Regulations For Dog Vaccinations

I posted this as a reply in the pinned "Importing A Pet Into Thailand" thread a while ago, but haven't received a response. Figured I'd post a new one. Someone gave a very detailed description of "what and when" as far as vaccinations, but the information is contradictory to what I've been reading. I really need to clear this all up, since I'll be flying myself and my dog into Thailand in a few months.

This is what I've read on the Department of Livestock Development's website:

(From http://www.dld.go.th...ish/movec1.html)

3) The country has been free from Rabies for at least the past 12 (twelve) months OR the animals are vaccinated against Rabies with an official approved vaccine not less than 21 (twenty- one) days prior to the departure.

4) EITHER a) The dog is vaccinated against Leptospirosis at least 21(twenty-one) days preceding departure. OR b ) The dog is subjected to a test for Leptospirosis with negative result during the 30 (thirty) days prior to the departure.

5) The animals shall be vaccinated against other significant infectious or contagious diseases i.e. Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus, with an official approved vaccine at least 21 (twenty-one) days prior to the departure.

So this is saying the Rabies vaccine must be given at least 21 days prior to departure (not WITHIN 21 days) and that the Leptospirosis vaccine must be given at least 21 days prior to departure (not within 21 days). That's the opposite of what was written in the "Importing A Pet Into Thailand" thread. Can someone please tell me what the regulations are? Is the info from the Department of Livestock Development accurate?

Thanks

A vaccination at least 21 days prior to departure makes sense as it has time to take effect. If given a shot just before leaving the dog could still be contagious.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Another poster was pretty specific that it was required WITHIN 21 days of departure, which didn't make sense to me.