And The Election Campaigning Has Begun

mrcycling

The Puea Thai are setting up a big stage in the municipal stadium, with a substantial PA system. Gonna be a noisy weekend for the folks who live in the Chang Puek area.

PT signs promising a free tablet pc for every child and free wifi have shown up as well.

Looks to be an active campaign season in the coming month(s).

What kind of tablet PC? I wouldn't mind one.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is an election promise right? That's quite a step forward then, it seems Thailand is moving on from handing out stuff to buy votes to the Western way of just making promises.

That's a good thing, I guess, though I wouldn't have minded getting a nice iPad.. :ermm: eh, for my daughter.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

No info on the posters ... but it is interesting that the promises for tablet pcs and free wifi are written in English on the signs, whereas the rest of their offers are in Thai. Looks like they are hoping for some international appeal/coverage.

They're going to hand out these tablet PCs at the rally today? No wonder I hear all the Thai neighbors talking about the big shindig at the sanaam gila.

No

It is a poorly thought out campaign promise if elected. Thaksin tried the same thing 6 years ago with notebooks worth 4k.

a 3000 baht Chinese or Indian knock off ---- and you have to be in grades p1-p6 to qualify

We'll see; even cheaper Chinese tablets are improving, and tend to come with Android which is improving rapidly as well.

Anyway my daughter will be in P1 next Monday so we actually qualify!

(The hard part will be to convince my wife to vote Puea Thai.)

They're going to hand out these tablet PCs at the rally today? No wonder I hear all the Thai neighbors talking about the big shindig at the sanaam gila.

No

It is a poorly thought out campaign promise if elected. Thaksin tried the same thing 6 years ago with notebooks worth 4k.

Not to mention the free computer for every school including those with grass roofs no walls and no electric!

a 3000 baht Chinese or Indian knock off ---- and you have to be in grades p1-p6 to qualify

We'll see; even cheaper Chinese tablets are improving, and tend to come with Android which is improving rapidly as well.

LOL ... think the proposal through:) (when your 6 y/o loses or destroys the "tablet" you may be the one responsible for replacing it! :)

LOL ... think the proposal through:) (when your 6 y/o loses or destroys the "tablet" you may be the one responsible for replacing it! :)

I'd rather replace a 3000 baht Chinese Android clone than an iPad. ;) (Anyway she's so far managed to not break my iPhone and her iPod Touch, which is encouraging. She's become quite an expert on these devices too.)