Typing Thai On Windows Me

brianbrain

Question: How can I type Thai on Windows ME (English Edition)?

Let me add that I did a search on the forums but could not find anything that answered my question. If this problem has been discussed before - and I am SURE it must have - a link to the thread would do just fine. Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

PS, I can touch type in Thai so the absence of a Thai language keyboard is not a problem. The problem is that I am away from my regular PC (Windows XP) and having to make do with Windows ME :o Upgrading this PC to Windows XP is not an option. I would like to type Thai characters in MSN Messenger and MS Office.

Thanks for the reply. I was following your instructions to add Thai language to this computer when I found out that registry editing tools had been disabled. :o I know there are tools to enable/disable registry editing, but I didn't want to download yet more crapware. So, I just took a chance and installed http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/ZzzThai/windows/...5_textonly.html Providing I select Thai language (in the language app program) AND choose a suitable font in my word processor program it works okay. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work in MSN Messenger - I think there is a problem with selecting a suitable font.

Regards,

BB

Should not be to hard if you still have the WinMe cd .

To install multilanguage support:

1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

2. On the Windows Setup tab, click to select the Multilanguage Support check box, and then click OK.

3. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

You'll probably get asked to insert your WinMe CD somewhere...

To change the default language:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional Settings.

2. On the Regional Settings tab, click the language that you want to use, and then click OK.

3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

4. In Control Panel, double-click Keyboard.

5. On the Language tab, click Add, click the language you want to use in the Add Language dialog, click OK, click Set As Default, and then click OK.

Source:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273558

Edited by monty

Thanks for your suggestion, but when I followed the instructions Thai was not listed. Perhaps this is an earlier release of Windows ME.

Should not be to hard if you still have the WinMe cd .

To install multilanguage support:

1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

2. On the Windows Setup tab, click to select the Multilanguage Support check box, and then click OK.

3. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

You'll probably get asked to insert your WinMe CD somewhere...

To change the default language:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional Settings.

2. On the Regional Settings tab, click the language that you want to use, and then click OK.

3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

4. In Control Panel, double-click Keyboard.

5. On the Language tab, click Add, click the language you want to use in the Add Language dialog, click OK, click Set As Default, and then click OK.

Source:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273558