Boy Blues Bar

Ulysses G.

I haven't been to his bar but I've seen Boy & his band play many times over the years. Boy's a very talented musician and performer (not necessarily the same thing), not to mention a super nice guy. If you like straight up blues, his place is definitely worth checking out.

I've been a couple of times. Small bar, nice and friendly atmosphere, drinks are cheap, Boy - always the pleasant and friendly host. Both times I went Boy wasn't playing but other (acoustic) bands were playing. If you really want to hear Boy rock I think it would be best to see him perform somewhere larger like his uncle's place the Brasserie.

@thaimiller, Boy speaks very good English I think. Have you sat down with him for a chat?

Great place! And sometimes Chai (from the old Chai Blues) swings by to play. Cheap drinks, not too much seating as it's on a tiny property, but a great casual place to stop by for some genuine blues. Le Spice is a decent Indian restaurant too!

The bar is basically in a roofed alley a couple of doors up from Le Spice. It is a little gem of a bar and with even a few people it has excellent atmosphere especially with the blues vibe going on. It is a very friendly and welcoming place.

Boy is extremely talented who rather incongruously plays blues with the most enormous smile on his face :D I have also been lucky enough to be having a drink when he played together with Chai, it was superb.

If you like good music, especially the blues it is definitely worth a visit.