Iphone 3 Update

pitrevie

Once again while my iphone3 is docked with my computer it advises me an update is available. The two previous updates have resulted in my phone just locking up and I have been unable to use it. I have taken it into True who then do the update for me but wipes all my information which is a pain to load again even though most of it is sync'd with my computer. I can't see that I am doing any wrong as all I am doing is accepting the upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

What do you mean by 'locking up?' Are you also trying to jailbreak? I don't see the point of accepting minor updates anyway. They mostly exist to thwart jailbreaks. Stay where you are until iOS 5.

No I am not doing anything special just when I sync my phone with Outlook or iTunes I am being told there is an update available for my phone. On the last two occasions I accepted the update it started and then I could not do anything with the phone it had just locked up and switching it on and off made no difference no access to any function. Nothing special about my phone it was bought through True so I haven't done anything to over-ride any legit program.

This one says A new software version (4.3.2.) is available for the iPhone "true's iPhone". Would you like to download it and update your iPhone now? (etc)

It's a weird one if you're not jailbroken. Is it still in warranty? Ask True to replace it, or at least give you some indication of what they think the problem is (since they seem to be able to solve it). Otherwise just stay where you are until major updates. iOS 5 will be the next one.

It's a weird one if you're not jailbroken. Is it still in warranty? Ask True to replace it, or at least give you some indication of what they think the problem is (since they seem to be able to solve it). Otherwise just stay where you are until major updates. iOS 5 will be the next one.

The last twice I have taken it back they have reloaded it and it was within warranty, my guess is by now it is not I will have to check. Certainly not jailbroken but thanks for the advice.