Ceasefire Agreed After Thai And Cambodian Military Commanders Meet : Source

webfact

It will only work when the PAD and alike are being kept out. Lots of work to do internally I think.

Did anyone notice picture 2 generals toasting each other with champagne. This is a bloody champagne. Are they toasting to the 14 dead people?

This is what you die for in the Thai or Cambodia army?

Agree - at stupid tasteless toast to ignorance. mad.gif

It will only work when the PAD and alike are being kept out. Lots of work to do internally I think.

Did anyone notice picture 2 generals toasting each other with champagne. This is a bloody champagne. Are they toasting to the 14 dead people?

Yep. i heard it specially flown in from a undisclosed location.

I imagine from the Cambodian side - one of the many benefits of being colonised.

Hmm, there is that. But, champagne aside, being colonised has done precious-little good for Cambodia. Yep, I realise your remark was humorous but I often wondered what Thailand would be like now if it had fallen-prey to the British or the French. Better in many ways, I'm sure, but...

Yes made me feel sick.Its one thing to die in battle but another to die to satisfy the ego's of those higher up. No doubt the army will give the famuiles a miserable payout and pronounce they died defending their country...disgusting.

God willing the ceasefire will hold. Let's hope the PAD Nazis can keep their mouths shut and let 15 families in Thailand and Cambodia mourn the 15 dead kids that died in a competely unnecessary spat caused by the Thai ruling elite in a desperate attempt to stop Peua Thai winning the upcoming election by playing a blatant nationalist card.

Hmm, there is that. But, champagne aside, being colonised has done precious-little good for Cambodia. Yep, I realise your remark was humorous but I often wondered what Thailand would be like now if it had fallen-prey to the British or the French. Better in many ways, I'm sure, but...

Oh my goodness :rolleyes:, you could start a whole new thread on that.

I must admit I feel slightly queasy seeing the generals sipping champagne when there are dead on both sides and I'm not even certain they have all had their funerals yet. At this stage a handshake would surely have sufficed.

It appears to be merely a toast that is symbolic of good will. My opinion is that you spun the context in an effort to draw attention to yourself as a person of superior morality. :bah:

It looks like an old picture, and thus has nothing to do with the present situation

Good post you both hit the spot. I do feel Sad for 14 dead. It is a Bloody champagne alright. I love the Army no matter where but, this is not a great Cause to Die...I feel for the families, friends and relatives. What can they do for serving the country, remember they Army will always send solders to die, injure and alive with honor. Take a pick.?? My take and an opinion.