I am a foreigner and visit Thailand twice in two years. I want to start export business from Thailand to countries like Bangladesh. Export by any foreigner needs any export/import license from the Thai govt or Tax authorities? Or i can buy my products from the market and export them to the destination.

Any have the information about the regulations about exports by foreigner, pl help me out.

thanx

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am beginning an export business as well. I live in the N.E. with my Thai wife. I suggest you contact the Department of Export Promotion. They have offices in several provinces and world wide. If there is anything I can do to help please contact me.

egistering a company in Thailand solely for the purpose of exporting to other countries allows foreigners to own 100% shares in the company. However, you will need 3 shareholders to register the company (yourself included).

You may choose to re-package products at your own discretion so long as there are no substantive alterations or changes made to the actual products being shipped. Bear in mind that since it is a Thai registered company, Thailand taxation laws apply with an exemption of the sales tax (7%) for export companies. As long as you can show the bill of lading and other proof of export documents to the Revenue Department, you need not charge your clients with the VAT but you will still have to file VAT to the Revenue Department (even if it is at 0%).

You will need an Import Export License (also called a Customs Card) which is valid for three years. The Gold smart card is for importers and exporters; the Licensed Custom Brokers get a Silver card, the Yellow smart card is for the owner or manager; the attorney-in-fact gets a green card and the customs clearance card is pink. A natural person is required to submit valid ID to Customs during the clearance procedures: a Thai ID for Thais or a passport for non-Thai residents.

Sunbelt Asia has experience in registering this type of company for you. Feel free to visit our website www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com to learn more or contact us to discuss the matter in detail.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]