having 800kB in the bank.<br /><br />But if I was applying now in the UK for a visa I wouldnt get it because although I have a lot of money in the bank I dont receive any sort of regular income. This is rather silly, given the amount of money I have. I suspect that many other people would also be in my position.<br /><br />Also rather silly in that the UK state pension (which is a suitable qualification for a visa) is only half of the GBP900/month required for people over 50 who dont receive a pension.<br /><br />
<br /><br />Has the 800kB in the bank option definitely gone?<br />
<br />800k in bank account is for extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand or for non immigrant O-A visa from Thai Embassy, London and has not gone anywhere.  Hull is not involved with either type of retirement stay so the only thing they can issue is a non immigrant O visa (which you can then extend if meeting immigration requirements).  They can not issue an O-A visa.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm single, in my 50's, currently living in the UK with a British passport. I can meet the 800kB but don't yet have a pension (yet). I wouldn't be looking for work.

What's the easiest way forward for getting into Thailand? Assuming I settle OK and want to stay there long term.

Is it get there, deposit the 800kb on arrival so it's there for 2 months, then after 3 months try to upgrade to a retirement visa from Thailand?

If I travel within Thailand and didn't have a fixed address after the 3 months, would that be a problem securing a retirement visa?

Arrive in Thailand with a Non Imm O Visa.

If you intend on staring the process upon arrival you need a single entry. If you need some time a Multi Entry.

Deposit the 800,000 in the bank and apply for a 12 month extension of stay when the money has been there for 2 months.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Alternatively you can apply for a Non Imm O-A Visa at the Thai Embassy in London.

Same financial requirements but you need a Police Report and a Medical Certificate.

Arrive in Thailand with a Non Imm O Visa.

If you intend on staring the process upon arrival you need a single entry. If you need some time a Multi Entry.

Deposit the 800,000 in the bank and apply for a 12 month extension of stay when the money has been there for 2 months.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Alternatively you can apply for a Non Imm O-A Visa at the Thai Embassy in London.

Same financial requirements but you need a Police Report and a Medical Certificate.

Can I get the Non Imm O Visa without showing proof of £900 a month income? I thought that's what the OP was saying in their opening post. That the 800kB or 65kB income had changed to just £900 income.

"Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month."

The quote by Lite Beer gives the criteria for an extension f stay from immigration in thailand.

The rules for getting a visa based on retirement are different. Just contact Hull to see what they require at this moment to get a (multiple) non-O based on retirement.

The Hull website says.

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

Maybe not for a single entry.

Contact Hull and ask. Contact Details

If not you can always arrive with a Tourist Visa and change it to a Non Imm O Visa at Immigration (2,000 Baht)

Thanks for the replies. So a plan would be: A 30 day tourist visa with a return ticket (could push the date forward later for a admin fee). Then from within Thailand change that to a Non Imm O Visa for 2kB which gets 90 days. Then from within Thailand change that to a retirement visa which gets 1 year. If you were travelling and had no fixed abode would that be a problem upgrading the visas or getting a bank account for the 800kB deposit? Would an HSBC account opened from within the UK be OK for the deposit? There must be lots of people in their 50's who can meet the 800kB but don't have the £900 a month income. If someone had savings but no pension, to get that much interest income given our low rates it would need at least £450,000 in the bank. These days you are lucky to get 3% which after 20% tax is only 2.4% £900 x 12 = £10,800 a year. £10,800 / 0.024 = £450,000 a massive difference from just having 800kB, around £17k!

Thanks for the replies. So a plan would be: A 30 day tourist visa with a return ticket (could push the date forward later for a admin fee). Then from within Thailand change that to a Non Imm O Visa for 2kB which gets 90 days. Then from within Thailand change that to a retirement visa which gets 1 year. If you were travelling and had no fixed abode would that be a problem upgrading the visas or getting a bank account for the 800kB deposit? Would an HSBC account opened from within the UK be OK for the deposit? There must be lots of people in their 50's who can meet the 800kB but don't have the £900 a month income. If someone had savings but no pension, to get that much interest income given our low rates it would need at least £450,000 in the bank. These days you are lucky to get 3% which after 20% tax is only 2.4% £900 x 12 = £10,800 a year. £10,800 / 0.024 = £450,000 a massive difference from just having 800kB, around £17k!

UphillStruggle see my PM re funds.