Moving Stuff From Bkk To Chiang Mai - How To?

davevi

I am moving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. I have about an SUV's worth of stuff to move. What's the best method?

I checked with a rental car company (Budget) who wanted about 3,500 baht per day plus 3,900 for a one-way drop fee in Chiang Mai!

I would like to hire a driver and van but I don't know anyone who can provide this service.

I am asking the forum for suggestions on how to move my stuff. I would strongly prefer to STAY WITH my stuff at all times and not use a package shipping company.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Dave,

Not sure about Bangkok but there must be an area where theres trucks lined up advertising for rent. I moved from Pattaya a while back. On Sukhumvit Road theres was a line of them for rent. It cost me 13,000 Baht for a large truck load of stuff. You wont be insured and all that but I thought they did a great job. There is smaller trucks available too and it obviously would be alot cheaper than what I payed. I assume you havent got your own transport and I wouldnt see there being an issue travelling with the guy in the truck/pick-up.

You can add another 2,000 Baht for fuel onto your hire car, so your not far off 10K. I reckon it will cost you around 7-8,000 to hire a driver/truck/pick-up all in.

Hope this helps and good luck with your move.

For 15,000 you can move a 40' sea container up here. Try a company like Nim See Seng We've had large shipments - perhaps 1 cubic meter sent up here from BKK for under 1000 Baht. Prices have gone up recently - what hasn't...

There is another company but I can't recall the name out on the far end of Thannon Chang Klan on the left side of the street. They are even cheaper. In 2009 we had 3 huge, heavy boxes shipped from Hat Yai to Chiang Mai for 50 Baht! Seriously. But it took 2 weeks to get here.

Edited by elektrified

Davevi

I can recommend Intermover Thailand <[email protected]>. When I relocated to Thailand in February, they moved about 550 lbs of stuff for me from BKK to CM for about 2,500 baht. It was door-to-door service and included a week of free storage while I found a place here. If you contact them, the person you will probably hear from is Julaluck Nygren. She was most helpful.

Good luck with the move.

David

Strange, just received this email this morning that might help.

DNS PACK AND MOVE INTERNATIONAL COMPANY LIMITED

No. 940/88 Moo 12 Bangna, Bangna Bangkok 10260 THAILAND Tel. 0 2396 1761, 0 2396 1762 Fax: 0 2747 4217 E-mail: [email protected]

Subject: Proposal for full packing and moving service To: Purchasing manager / Director of Procurement / Commission Section:

DNS Pack and Move international company provides a full packing and moving service with over ten year - experienced administrative team (We began our business in 1996). Our company is located at 940/88 Moo 12 Bangna Bangna District Bangkok 10260. Telephone 0-2396-1761-2 Fax.0-27474217

DNS would like to present you a full packing and moving service as an option to gain an effective service with our experience of moving both for private and government sectors by over ten year- experienced team to offer you a quality of work which customers trusted in our services. In addition,

we also

− − − − − − − − − − −

− − − − −

offer you the holistic moving tasks as follow.

Stuff moving inside resting house and condominium. Every size of Piano moving. Every size of safe moving. Office equipment moving.

Install and dismantle product shelf, partition or workstation. Factory, Warehouse, Machine moving. Medical, hospital, laboratory device moving nationwide. Computer and devices, Rack, Server, and electronics apparatus. Display equipment and product moving.

Product packing service both for local transportation and export. Crate making service for export whether clear crate, dim crate, every kind of wooden palate, Vacuum Packing. Fumigation service and TPPC stamp. Binding service for every kind of machine and product to export. In and out goods loading from every size of container. Letter service for Direct Mail delivery via postcard and e-mail for public relations.

Label, name list and every kind of data base printing

DNS pays attention on the safety of your property with well care. We use a quality materials for good packing. Our staff are expert in moving with high quality and they are well- trained in packing and moving. We have added a confidence with damage warranty for your property throughout moving. We offer a pre-survey before hiring without any charges to get the best standard of service.

We wish to serve you with our packing and moving service every time you need. Thank you for your consideration.

Your Sincerely,

(Natwirintr Komwarattana) Sales and Marketing Section

Mobile phone: 081 6271771

Great info. I need to get a 20 foot container to Roi-Et. Your post is very helpful. Thanks. Regards John.

For 15,000 you can move a 40' sea container up here. Try a company like Nim See Seng We've had large shipments - perhaps 1 cubic meter sent up here from BKK for under 1000 Baht. Prices have gone up recently - what hasn't...

There is another company but I can't recall the name out on the far end of Thannon Chang Klan on the left side of the street. They are even cheaper. In 2009 we had 3 huge, heavy boxes shipped from Hat Yai to Chiang Mai for 50 Baht! Seriously. But it took 2 weeks to get here.

I've used Boonma Cargo. Google them for their website. Several staff spoke good English. I think 'Kat' wa the lady I dealt with. Their office is just before the Nim City Daily complex (with the Rim Ping) near Airport Plaza. They picked up a pallet of stuff I had shipped in, cleared customs for me and then trucked it up and delivered to my door - 8 floors up. I think the trucking was only 3000 or so. I've also called them for quotes since then. Friends have used Nim See Seng and recommend it.