Owning Land In Thailand

One way I think you can own land is if you invest over 40,000,000bt

The only other way that I know of is, if it is left to you in a will. But catch 22 aplies here, you must sell it within 1year?

So really Soutpeel's answer is correct.

jb1

The only other way that I know of is, if it is left to you in a will. But catch 22 aplies here, you must sell it within 1year?

jb1

The only other possible "way" is through a company in which the company could be listed on the deed, then we get into 51/49% ownership of company an you managing director etc etc.....also these days believe this is just about illegal in these sort of circumstances, and this wasn't the question you asked...;)

Dont let anyone tell you different, a foreigner cannot own land and putting your name on a deed implies ownership of the land

jb1

That would be 40,000,000 baht for 1 Ria of land, a real bargain. Anybody interested?

Well, you name can actually appear on the land title but not as an owner or co-owner; this unless you invest the 40 million baht mentioned above, but your name can appear on the back side as a lease holder (actually hirer), usufruct holder, superficies holder or with a right to habitat.

jb1

That would be 40,000,000 baht for 1 Ria of land, a real bargain. Anybody interested?

I will take 3 Rai please....:lol:

From all of the years I have read about ownership in Thailand , it would seem that you as a solitary persn cannot own more than the clothes on your back at any given time , there is most always an additional provision that a Thai national is required to be involved that owns MORE than you have purchased with YOUR money . Yes , I have read of many wrinkles to circumvent this legal requirement , the bottom line is , it is not legal for anyone to own a part of Thailand , Thailand is for Thai and most or all of the money you think you have will often be extracted by any means possible .

Strap your penis to your ankle when in dealings for what you wish to own .