Cheap Gay Or Gay Friendly Hotel

ginqueen30

Hey guys, i have just poted my return to BKK, any ideas on a cheap gay or gay friendly B&B or guest house, unfortunately i am on a budget not like the heady days of before when i had my restaurant.

I usually stay at Tarntawan, so anywhere that area is good.

Thank you

Thanx guys for your help,,however i found a gem gay only hotel called Aquarious Guesthouse. Really quaint, a bit old and dated but clean, quiet and great staff, well there is only 2.

Hot coffee and toast and fruit for breakfast. Located on soi suan phlu sathorn, close to babylon.

Only thing is i am the only guest,,but the staff enjoy having a drink with me in the evening.

Don't expect an entourage of sexy boys, but just clean rooms and good service.

Apparently this place used to be buzzing years ago , shame really as it has a nice garden and relaxed feeling, a real home from home.

All for just 850thb a night!!! BARGAIN

Only thing is i am the only guest,,but the staff enjoy having a drink with me in the evening.

Really? That's pretty cool -- have to try it some time... Is it central? They have a website? On hotels.com?

www.aquariushouse.com although it is a rather outdated web site,,but try it,,you might like it!!!

Its doesn't have any of a real hotel's facilities; years ago it was mainly a short time place. I'm surprised it still exists.

Thanx guys for your help,,however i found a gem gay only hotel called Aquarious Guesthouse. Really quaint, a bit old and dated but clean, quiet and great staff, well there is only 2.

Hot coffee and toast and fruit for breakfast. Located on soi suan phlu sathorn, close to babylon.

Don't expect an entourage of sexy boys, but just clean rooms and good service.

Apparently this place used to be buzzing years ago , shame really as it has a nice garden and relaxed feeling, a real home from home.

All for just 850thb a night!!! BARGAIN

Amazing that it still exists! I used to stay there in the late 80s. Who runs it now? The old guy who ran it then claimed that he was the one who introduced go-go into the gay scene!

Yes, I remember the Aquarius about 7 years ago. Its in a quiet soi running parallel to Soi8 (the one which leads to babylon), and it has a garden gate and stuff. Soi 4 or 6? The soi is narrow.

When I went there, it was only to check it out...but the waiters and cleaning boys all "appeared" to be willing to earn extra money (!) and were all sat around the kitchen table.

The bedrooms were a bit old and fusty but clean. Does the same old guy run it? He looked close to retirement 7 years ago! He was very welcoming and friendly. I got the impression that anybody could be "taken" to the house for sex.

Is the Malaysia Hotel still the same, with 40 yr old money-boys hanging around the pool and begging you for a beer (and more) in the late bar?

Eddy

Tarntawan is getting a bit pricey, though still a nice place to stay. Almost any hotel in this area is gay friendly. I stayed in a few different places last trip.

www.agoda.com is a good place to shop for hotel discounts.

www.utopia-asia.com has good info.

I prefer to stay on Silom to be close to the Skytrain. My favorite place when I can get a good rate is Bally Studio Suites.

http://www.bangkok.com/bally-studio-silom/

If that's full, very close is The Regent Silom. It's basic but clean and close to Skytrain. I suggest picking TYPE A if you go for the deluxe room. TYPE B has no window which is too weird for me. I think all the Superior rooms have a window, but check to be sure if this is important to you.

http://www.theregentsilom.com/

For a truly gay hotel there is the BBB Inn on Rama IV. 1200 baht inclusive. The rooms are pretty basic. Last time I was there the wireless internet was not very good. A nice hotel for a sleazy weekend ;)

http://thaiboy.net/bed/index.php?id_tha=1305