Pvc Doors

Spoonman

Okies, pissed up the other night I put my hand through the plastic door on the dunny (thought it was open and gave it a push), anywho its knackered, infact it was that thin and brittle Iam surprised it had not already fallen apart.

the size is 690mm X 1970mm, problem is Ive been to homepro to purchase a replacement and they only sell em in 700mm x 2000mm.

Any idea on where to buy one in this smaller size ?

Can they be cut down ?

Are you trying to replace just the door? Or the whole frame including the door? It might be challenging to find some place that will sell just the glass door (or you said plastic... hmmm). Anyway... if you do need to replace the whole frame, just buy what you want and the installer will work it out.

OK. Well, you are giving dimensions that sound like the same thing to me. ie: you are perhaps just measuring the door, while the HomePro measurement would be for the OD - ie: the frame. So, maybe ask HomePro if they sell just the door. (?) Or, better - go around to the small shops that look like they sell that kind of door and ask what they can do. Again, I'm thinking you might need to replace the whole shabang.

I measured the OD of my door and the ones at Homepro with the same tape measure.

Installing a whole new door and Jamb is not an option as they would need to remove part of the brick/concrete wall.

And yes HomePro sell "just the door".......................................................

Edited by Spoonman

OK. Let's see if somebody knows where to find then. Another idea would be to check some of the places on Sukhumvit or Central. BTW: chiseling/cutting out a slightly larger frame would not be that big a deal.

OK. Let's see if somebody knows where to find then. Another idea would be to check some of the places on Sukhumvit or Central. BTW: chiseling/cutting out a slightly larger frame would not be that big a deal.

Removing 5mm from either side and 30mm from the top would be a chore as the frame is hardwood.

Please advise of these places on suk road or central, is kinda why I started the thread, looking for alternate suppliers or can the PVC door be cut down............... .

Edited by Spoonman

You should be able to take some off the bottom & side& reattach the end piece into the door to get the dimensions. if it is similar to bathroom PVC doors. We had to modify several doors to fit in our old house.

You should be able to take some off the bottom & side& reattach the end piece into the door to get the dimensions. if it is similar to bathroom PVC doors. We had to modify several doors to fit in our old house.

Awesome, just what I was hoping to hear, yes bathroom (dunny) PVC door.

Are the sides hard to remove, I did actually look at Hompro but they appeared to be well bonded ?

You had a Modified Door then, not a Bog Standard Modell :rolleyes:

Yeah I kida figured that when i discovered homePro does not stock the size, but then they don't stock all lines of any particular item hence I will search a little more before chopping a door down to suit.

It seemed pretty easy for them to cut to door size & then re-glue(or silicone0 it in place. Fortunately it doesn't take a great deal of expertise to do so any worker that is used to doors should be able to do. If you are going to do it yourself just be careful getting the piece out in one piece. Some of the PVC style doors have ribs that need to be cut to get the end caps off.I redid our pump-house door that was off the old bathroom door .It was fairly easy.

Hoping I don't further mess up the post... just wanted to say that I somehow got it in my head that the OP was talking about sliding glass PVC door. So, now I realize the OP is talking about a "regular" door. Duh. So anyway... if you don't feel comfortable cutting down a PVC door, you might consider going with wood - which, with the proper tools, can easily be cut to size. But then, you would need to sand/stain to look good and maybe more work that you want to put in. (?) BTW: how the hell did you put your hand thru the PVC? Nevermind... rhetorical - I've been there too.