Worst Business Idea In Thailand

PoorSucker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that far fetched that there is a market for instant tans in Thailand. Not among many Thais of course as they are usually more interested in whitening. But westerners may want a tan look without risking skin cancer, as anywhere else, yes? I think a fake tan business could work in Thailand. Don't assume they went out of business only because of a lack of demand. More likely the usual reasons, poor capitalization, bad location, etc.

BTW, another plus for a tanning biz in Thailand is that very few would bother to COPY that idea, thinking it's a bad one. Unlike the fish massage joints. In Pattaya, they sprouted massively and now I am noticing most of them are desperate and literally begging for customers.

Edited by Jingthing

It's not that far fetched that there is a market for instant tans in Thailand. Not among many Thais of course as they are usually more interested in whitening. But westerners may want a tan look without risking skin cancer, as anywhere else, yes? I think a fake tan business could work in Thailand. Don't assume they went out of business only because of a lack of demand. More likely the usual reasons, poor capitalization, bad location, etc.

I'll put a brass razoo on them going out of business through lack of demand, Samui is not a place for a tanning studio

Anything to do with the sex industry, or illegal wheeling and dealing with lashings of corruption and shady deals will always be a winner, providing that no one murders you or puts you in jail before you`ve made your money.

Hardly anyone ever becomes rich by doing business strictly by the book, working hard, honest and above board.

In my case, I has always worked for other people and whoever heard of anyone getting rich by working for someone else?

Edited by Beetlejuice

bar selling English breakfast with a few girls and premeirship football, beuaty salon, laundary business, bar no girls, best i saw was in Samui a betting shop. French guy said he was paying off right people, as it happened he was not, it then became a fish and chip shop another for the list, business selling English style sausages and bacon, lets not forget the pies. internet shop, rent out motor bikes, bar no girls football but stays open 24 hours. small hotel 6-10 rooms, guests welcome!!!!

all sure fire winners, i am prepared to offer franchise to all of the above :rolleyes:

i Have been known to put on a bit of false tan before I go on holiday. But would never get it done once I am on holiday, that's what the sun and beach are there for.

But that shop may have made a bit of money in March when you had the flooding on Samui. They could have had the Westerners queuing up for a tan to show off when they got home!!

A Vegas style marriage chapel (drive thru) included, always seemed like a poor business for Thailand. Might have a chance if fast food was included.

Had the same idea, but it was to put it as more of a 'fun' thing to do without legal repercussions in the tourist areas. The tourists already want to pretend like they are 'picking up'... may as well go the distance (pretending to anyway).

:)