Thai Yellow-Shirt Group Comment On Border Clashes

webfact

<snip>

My point here is that the history of this entire region is fluid and nigh impossible to compartmentalise into convenient sections. The history of this region, as fascinating as it is, will not offer anyone a permanent solution to the disputed border areas.

Quite correct.

Which is why I questioned comments that it should be given back to the Cambodians "because it was Khmer".

It was occupied by lots of peoples. Where do you draw the line?

yep.......... hard to tell ..

and both can't afford to lose any... it will effect the sea territorials

oil rigs get underway in the gulf......when permitted ....................... for TOTAL PTT

Heavy benefits to the 2 countries... including their politician pockets

The ignorance of Thailand. Imagine what a good education would do for the country. Oops stupid idea, that would empower the people and we cannot have that in Freeland, where would they get their slaves from, "Cambodia"? No, much easier to find them in Issan.

Historically the Khmer were here before Thaskin, The Elite, the Yellow, the Red or the Siamese were even a glint in their mother's eye.

The Khmen occupied most of what you call Thailand, but then where is the free in Freeland. It's Thai culture, it's all they know. Expert killers, expert slaves, expert liars and expert at saving face, it's been going on for 700 years. It will not be fixed in a couple of months?

Thailand only exists because the Khmen self destructed. Now the same is happening to the Thais.

Share? Why....?? The Thais have no historical claim to the broader that is factually Khmer - outside of the promoted Thai fantasy, of course.

The Thais were there for 6-700 years. Isn't that historical enough for you?

Edited by thailife69

A border that is defined by a water shed line is not a border, it's a joke.

Are you suggesting the entire border from the sea to Laos be a national park? We all know about national parks in Thailand. Encroachment, encroachment, encroachment. So please inform all how you will define the border of the National Park? Will you use Thai standards or Cambodian standards or International standards. They have been there before with the ICJ and it left the two countries with a bigger problem than they first had.

Face up to the Face. This region only makes agreements to save face, not to resolve issues, solving issues generates loss of face. Why is Thailand so anti third party? For fear of losing face! Thailand gave up Eastern, North Eastern, Northern and Southern Thailand to save FACE.

If it was only as simple as you propose. Everyone is an expert including me, but no one really understands.

In some aspects you need to congratulate Cambodia in wanting to end it by any means possible.

Possible solution (please feel free to ridicule):

1) withdraw troops

2) talk

3) declare the disputed area a Bi-national Park / Wildlife refuge / open area...whatever

4) temples accessible from both nations

5) unarmed (!) park staff recruited from both nations to care for the ruins, collect entrance money etc.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

6) make it a buffered zone... no entry..... like the Korean.

and the world will be as one.........

How nice! I'm dreamin' too.... but let the Yellow back off first ....

let the Yellow back off first? Yes, absolutely and Let Hun Sen and his mates back off too. There are people rattling their sabres on both sides.

Edited by thailife69

Share? Why....?? The Thais have no historical claim to the broader that is factually Khmer - outside of the promoted Thai fantasy, of course.

The Thais were there for 6-700 years. Isn't that historical enough for you?

The ignorance of Thailand. Imagine what a good education would do for the country. Oops stupid idea, that would empower the people and we cannot have that in Freeland, where would they get their slaves from, "Cambodia"? No, much easier to find them in Issan.

Historically the Khmer were here before Thaskin, The Elite, the Yellow, the Red or the Siamese were even a glint in their mother's eye.

The Khmen occupied most of what you call Thailand, but then where is the free in Freeland. It's Thai culture, it's all they know. Expert killers, expert slaves, expert liars and expert at saving face, it's been going on for 700 years. It will not be fixed in a couple of months?

Thailand only exists because the Khmen self destructed. Now the same is happening to the Thais.

I suppose the land should be given back to the people that were there before the Khmer's.

A border that is defined by a water shed line is not a border, it's a joke.

Are you suggesting the entire border from the sea to Laos be a national park? We all know about national parks in Thailand. Encroachment, encroachment, encroachment. So please inform all how you will define the border of the National Park? Will you use Thai standards or Cambodian standards or International standards. They have been there before with the ICJ and it left the two countries with a bigger problem than they first had.

Face up to the Face. This region only makes agreements to save face, not to resolve issues, solving issues generates loss of face. Why is Thailand so anti third party? For fear of losing face! Thailand gave up Eastern, North Eastern, Northern and Southern Thailand to save FACE.

If it was only as simple as you propose. Everyone is an expert including me, but no one really understands.

In some aspects you need to congratulate Cambodia in wanting to end it by any means possible.

I suggested that the disputed areas become a bi-national park. How big are the disputed areas? Bilateral agreement is a possible answer but Cambodia doesn't want this and therefore does not want to "end it by any means possible." A third party to resolve the issue? Ahh, of course Indonesia, that bastion of human-rights, anti-corruption and liberty(!)

Which part of Thailand was given up? Do you mean the parts where Laotian, Khmer and Malay people live?

The solution is quite simple but there is no desire from either side to achieve it. You call it face, I call it pride.

Ask the people who live in the affected areas what they would prefer.