Thailand Tourists Demand Measures To Tackle Illegal Tour Operators And Taxi Drivers

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why should they learn english? this is Thailand for god's sake. How hard is it for a tourist to have the name of their hotel or wherever written down in thai for the taxi driver?

Not too hard. But English is part of the Thai school curriculum, so maybe they should try to learn a little. However, I don't believe anything will improve in any area affecting tourism this century. As stated earlier, it would require some effort.

why should they learn english? this is Thailand for god's sake. How hard is it for a tourist to have the name of their hotel or wherever written down in thai for the taxi driver?

If you think every taxi driver is literate in Thai you are sadly mistaken.

Very Interesting post, because most taxi drivers in UK, I came across were Indian or Pakistan, certainly not Asian or Anglo Saxon

You say, you taught your drivers to think or customers will not come back, but correct me if i am wrong,this is not a shop but a taxi, you catch one when you need one.

Yes, the drivers in the UK are Indian or Pakistani, NOT Asian. :blink:

When the government sets the standard of saying it's okay to rip off tourists (the two tier system), it's hard to put all the blame on the other scams.

I wonder if you'd need a Phd to come up with the results of that survey. Seems evident to anyone who is not in a coma.

Couple of other areas that need attention: How about following most of the rest of the world and give pedestrians the right of way? Many is the time I've cringed seeing some tourist crossing a Thai road assuming the vehicle will stop...

And the impossible dream: clean up corruption in the police

Not in our lifetime dude..

:whistling:

When the government sets the standard of saying it's okay to rip off tourists (the two tier system), it's hard to put all the blame on the other scams.

I wonder if you'd need a Phd to come up with the results of that survey. Seems evident to anyone who is not in a coma.

Couple of other areas that need attention: How about following most of the rest of the world and give pedestrians the right of way? Many is the time I've cringed seeing some tourist crossing a Thai road assuming the vehicle will stop...

And the impossible dream: clean up corruption in the police

A few weeks ago my young niece and her fiancée came to stay with me. I was quite surprised by their knowledge of the Thailand's scams. Neither had been here before. They knew about the jetskies, the jewel rip offs, taxi drivers etc. They had done some homework and the cautionary advice was there on the net for them to see. If all travel agents gave advise to their clients visiting Thailand to check on the net, and if they heeded this advice then the problem perhaps, be largely solved. Can't do anything about the double charging in National Parks though.