Thai Senior Cop Transferred Over Under-Age Patrons Pub Debacle

webfact

Senior cop transferred over under-age pub debacle

By The Nation

Nakhon Pathom

30153555-01.jpg

The superintendent of Pho Kaew Police Station, Colonel Passakorn Klanwan, has been slapped with a transfer order for allowing an entertainment venue in his jurisdiction to stay open beyond authorised hours and welcome under-age patrons.

The Full Moon Pub in Nakhon Pathom's Omyai area was still bustling when Narcotics Suppression Division 1 commander Maj-General Saengsoon Kannasut and his team made a surprise raid at about 3.30am yesterday.

Inside, police and officials from the Office of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission found more than 300 patrons aged under 18. The youngest was just 14. A zone inside the pub also operated as a gambling den.

Records kept at the Full Moon Pub suggested it paid Bt500 to 20 policemen each day.

"We will investigate the matter," Saengsoon said.

Police spokesman Maj-General Prawut Thawonsiri said the raid was conducted after young revellers caught dancing topless near Silom Road during the Songkran festival told police that the Full Moon Pub offered free drinks to girls who showed their breasts.

Provincial Police Region 7 commissioner Lt-General Pongsan Jiam-on said a fact-finding committee had been set up to investigate how the Full Moon Pub could flout the law.

"If the investigation shows local policemen have taken bribes, they will face harsh punishments," he said.

Passakorn tried to dismiss the bribe claim, saying that Bt500 was given to policemen only for security provided.

Pongsan said Passakorn had been transferred to the Provincial Police Region 7 office.

Starting yesterday, he will have to work at the office for 30 days while Nakhon Pathom deputy police chief Colonel Krissana Jamsawang fills in as acting superintendent of Pho Kaew police station.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-21

Passakorn tried to dismiss the bribe claim, saying that Bt500 was given to policemen only for security provided.

If a pub needs 20 security guards a day, it has bigger problems than under-age drinkers and bare boobs.

Is there a Thai equivalent of the phrase "if you're in a hole, stop digging"?

If a pub needs 20 security guards a day, it has bigger problems than under-age drinkers and bare boobs.

Rather than for security it seems to be money paid for "protection"

"Say, nice night club you have here, would be a shame something happened to it, wouldn't it?" <_<

I believe the expression is "If you're in a hole, dig up"

The 500 Baht that was being paid must have been registered so I'm sure he can prove it no problem. I have faith in this man.

:lol:

"Full Moon Pub offered free drinks to girls who showed their breasts"

Is the PUB management too sick and cheap or are the ladies too desperate and naive?

That's how the country will improve into a civilize nation. SAD!!

Anyone naive enough to think this is a new happening? Or likely to change anytime soon?

Its been going on for last 30 years or more. I know I first saw this behavior about 30 years ago. And often since. Very often. Very very often.

i fail to find anything newsworthy in this, this is standard procedure in clubs in my area. I think it is a case of the senior cop not passing the correct percentage up the chain of command.

Oh my god i can't believe it! A corrupt top cop who allows a 14 year old girl to drink and cavort in a club that allows breast to be shown for a drink. Daily occurrence . Bet he is back in his position in thirty days. Why is he not charged with corruption?!

Edited by FOODLOVER

""If the investigation shows local policemen have taken bribes, they will face harsh punishments," he said.""

So no more policeman in Thailand !

In Khon Khaen shall all bars pay 1000 Baht a month for nothing !

When one had a problem and called the police, they was told to pay 4000 Baht if the police had to come !

That is what police are in THialand, corrupt people with no brain at all.

Shooting people for money they can find out, but police work NEVER !

As long as the syste is like this, the country will never become very rich, and low income people will stay down there !

People have to lean to sy NO ! Not just take a police mans word for the law, the police man not know the law anyway !

Stand up and complain ! That is the only way forward, stay together agains the corrupt idiots !

who said corruption is the police's responsibility?....... obviously, they are .....

then where to start cleanin'......

I believe in Pattaya most of the businesses similar to "full moon" pay beautifully to the cops in their areas

otherwise, you will have no space ......

wonder! !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:what 'd they say in the accounting?.............

nice business to be a policman in thailand

and 20!!! of them got 500 baht each

owner: i already gave to the police today

police nr 2 : no no, that is not me, give to me now or we close your bar

owner : ok

2 sec later

owner: i already gave to the police today

police nr 3 : no no, that is not me, give to me now or we close your bar

etc....

slapp on corrupted police

i fail to find anything newsworthy in this, this is standard procedure in clubs in my area. I think it is a case of the senior cop not passing the correct percentage up the chain of command.

No I think it is a case of the corruption being to embarrassing and obvious for senior officers to ignore.

A formal complain was filed by a government official in a very public manner.

So , will the young ladies who bared their breasts to bring some excitement to the celebration and are being brought to justice , now be exonerated from their misdemeanor and handsomely rewarded for bringing these dastardly goings on to the light of day ? Will the owners of the establishment be brought to justice at the highest level possible for their criminal activity , of course , along with ALL of the police members who aided and abetted such a criminal element to exist in the first place .?

I would hold my breath , but my lung capacity is not as huge as a zeppelins .

""If the investigation shows local policemen have taken bribes, they will face harsh punishments," he said.""

So no more policeman in Thailand !

In Khon Khaen shall all bars pay 1000 Baht a month for nothing !

When one had a problem and called the police, they was told to pay 4000 Baht if the police had to come !

That is what police are in THialand, corrupt people with no brain at all.

Shooting people for money they can find out, but police work NEVER !

As long as the syste is like this, the country will never become very rich, and low income people will stay down there !

People have to lean to sy NO ! Not just take a police mans word for the law, the police man not know the law anyway !

Stand up and complain ! That is the only way forward, stay together agains the corrupt idiots !

Your intentions are good... remember the old saying about what place is paved with good intentions?

People in Thailand are drilled at home and school from an early age that: "It is not polite to complain."

Every time I complain about something (business or government) and I am in the company of a Thai national, the Thai feels uncomfortable and starts fidgeting away. The intention is to put physical distance from me to convey to others this: "I am not with this guy, nor do I agree with what he is doing."

Edited by pisico

If there is, I have yet to hear it....5555

I agree, 20 cops to control things means the place needs to be closed down and reorganized. Furthermore, why does a cop need to be additionally compensated for DOING HIS JOB?

So the topless gals turned informant for the BIB??? :bah:

But as to the police case, what a bunch of B.S.... If they actually followed and enforced the law, I'd wager almost every policeman in Thailand would be in the dock... These guys in this case weren't doing anything that isn't done elsewhere throughout the country.

As for the Full Moon Pub, it'll probably be "by the book" for a few months until the ruckus passes by... Sad to see another of Thailand's cultural icons bite the dust... :whistling:

I believe the expression is "If you're in a hole, dig up"

The 500 Baht that was being paid must have been registered so I'm sure he can prove it no problem. I have faith in this man.

No. The expression is: if you're in a hole, stop digging.

As for the Full Moon Pub, it'll probably be "by the book" for a few months until the ruckus passes by... Sad to see another of Thailand's cultural icons bite the dust... :whistling:

No worries - it'll probably open as the Half Moon Pub under new management with board members coming from Thailand's finest. :whistling: