Have You Just Got One Sony Ericsson K750i

Mumbo Jumbo

Have had this phone a few months now.

I allways been a fan of Sony Ericsson, and have had the t39, t68i and k500i so

when i was going to get me a new phone the choise was easy.

Did buy a K750 and have been happy since.

Extra i did buy a 500mb memory card, a MXE-60 External Flash and a CDS-60 Stand to put phone in.

Did buy this phone to use as a MP3 player and a digital cam (since i always forget to bring my cam :o ). The phone have been good, the pictures has ok quality, and the MP3 player is good.

Picture taken with my phone - Nr 1

Picture taken with my phone - Nr 2

Picture taken with my phone - Nr 3

Picture taken with my phone - Nr 4

Have alos converted a few DVD's to 100mb AVI files and put them in phone, to have something to watch when waiting at airports ect.

The phone have a good adressbook and is easy to sync to outlook.

The MXE-60 is a must if you want to take good pictures indoor or in areas with poor light. Accessories for K750

I enjoy this phone, but if you buy it rember to to upgrade the software from sony ericsson to remove some bugs that was in the first models.

If its anything else you wonder about, just ask :D

So now i can peek a video when im waiting for bus or plain , listen to Pimsleur Thai Course on my phone when i go to work , listen to the radio when im at work , use the phone as memorystick to bring files and docments from work , have all my contacts synced with my laptop. At the moment its no other phone for me...

Edited by jorn-h

I think I saw it for 15,500 recently..

Not been really huslting the rpice and that was Phuket..

I think a 1GB sandisk MS Pro Duo card is about 4500..

Flash on ebay for around 20 USD + Shipping from HK.. I dont hasve a flash but want one for the bar pics..

info from the sun uk.

Golden wonder ... Lauren shows off her fine form and the Sharp's

Click picture to enlarge

FLASH, bang, wallop, what a picture!

Camera phones are fast-becoming a REAL alternative to your digital snapper.

Last year, most handsets featured VGA lenses with just a few one megapixel models on the market.

But 12 months later and Sharp's 903 is packing a THREE megapixel quality set-up while the trusty Sony Ericsson K750i has two megapixels.

In their latest issue, WHAT MOBILE, its cover photographer Tina Korhonen and luscious lovely Lauren Pope put the cameras on the SE K750i, Sharp 903 and Nokia N90 through their paces.

And as you can see, the results speak for themselves.

USABILITY

If you can’t activate the camera quickly or use it efficiently, then you may as well not bother at all. So, how did each camera fare in what might be the most important test?

Sharp 903

Tina: "I like the focusing. You can really close in on a specific area. But it's sometimes difficult to get it just right. For example, it might focus on the nose instead of the eyes! It can be quite difficult to hold as well."

WM: “You can easily move the camera when you press the button, but the huge screen lets you see this so you can try again.”

Phone-tastic ... Lauren with the Sharp 903

Click picture to enlarge

Nokia N90

Tina: "The phone is easy to keep still as you can hold it steady with your other hand. I liked using this one. However it's difficult to know when it’s focused, as there's no audible notification that it's locked on."

WM : “It’s okay to use as a camera, but for everything else, it’s a beast!”

Sony Ericsson K750i

Tina: "I like the loud sound so you know when the focus is locked. I found it rather difficult to keep steady at first though. There’s a big shutter lag to contend with."

WM : "You certainly need to hold steady for a second or two after snapping, or the pictures can come out blurry."

Ranking:

1. Nokia N90

2. Sharp 903

3. Sony Ericsson K750i

STUDIO TEST

A tough one for all the cameraphones, with little in the way of lighting to illuminate the wonderful Lauren Pope.

Lauren taken on N90

Nokia N90

Tina: "It wasn't that dark inside the studio but it appears to be too low-light for the camera. There's a noticeably yellow skin tone, but the automatic mode on the N90 means it may have activated the night mode by itself."

WM : "The N90 images aren’t as sharp or accurate as the other two phones here."

Lauren taken on Sharp 903

Sharp 903

Tina: "At first glance, this looks by far the best. It’s a lot sharper than the other two, but there’s a problem with the lighting that makes the image look a bit cold."

WM : "Although it’s fairly dark, there’s fine detail on the hair. Overall very good."

Lauren taken on K750i

Sony Ericsson K750i

Tina: "There's a blurry feel to the image, but that may be down to the shutter lag that threw me at first. However the image is flat and lacking in contrast."

WM : "That shutter lag can catch you out, but get it right and the pictures capture the moment well."

Ranking:

1. Sharp 903

2. Sony Ericsson K750i

3. Nokia N90

Outdoors the Sharp 903 also came out on top with a very "sharp" image that's natural and realistic.

Out now ... What Mobile

WHAT MOBILE said: "With more than an extra million pixels to play with, we anticipated the Sharp 903 would lead the way - even if it wasn't always as good as we expected.

Given low lighting conditions, the Sharp couldn't hack it against its pixel-challenged rivals. With a rather pathetic LED lamp trying to act as a flash, it was never going to match the K750i and its two super bright LEDs.

The N90's lamp was only marginally better.

In the outdoor shot, the 903's higher resolution more than made up for any other deficiencies the camera might have, but in the studio the Sony Ericsson nearly matched it with good colour reproduction, although the need for a steady finger could have easily ruined the shot completely.

Overall, for general quality and outright picture resolution, the Sharp came out on top - but the K750i is still more than capable of standing its ground.

The biggest disappointment was the N90, which despite a big name lens, didn't live up to expectations.

WHAT MOBILE EDITOR'S CHOICE: Sharp 903

Edited by lovejoy

I was a long time Siemens SL45 user before 7 months ago I decided to upgrade. I was in between Nokia 3230 and SE K750i which has similar features (megapixel camera, gprs, bluetooth, video, mp3, expandable memory card, radio). They were the cheapest phones with such great features often found in high-end or PDA phones.

The SE one was just launched and on the brochure it was nice elegant futuristic black. But then when I saw physically, I didn't like screen and keypad, they are too small, and not as elegant as I saw on brochure. Anyway it was more expensive 1.5x than Nokia one. So I decided to get the Nokia (larger screen, cheaper, sleek Maroon colored design, Symbian OS for software expandability, support EDGE for faster data transfer).

Well, now I'm stuck with Nokia. Like it very much. Though I have some dissapointments on slow navigation, lag in taking photo, and occassionally hang/restart problems. Anyway, I heard these problems are a general problem of all Symbian-based phones including the new Communicator 9500. I haven't got time to check that upgrading the OS or firmware will solve the problems.

Well got to live with it until next upgrade. Off course, need to be very cost-effective.

Have also converted a few DVD's to 100mb AVI files and put them in phone, to have something to watch when waiting at airports ect.

How does that work? Sounds interesting? I had no idea you could watch video on it.

I've been very happy with mine since I bought it. I like the FM radio feature quite a lot. Was listening to FM quite a bit until the iPod Nano came along and I been using that for music exclusively since.

Thanks also for the tip on upgrading the software.

Edited by GoodHeart

Have also converted a few DVD's to 100mb AVI files and put them in phone, to have something to watch when waiting at airports ect.

How does that work? Sounds interesting? I had no idea you could watch video on it.

I've been very happy with mine since I bought it. I like the FM radio feature quite a lot. Was listening to FM quite a bit until the iPod Nano came along and I been using that for music exclusively since.

I use MPEGable X4 Live or DVD TO MOBILE Sony Ericsson Edition to make moveis fit to the Phone. And on the big internet you will find loads of movies allready made in mp4 or 3gp ready for download.

I use MPEGable X4 Live or DVD TO MOBILE Sony Ericsson Edition to make moveis fit to the Phone. And on the big internet you will find loads of movies allready made in mp4 or 3gp ready for download.

Thanks for the tip. Not sure I would want to watch movies on the phone, but it might just be worth doing for the 'wow factor' alone. Next question is, what are the apps. for Mac OS X that would facilitate this feat.

HI jorn-h your comment ( enjoy this phone, but if you buy it rember to to upgrade the software from sony ericsson to remove some bugs that was in the first models.) is a good tip, but ive checked out the Sony Ericsson web site and can't find this upgrade download, can you point me in the right direction...?

Thanks ..... Mumbo

HI jorn-h your comment ( enjoy this phone, but if you buy it rember to to upgrade the software from sony ericsson to remove some bugs that was in the first models.) is a good tip, but ive checked out the Sony Ericsson  web site and can't find this upgrade download, can you point me in the right direction...?

Thanks ..... Mumbo

You can download the lastest version of PC Suite and other software here Sony Ericsson Software Download.

To upgrade your software/firmware in phone you should have HI-speed internet , get the phoneguys at MBK, Pantip or somewhere else to do it for 250 bath.

To do it by self, have your usb cable ready and go here : Sony Ericsson Update Service ! . Read carfully what the information, and follow the instructions given.

Hope this answers your question :o

Just a tips on a good program that i use to send/recive sms from my computer with, update my phonebook and much more (And its free :D ) floAt's Mobile Agent - FMA

I got one and its great. I'm really impressed with the camera functions and picture quality.

One word of warning though. I did a firmware upgrade from the Sony Ericsson website. There was a problem with the upgrade and the camera wouldn't work. Apparently this was a problem with the latest firmware version.

I took it to the dealer who said they would have to send it to Bkk to flash the firmware. It would be about 2 weeks. Nevermind that flashinig the firmware takes about 10 minutes.

I didn't want to be without my new phone for that long so searched around on the internet and found a 3rd party program that i could use to flash my phone back to the previous firmware version. Worked but cost me 10 euros :o

Anyway, becareful when upgrading your firmware.

Thanks Guy's for the info, I did read that the first phones may have had a screen freezing up problem...? can you tell from the serial number / packing box if the phone you are buying is one of the first models with this freezing problem...? or would downloading the PC suite put right any possibility of the freezing up problem...?

... Thanks .......... Mumbo