webfact

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exciting times will soon be upon us. :)

Mr. Thaksin's triumphant return may be quite an event. I look forward to that day, if only to watch some TVFers fall to the ground in an apoleptic state, frothing at the mouth and choking on their words. :lol:

I

After serving his jail term, and answering the rest of the charges against him.... he'll be in his 90's when he sees the streets again. Thankfully he is ineligible to hold elected office.

I will be very happy to see him back.

This government has done nothing for us. I think that corruption is the number 1 problem here from small time street vendors right up to Government officials and Army allowing drugs to come into my country. When they let them in, they get richer. The way to stop or at least begin to stop corruptin in Thailand is to give good salaries and so people can live good life. This way there will be less chance of corruptions. When my childrens come from University they can only get low paying jobs. If children can finish University and get a good job that give them enough money to live a decent life then it will help their journy in life to take the middle path and go away from direction of corruption.

I am 50 year Thai and think government must start with:

1. Education at International standards for ALL Thai. Not only rich. English language must be good.
  2. Good health care for ALL Thai people.
  3. Thailand MUST have good internet if we want to compete Internationally.
  4. Labor standards to be set so people can be to make good money for future
  5. Stop corruption in Thailand at the same time as raising salaries.
  6. Stop drugs here and even if people need to die. The drug dealers will know a law and if continue then they know have death penalty.
  7. Have better anf fast system set up to help victoms of disasters because it seems to happen more these days.
  8. Make peace with our neighbours even if it mean to give temple rights away in Cambodia and allow access for tourist.

I also have many foreign friend who complain about the visa rules etc so maybe if government can take the fee for visas and apply it direct to Education or war on drugs then the foreigner can feel good about where the visa money goes.

I know in the world all government have corruption but when Thaksin was our PM he did not hide it like many other governments. I can accept this. Maybe if Abhisit have more money and experience he could have done the good job but it is proved that he did not and he have his chance already.

Another one for timekeeper.

money will arrange everything and if some people think he did good thing ok, you need to remenber is never free is always for have feedback

and for me put bussiness man in gorverment is big mistake

but here if you give free and people don t need to work they are happy

they not think about probleme or profit people like that can do

This government has done nothing for us. I think that corruption is the number 1 problem here from small time street vendors right up to Government officials and Army allowing drugs to come into my country. When they let them in, they get richer. The way to stop or at least begin to stop corruptin in Thailand is to give good salaries and so people can live good life. This way there will be less chance of corruptions. When my childrens come from University they can only get low paying jobs. If children can finish University and get a good job that give them enough money to live a decent life then it will help their journy in life to take the middle path and go away from direction of corruption.

1. Education at International standards for ALL Thai. Not only rich. English language must be good.
  6. Stop drugs here and even if people need to die. The drug dealers will know a law and if continue then they know have death penalty.
  7. Have better anf fast system set up to help victoms of disasters because it seems to happen more these days.
  8. Make peace with our neighbours even if it mean to give temple rights away in Cambodia and allow access for tourist.

I also have many foreign friend who complain about the visa rules etc so maybe if government can take the fee for visas and apply it direct to Education or war on drugs then the foreigner can feel good about where the visa money goes.

I know in the world all government have corruption but when Thaksin was our PM he did not hide it like many other governments. I can accept this. Maybe if Abhisit have more money and experience he could have done the good job but it is proved that he did not and he have his chance already.

Welcome to Thai Visa and appreciate your calm and reasoned comments.

I am sure that there are many that agree with you.

Please continue to contribute.

From the OP k. Thaksin said

""I will definitely come back at the end of this year. Just when my plane touches down at Suvarnabhumi Airport,""

the courts can finally dust off those dossiers concerning all the cases which were awaiting my return :)

Based on his initial conviction, he also has 730 days of this awaiting his plane touching down at Suvarnabhumi Airport

thaksinreturns.png

As said...

DPM Suthep not worried about Thaksin's planned return to Thailand in Nov; says he will have to go to jail once he lands in Thailand /TAN_Network

It's good to see that 50-year-old Thais educated enough to have a perfect command of English are empassioned enough about Thai politics to conclusively put down their political thoughts on a first-ever Thavisa post along with a series of suggestions to fix Thailand's problems. Did you know that your bullet points are almost exactly Thaksin's own ideas, word for word? I can see why you would vote for him.

But, hang on, you're saying that corruption is bad, and then you're saying that Thaksin was nice and open about it. You want to get rid of corruption but want the most corrupt guy at the head of your country? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. You talk about drugs and corruption, referencing the army and government. But Thaksin oversaw this whole operation, and he didn't want to change it back then - he just wanted his share. Some might argue that he was kicked out because he wanted more than his share.

And I agree, drug dealers are the scum of the earth. They are all murderers, pimps and rapists and they all deserve to die; it's a myth that the network of drug dealing is full of victims of social circumstances. And those drug mules in particular should be subject to death by genital electrocution. But, hang on, the most recent investigation - you know, the one first shelved by Thaksin and then by the Samak administration - show that less than half of the people killed had any ties whatsoever with the drug industry. Would a collateral damage rate of 60%+ be acceptable to you in the next war on drugs?

You make a lot of interesting points in your post, much like the Quadrangled Prophet himself, but really no indication of how it's going to be executed.

Thank you for kind words on my English. I was fortunate.

I only said that every politition in world is corrupt and we all know this but with Thaksin he did not try and hide it like others have. I would prefer to know how I am being cheeted so I can dicide how to deal with it. In another countries with so called educated polititions they are fighting wars and they have no money in their budget but still interfear with other countries politics. These are governments that hide the corruption from the people. When we have Thaksin before he would tell us "Ok I am going to cheet you now and give you money for your vote" and we can make decision on this basis. He did not hide his corruption like the now government by blocking TV stations, radios and news.

With his war on drugs there is no Thai person who enjoy to see some people die if they do not deserve it but it is a war that is needed and maybe he learn from his past mistake. If you touch the fire you will not touch again. Yes when he investigate he tell the truth about many people who die were innocent. Another government would hide this fact. If you ask me about will 60%+ be acceptable in next war I can only say that I never want to see any percent of the innocent Thai people die but unfortunatly yes always have inncocent casualties in any war. If I have to die to save my childrens and my grandchildrens future to not have the drugs I cann accept that.

Another person here say that Thailand is the biggest producer of ganja in the world but he is very wrong. It grows more in Columbia and another countries I think and we never have the problem with people that have the ganja. It is a modern day drug problem with the drugs that make children crazy like a mefanfetime .... I think you know the word and the yaba and ice and these very bad drugs.

Only my opinion that all Thai want good government and not corruption but I think we cannot ever have a no corruption government because noone have anywhere. But what choice do we have for vote a new government? If have good choice maybe can change but here not ike another countries. We have few choices here and Thaksin have money and experience and maybe can change things because other country like Cambodia he know and can help this situation and he repect from another countries like Middle East that we need the business from. He is a very good business man and when he was my priminister he can have the business with many countries because they respect him. They dont care he corrupt or not. They only care he good for business or not.

< Comments removed. >

Edited by metisdead
Not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

When is this self-absorbed, egotistical excuse for a human being finally going to shut up? Probably never. While the world is rolling on the floor in laughter over his ridiculous promises and deplorable overestimation of his own capabilities, he has managed to mesmerize a large part of the naive population with his fairy tales of soon-to-be-achieved riches and eternal bliss under his shining star. His party (stress on HIS!) may well win, because the electorate is unable or unwilling to see through his charade. But when he claims that all of Thailand's problems will be solved in an instance once he returns as the self-styled messiah that he seems to believe he is, he is fundamentally wrong. Everybody with an iota of common sense must recognize that his return will only escalate the hatred and discontent in society, perhaps even lead to more bloodshed. Good luck, Thailand. Common sense was never your strength.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Mr. Thaksin's triumphant return may be quite an event. I look forward to that day, if only to watch some TVFers fall to the ground in an apoleptic state, frothing at the mouth and choking on their words. :lol:

I

There is something childish, a little disturbing, and a great deal disgusting about someone who laughs at the prospect of Thaksin's return, with all the troubles, and no doubt deaths, that it will bring, merely so they can "watch" the reaction of a bunch of people who they have never met. "Ha ha, I can't wait for the exciting time when Thaksin comes back and the body count mounts. Ho ho, think of the looks on the faces of those people I can't see and don't know when he comes back, mobilises his thugs and burns down the rest of Bangkok". It speaks volumes about the nasty character of the statement maker.

I

After serving his jail term, and answering the rest of the charges against him.... he'll be in his 90's when he sees the streets again. Thankfully he is ineligible to hold elected office.

As I understand it,and happy to be corrected, as Thaksin has been convicted of a crime and hasn't served time there is only one person who can pardon him and that won't happen.The judicial system doesn't change even if there is a change of Government

There has never been a serious attempt,by the current Government, to bring him back as he is far less trouble outside the country than within it

"The way to stop or at least begin to stop corruptin in Thailand is to give good salaries and so people can live good life. This way there will be less chance of corruptions."

Having money doesn't stop corruption. It actually helps corruption since people have more money to pay for it.

The only way to stop corruption is education and prosecution.

I don't have enough time to comment on the rest of your points - some are good, but some are ridiculous.

It's good to see that 50-year-old Thais educated enough to have a perfect command of English are empassioned enough about Thai politics to conclusively put down their political thoughts on a first-ever Thavisa post along with a series of suggestions to fix Thailand's problems. Did you know that your bullet points are almost exactly Thaksin's own ideas, word for word? I can see why you would vote for him.

But, hang on, you're saying that corruption is bad, and then you're saying that Thaksin was nice and open about it. You want to get rid of corruption but want the most corrupt guy at the head of your country? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. You talk about drugs and corruption, referencing the army and government. But Thaksin oversaw this whole operation, and he didn't want to change it back then - he just wanted his share. Some might argue that he was kicked out because he wanted more than his share.

And I agree, drug dealers are the scum of the earth. They are all murderers, pimps and rapists and they all deserve to die; it's a myth that the network of drug dealing is full of victims of social circumstances. And those drug mules in particular should be subject to death by genital electrocution. But, hang on, the most recent investigation - you know, the one first shelved by Thaksin and then by the Samak administration - show that less than half of the people killed had any ties whatsoever with the drug industry. Would a collateral damage rate of 60%+ be acceptable to you in the next war on drugs?

You make a lot of interesting points in your post, much like the Quadrangled Prophet himself, but really no indication of how it's going to be executed.

I only said that every politition in world is corrupt and we all know this but with Thaksin he did not try and hide it like others have. I would prefer to know how I am being cheeted so I can dicide how to deal with it. In another countries with so called educated polititions they are fighting wars and they have no money in their budget but still interfear with other countries politics. These are governments that hide the corruption from the people. When we have Thaksin before he would tell us "Ok I am going to cheet you now and give you money for your vote" and we can make decision on this basis. He did not hide his corruption like the now government by blocking TV stations, radios and news.

With his war on drugs there is no Thai person who enjoy to see some people die if they do not deserve it but it is a war that is needed and maybe he learn from his past mistake. If you touch the fire you will not touch again. Yes when he investigate he tell the truth about many people who die were innocent. Another government would hide this fact. If you ask me about will 60%+ be acceptable in next war I can only say that I never want to see any percent of the innocent Thai people die but unfortunatly yes always have inncocent casualties in any war. If I have to die to save my childrens and my grandchildrens future to not have the drugs I cann accept that.

Another person here say that Thailand is the biggest producer of ganja in the world but he is very wrong. It grows more in Columbia and another countries I think and we never have the problem with people that have the ganja. It is a modern day drug problem with the drugs that make children crazy like a mefanfetime .... I think you know the word and the yaba and ice and these very bad drugs.

Only my opinion that all Thai want good government and not corruption but I think we cannot ever have a no corruption government because noone have anywhere. But what choice do we have for vote a new government? If have good choice maybe can change but here not ike another countries. We have few choices here and Thaksin have money and experience and maybe can change things because other country like Cambodia he know and can help this situation and he repect from another countries like Middle East that we need the business from. He is a very good business man and when he was my priminister he can have the business with many countries because they respect him. They dont care he corrupt or not. They only care he good for business or not.

Thai law that kick him out was also corrupt so he could not have fare in the court to tell his stories.

:)

Thaksin never admitted to innocents dying at the hands of his death squads in the "war on drugs". He blamed the inncent deaths on the drug dealers ... but strangely those people were on the lists compiled by the government.

Thaksin could have been here for his trials, he chose not to be ... simply because both the criminal case and the civil cases have been clear cut "black letter law." If he were at all concerned about telling his "stories" he should have been in court. He was represented but chose the cowards way out by running away. His lawyers getting caught in the "bakery scandal" certainly didn't help either. I'll refer you to the appeal attempt for the asset forfeiture case. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/08/14/unanimous-rejection-of-thaksin-asset-seizure-appeal/ or the ruling on that case -- where it details his corruption.

As for Cambodia ...... do you think that his friend Hun Sen, might be pushing the fighting to help Thaksin?

How do you feel about Thaksin choosing citizenship in another country? This choice clearly disqualifies him from holding political office in Thailand in the future.

There is news for Suthep. Prayuth and Abhisit too. They will go to jail too for mass murder on innocent demonstrators. Suthep is very very afraid that PT wins a overwhelming majority. A second war on drugs is not a happy thought either for many many people in the government and military who use their complete salary right now to buy petrol for their far too big cars.

You prefer Thaksin because he is open about his corruption???? Did you ever wonder what corruption he was not showing? Thaksin is a criminal and always will be.

"I will definitely come back at the end of this year. Just when my plane touches down at Suvarnabhumi Airport, drug traders will stop trading"

Yeah sure , as those western countries never tried to eradicate drugs ..... Does he think he is the new Messiah ? :lol:

I

As I understand it,and happy to be corrected, as Thaksin has been convicted of a crime and hasn't served time there is only one person who can pardon him and that won't happen.The judicial system doesn't change even if there is a change of Government

There has never been a serious attempt,by the current Government, to bring him back as he is far less trouble outside the country than within it

He cannot be pardoned ... there are specific actions one must take to be pardoned and he doesn't qualify. The change of government, however, could provide a way to whitewash all his sins ... an amnesty is one of his options, another would be to take all the laws he is guilty of breaking off the books .. but that one is a harder thing to accomplish. It is unclear if an amnesty could be written that would circumvent some of the constitution that now precludes him from ever holding political office again.

There is news for Suthep. Prayuth and Abhisit too. They will go to jail too for mass murder on innocent demonstrators. Suthep is very very afraid that PT wins a overwhelming majority. A second war on drugs is not a happy thought either for many many people in the government and military who use their complete salary right now to buy petrol for their far too big cars.

There is little chance EVER of Suthep, Prayuth, or Abhisit going to jail over the deaths in 2010 when it is clear that many of those deaths were caused by armed red shirts and their even more militant "black shirt" wing.

To give an idea of my persepctive: I have been married to a Thai for 10 years. She is from Isaan, a very poor village. I live and work in Bangkok, and receive a salary comapred to a western salary. On this salary, I am very comfortable and compared to most of the country, I would be consdiered "rich". I am not an authority on anything, but I do know a LITTLE bit about what I am talking about.

Your suggestion that raising salaries would reduce corruption is a laudable one, however I believe it is somewhat naive. Moreover, raising everyones salary (from the Isaan guy working on a building site, to the 7-11 girl, to the uni-grad) will raise the base price of living, and everything will go up with. Many international companies choose to operate in Thailand because the country has sufficient infastructure to be effective, and low enough labour costs to be economical.

I have spent plenty of time in Isaan, where the allegedly disenfranchised poor come from. The sit around, all day, doing nothing, wiating for a handout...... bums, the lot of them. They have ample oportunity to work, but choose not too, deciding instead to complain and moan about the rich people in Bangkok. Yes, there are lots of rich people in bangkok - but there are lots of rich people in London, Paris, and New York too. I have quite a good job, and make good money...... because I had a good education...... because my parents worked hard to give it to me (they are not uni-grads)...... and their parents worked hard to put them through school so they could get decent jobs...... and their parents fought in World War II and / or emigrated leaving their family and friends behind so they could better provide for their off spring. Moreover, the education and social systmes in my home country exsit because of the taxes paid by my productive fmaily, not from the wasters that windge and bitch...... so, because of the efforts of 3 or 4 generations, I have now reached a point where I could be called "sucessful" ...... no one "gave" it to me, it was earned - my sucess is te cumulative effort of my families efforts; but there are people out there that think I should now share my pie with others, who can't be bother to bake their own?

So, the so called "poor people" who will not get off their ass and work their way out of poverty need to start pulling their weight. From the fruit of hard labour there will be rewards. Our maid is a young lady from Isaan - we emplyed her because her english is quite good and she is quite intelligent, capable of following instructions...... this is because her mother (mother of 4, husband dead) has gone her entire life, doing without, and making sure her kid finsihed school..... unlike most of the families who work so they can buy another motorbike that will get crashed when the husband / son gets out of his mind on some cheap crappy loas whiskey. So, the girl is a "maid", so no big achievement there right? WRONG - she is earning money instead of complaining about having none.

I honestly believe there is quite a fair share of equity in Thailand - sure there are people with ill-gotten gains..... but it is naive to think that it doesn't go on in every country in the world - just some are better at hiding it.

I am coming from a country where guys with basic trade skills earn as much as universtiy graduates. There is no equity in that. Office workers here in Bangkok earn a lot more money that the national average. Enough to have a nice but modest home, a reliable car, an occasional holiday, etc..... in otherwords, a normal life on par with every other developed country in the World. They are not wealthy, but unless they work hard on top of their qualifications, then why whould they be.. Simply having a degree is not, and should not be a pass to wealth - yes it opens the door, but the individual has to walk through it. Everyone cannot have a Fortuner or Accord..... much less a Merc. Everyone thinks that they are entitled to the better things in life, and no one wants to think of themselves as average ..... but until you prove yourself as above average, then why should you get paid more for it? So I say, continue to reward those who have worked hard and let nature take its course. My fmaily worked hard over several generations to help me get to where I am today - it is now my duty to continue that tradition, and if my child fails in life it will be my fault for not proving for them, not raising them correctly, etc...... no one elses.

This is why I admire the much loathed Isaan bar girls, and the dodgy taxi-bike drivers, and so on..... while people are ridiculing them, do they ever stop to think that these people are doing the best they can to get on in life - and for the most part they do...... So that their kids don't have to do the same thing......

Edited by MTS1978

DPM Suthep not worried about Thaksin's planned return to Thailand in Nov; says he will have to go to jail once he lands in Thailand /TAN_Network

Only shame is that at the time when and if Thaksin lands DPM Suthep will not be in function anymore.

I understand opinions and suppose that this might be a great place for farangs to express it. I do say that I am careful not to discuss Thai Politics it is not wise. Thailand is not our country we have no rights to verbalize our thoughts on this subject. Recall recently that Aussie bloke who was out at the Reds meetings I believe, and he was rightfully deported. No place for us to assemble or speak imho!jap.gif

It seems from the recent polls that more Thais than not would like him to come back. If he does he'll have the Democrat's incompetence to thank. They were handed the reigns and then rode in circles for 2 1/2 years.

Well said and mostly correct from my point of view. I do not agree that Abhisit had Time to show that he is or can be a good PM. WIth all this Demonstrations for Thaksin, against Cambodia and so on.

To stop corruption, education is naive just like to educate others not to steal. But thru' prosecution is more realistic. But question is, does the Thai's legal system clean enough? It seems not so when come to political cases. It practices double standard on certain political parties and bias on PTP. The court decisions seems like deeply affected by Thaksin's enemies.

Basically this country has not been practicing true democracy. Leader elected by the majority can be brought down by the minority opposition party's supporters. Result obtained from a fair GE (observed internationally) could be rejected by minority, supported by third power, linked to the judiciary & military. Even more, the military could decide who to take the authority, or to bring down openly leaders that they dislike. Abhisit became PM in this way! The court & troops treat Yellow Shirt in loving manner & to kill the Red Shirt like nobody business.

The troops control power of the country at the back and the court came together.

All the governments in this world are corrupted, frankly & smartly speaking. Thaksin might be the least corrupted (if he was corrupted).

At least he did not shoot the Yellow Shirts who did not respect Thai's law & democracy! At least Thai's economy growth in a better way than the current government, eventhough Thaksin looks less handsome than Abhisit.

Let democracy be alive again & to let the Thai elect their leader in a just & fair manner. May King aware of this & stop the troops, courts & current fake government from playing around with the forthcoming General Election.

Let the majority to decide.

Well said! You are making some very good points.

< Comments removed. >

I agree completely about yaba etc.. but as for the Ganja i said one of the top, not the top producers and this am afraid is a fact, along with one of the top exporters - You can research this online, Tony Thompson wrote a book Reefer Men. This is not a veiled attempt at Thai bashing as the UK, my home country, is one of the larget per capita consumers of Cocaine.

Wow, as a foreigner I'm really surprised but at once also proud of you as a Thai to say this words. I guess you follow your education abroad because you're so realistic and open in your words just like Westerners mostly are and what I almost never find with Thai. They always talk around the subject. Why? I really don't know and to be honest I don't want to know, because as said, your words makes my day!

I live now for 3 years in Thailand and since I came here I face a political instabile country. I asked myself many times, how does this happens, but I'm sure that I will waste my time because it's for sure a very long time already instabile in Thailand. But what I can see since I'm here is that not one politician or political party is governing from the heart and for the good welfare of Thailand. They are governing in their own welfare and don't care about Thailand and it's citizens at all. Whatever the outcome will be with the new coming elections, one of the parties will never accept the outcome. So what should be done? First step: send he old politicians home! These are not real politicians but since you belong to a rich and influence family you can always enter politics and fill your pocket. Step 2: make the House of Parliament "open" for the clever boys and girl from the new generation. Thailand's leaders of the future! Some of them are really clever in politics, but since they don't belong to a rich family they can forget it.

True, as a foreigner I also face every time the useless paperwork (and of course the money which is involved every 3 months with extension) for my visa. No problem when I know the money is used for the common welfare of it's citizens, but I'm afraid it will not pass the pockets from the politicians. It's really terrible and is one of the reasons I don't want to invest in Thailand, because I don't trust the present way of governing of the country. Now I invest and perhaps tomorrow I can loose my investment. Till now I prefer to invest in neighbor countries who are more "open" towards foreigners.

Of course my words are the way I think and many people think in an other way. That's good, a open society where people can talk what they think without insulting people. As said, I can think like this, but since the citizens of Thailand accept this kind of politicians I mentioned before, Thailand still have a long way to go. But I'm really happy to read the words from you as Thai... very open and good points to think about on the way to a real Land of Smile an not to a Land of Fake. Terrible, really terrible words, which I hear more and more on the streets. It says enough but it's still 5 minutes to 12, so Thai can change this atmosphere in Thailand on the way to a real and fully operating democracy.

Could it be that Khun Thaksin himself is posting?? he wouldnt, would he????????????

No, would be a stooge, unlikely to be Thai, posting material scripted by Thaksin machine

Hhhhmm, the most corrupt promising to clean up the corrupt. Doesn't sound like a solid plan to me...........If the head leader scoffs the law, he's only going to accomplish the task of teaching everyone that no one needs to respect Thai laws.

Thai thinking is "every politician is corrupt" so at least vote for the one that seems to benefits us more. Since there are more poor people than middle class and above, they have the voting power.

Ordinarily someone with big money could get bail and/ or buy their way out of many things, but Thaksin has very rich and powerful enemies, perhaps some of them run central world and other business that were forced to close or got looted/burned.