Very Cool Paragliders Near Nai Harn Beach

stevehaigh

i was just watching the paragliders on the hill just south of Nai Harn. very cool display, definitely worth a trip to see in the p.m. if you are in the area. its just under the big electric generating windmills (which looks kind of dangerous by the way!)

You should see when they launch off the top of the mountain, way above the Purvarna resort (ex meridien) and land on the beach.

You can spot the cleared mountain top from the windmill.

Watched a lady land a couple weekends ago and her sail landed right on top of an older German couple sitting in the chairs.

Wap! Came down right on them and their umbrella.

They came climbing out from under a little surprised, but not hurt. They were pretty good natured about it and had a laugh with the lady who was very apologetic.

There are old pilots (like myself turned 58 today) and there are bold pilots. Not too many old and bold pilots. By the way wind mills grind grain while wind generators do something else. Kathukid please don't shoot me down as I fly various flying machines around Phuket. Usually flying the blue and white Zenair and usually out of reach of childrens slingshots :D

Edited by bunta71

is the nai han beach clean and recomendable for a swim?

Been some pretty good surf recently, how good of a swimmer are you? If not that strong continue on past Nai Harn to Ya Nui where it's more protected.

Winds have changed so you will see a little more stuff in the water than in high season. I always get a kick out of the posters who come during low season and complain about the trash in the water. Sorry but everything getting thrown in is coming back, stuff off the boats coming in, trash from far far away, blowing in.

i live here since 6 months and go only to the west Coast mainly Surin and swim to Bangtao next bay up and back i used to go Kata and when i first arrived to Karon.After a storm we had last month there was a huge tyre lying on the beach at Surin in between plastic sandals etc.

Hey, what about those motor powered thingos.. Prop on the back etc. The cruse alone Ao Chalong.. shallow water area alot. Too much noise . I would if my hi powered slig shot will get'em?

We had a few of those in Khao Lak today. I enjoyed watching it from the roof, but it wouldn't be good if this thing would be going on every day in the high season, the noise would disturb other people.