What Do You Guys Do

Semper

Go to the gym, read a book, go shopping.

Rainy season my favorite...all the snowbirds and tourists leave.

Nice and quiet in CM. :clap2:

When it' pouring down? :rolleyes: BTW. I like the non tourist season as well. :)

Edited by Semper

When it is raining in Chiang Mai in the evening, and I want a little company, I usually get on my cel phone and ask my lovely lady to jump in a taxi and come over to my hotel. I pay for the taxi. She has the choice of what we do for the evening... or all night. Quite simple. Or, I write on my computer. Or, I just take out the paints and brushes and do a little work. There is never enough hours in the day to fo everything I want to get done.

Surely if you are party animal at this time of the year,and the rain is affecting your life so much,then you find a bar you like at 5 minutes to 4!!!!!

Or get to to town on 4 wheels(or even even 3)

Btw its strange how many people love the rainy season as its quiet!!! Less Farang etc,God i'd hate to be over 40/50 or whatever age you guys are who moan constantly about too many tourists.The only conclusion i can give to that,is that you must drink in ermmm certain establishments where you get more competition during 'Farang' season..Dont get me wrong,i dont miss the backpackers in wife beater vests carrying a small chang around the moat(and i live here and still reasonably youngish-mid 30's,but hey i am still in somebodys elses country,so i dont preach/bitch.

May is the best in CNX. I love the rain. I was in Tempe, Arizona last night on Mill Ave., which is the equivalent of Niman--large 40,000 + Uni students. I would take a rainy CNX any day of the week---Not a big fan of government paperwork, though.

Edited by Rooo
Racist comment removed.

Btw its strange how many people love the rainy season as its quiet!!! Less Farang etc,God i'd hate to be over 40/50 or whatever age you guys are who moan constantly about too many tourists.The only conclusion i can give to that,is that you must drink in ermmm certain establishments where you get more competition during 'Farang' season..

It's strange that they would even notice. Tourists go to an absolutely tiny speck of town near the Night Bazar and parts of the old town near-ish to Thapae gate, and nowhere else. You'd have to make an effort to go there to see even ONE tourist.

I really don't get it. (I don't get it either way of course: I don't get the moaning about 'tourism being down' and I also don't get the moaning about 'too many tourists'. It seems whatever is currently happening in the universe at any given time, people will moan about it on this forum. Puzzling.

Surely if you are party animal at this time of the year,and the rain is affecting your life so much,then you find a bar you like at 5 minutes to 4!!!!!

Or get to to town on 4 wheels(or even even 3)

Btw its strange how many people love the rainy season as its quiet!!! Less Farang etc,God i'd hate to be over 40/50 or whatever age you guys are who moan constantly about too many tourists.The only conclusion i can give to that,is that you must drink in ermmm certain establishments where you get more competition during 'Farang' season..Dont get me wrong,i dont miss the backpackers in wife beater vests carrying a small chang around the moat(and i live here and still reasonably youngish-mid 30's,but hey i am still in somebodys elses country,so i dont preach/bitch.

wasted on the young...

Not everybody drinks during the day and some of us old men can relax without a drink or a young lady around.

I spend part of my days between the rain on keeping the grass down or out riding my bike or during the rain I am on my computer or reading.

Not just the "old men" Although, i'm still not sure what I'll be doing, on not "moaning" about when I hit my "youngish mid-thirties"

Not everybody drinks during the day and some of us old men can relax without a drink or a young lady around.

I spend part of my days between the rain on keeping the grass down or out riding my bike or during the rain I am on my computer or reading.