Moving To Sukhothai From Chiang Mai

robson

I'm moving to Sukhothai and have no clue about the place. I don't need to know the history or the sights, but I'd be very grateful if any one has any information about places to eat, drink or anything else that could

suit a falangs needs.

There really is too many things to mention, the best advice I can give you is try the search function on the top of this page for each individual enquiry you have. These topics have been covered lots of times in this forum and you will get lots of info for your research. Welcome to Chiang Mai and Im sure you'll love it here.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Robson,

You might try a search on TV's "Central Thailand" forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/58-central-thailand-forum/

We searched on "Sukhothai" on that forum: found 37 "results."

Or, here's an "Advanced Search" on Google: limited to English language, limited to Thailand, and, specifically, of course, limited to www.thaivisa.com: Google search on ThaiVisa on Sukhothai

best wishes in your transition to Sukhothai: you can always come back home to Mae Ping :)

~o:37;

Thanks PM,

I think my message may have come across wrong. What i am is asking is i was offered a job in downtown Sukhothai working at a school as an English teacher.

I spent two days their being shown round the city, but what i want to know is on the evening i found myself going round in tuk tuks looking for a nice friendly bar to have a drink, but i was taken mostly to dodgy Thai bars so my question is can you recommend any bars without the hassle ??

Robson

Thanks PM,

I think my message may have come across wrong. What i am is asking is i was offered a job in downtown Sukhothai working at a school as an English teacher.

I spent two days their being shown round the city, but what i want to know is on the evening i found myself going round in tuk tuks looking for a nice friendly bar to have a drink, but i was taken mostly to dodgy Thai bars so my question is can you recommend any bars without the hassle ??

Robson

Yes I can. There are not many farang bars in Sukhothai. In the New Town, the one place where the farangs go (Thais also) is Chopper Bar which is just before the bridge. You can't really miss it and all the big bikes outside on the right. I am sure that you will end up in this bar whatever, if you are someone who likes the odd drink and a lively atmosphere. The food (Thai and Western) is good too. One thing is they were closed for a bit of a refit recently for a month or so but I believe they are now open again. They may have been closed on your visit - depending when it was. I reccommend it.

In the Old Town it is more eatery style establishments which certainly cater for the westerner but they all close early and don't have the same atmosphere. Will you be staying in the old town or new town?