Worst Business Idea In Thailand

PoorSucker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any business that opens above those beer bars, just before Walking Street, in Pattaya. Many have tried (go-gos, restaurants, a pharmacy, small shops etc) and all have failed. I think that last business there is a ladyboy focused beer bar.

That second floor is one of the fastest ways to loose money in Pattaya.

TheWalkingMan

Koyo7 ?

I didn't know you were a patron!

Seriously, the worst business idea has to be: Hooters

:lol: :lol:

Never a patron, but I did go upstairs to take a look at the place. I never knew the name of the place. How come you know it? :whistling:

Comment about similar businesses.

I spoke with this Thai chick about why are there some many of the same shops in one area. She said that when Thai people see a business that they think is making money, they think good idea I want one too.

TheWalkingMan

Retractable crow bars which can fold and fit nice and neatly into a womans hand bag.

which she can then take out and use to crow bar her farang of is favorite seat in is favorite bar

which some seem to have been there far to long now and some are even covered in dust smile.gif

Good one, PoorSucker, but I'll bet some person with take it seriously. :lol: :jap:

I'm serious, this closed shop exists on Koh Samui.

On the ring road, Chaweng.

Between Bangkok hospital and the PTT station.

i remember that sign and "business" well. seemed pretty ridiculous to me at the time but who knows, maybe they'll learn from that and start the next google or fb.

A Pawn Shop come Money Lender catering to the many potless Farang wasting away here in Isaan.

I am one of them farangs but im actually putting on weight me rolleyes.gif

Paid advice to guys who date or marry bar girls.. although those guys are so stupid they will probably pay for anything :D

And one more...

Just about any business opened in The Avenue Shopping Mall in Pattaya. That place is like a black hole with just a few places earning a crust. BTW, a food court opened on the backside of that place. Simple set-up, so maybe the owner will not have lost too much money when they shut down later.

On Thaivisa classified I just saw a restaurant advertised for sale at The Avenue... 2M baht and 78k baht per month. I think it is the place next to McD's which is currently a kebab place.

TheWalkingMan

Any business that opens above those beer bars, just before Walking Street, in Pattaya. Many have tried (go-gos, restaurants, a pharmacy, small shops etc) and all have failed. I think that last business there is a ladyboy focused beer bar.

That second floor is one of the fastest ways to loose money in Pattaya.

TheWalkingMan

Koyo7 ?

I didn't know you were a patron!

Seriously, the worst business idea has to be: Hooters

:lol: :lol:

Never a patron, but I did go upstairs to take a look at the place. I never knew the name of the place. How come you know it? :whistling:

Comment about similar businesses.

I spoke with this Thai chick about why are there some many of the same shops in one area. She said that when Thai people see a business that they think is making money, they think good idea I want one too.

TheWalkingMan

They have cute ladyboys there sometimes...

:lol:

Yes, similar businesses in the same area seem to be the norm in the LOS.

Maybe there is a way to profit from that?

1. Get my youth back

2. Find aging, balding, pot-bellied Thai lady on large, inflation-adjusted pension

3. Make her fall in love and marry me

4. She take care me

5. Keep young gik on the side, get her hired as house maid for convenient accessibility.