Capped Download Speeds Isaan

sammycic

Anyone else having their downloads both torrents and rapidshare capped at 300kbp/s o/nite and dropping to 100kbp/s in the afternoon with 3bb. I have 3bb 8MB and up to a couple of weeks ago was maxing out my connection any time of day.

Also anyone using TOT in isaan being throttled as i am thinking of changing.

thanks

I get 6mb (tested) everyday for 590bht. :)

That is in the ubon area with TOT?

If so do you download a lot of media.

3BB, Watch films, youtube vids etc with no problem. My chum has TOT supposedly 6mb but gets 2 mb ;). When his year is up he is switching to 3BB. But l suppose it's all down to the density of users in your location and the quality of the land line to deal with it.

My 3bb was absolutely brilliant up until a few weeks back and my downloads are now down to a crawl this afternoon. everything else if fine except just getting hammered with slow downloads. I am beginning to think had too much of a good thing and now they are just throttling me and my mate in the same moobahn.

My 3bb was absolutely brilliant up until a few weeks back and my downloads are now down to a crawl this afternoon. everything else if fine except just getting hammered with slow downloads. I am beginning to think had too much of a good thing and now they are just throttling me and my mate in the same moobahn.

Could be the density of users in your location. Just done a test for BKK and Singapore, both around 6mb. :)

Just did a speedtest.net Test:

This is in Ubon with 3bb on a purchase 8 mb download: Down: 4.12 (was as low as 1.89 in the last two hours Up: .57

And this is with Bangkok as the test site.

With a US host (Los Angeles, CA) it is 3.86 and .15

Don't think I am getting quite what I paid for!!!

This is in Ubon with 3bb on a purchase 8 mb download: Down: 4.12 (was as low as 1.89 in the last two hours Up: .57

Think you need talk to head office. Mine went down a few days ago and they sorted it, speaking English. Strange l get 6 mb every day. Upload varies though. On the test for upload it wizzes up to 1 mb for a while then drops to 127kb, and shows that as upload speed. On Picasa l can send a dozen photos via email that takes a few seconds. :)

Think you need talk to head office. Mine went down a few days ago and they sorted it, speaking English. Strange l get 6 mb every day. Upload varies though. On the test for upload it wizzes up to 1 mb for a while then drops to 127kb, and shows that as upload speed. On Picasa l can send a dozen photos via email that takes a few seconds. :)

After my wife going down to the local office many times the girls finally admitted and told her that i download too much and for want of a better expression I have been capped.

Lucky me.

After my wife going down to the local office many times the girls finally admitted and told her that i download too much and for want of a better expression I have been capped.

Lucky me.

Capped would be one thing...if they set a REASONABLE level and capped the speed...but 28 download on Fileserve using JDownlaoder is not reasonable. Now what can we do about it????

Edited by RichinThailand

Lucky me.

They advertise nooooo limit. Ubon centre is a waste of time. Talk in English to head office.

Hey, good job. Did you call the 1520 number?? I've tried that but they keep referring me back to CM.; ... where I have to repeat the story 2-3 times each time, where I inevitably get the call back treatment. 3 calls today. ... And this for 2 accounts i have with them.

How did you manage such a quick turn-around?

Hey, good job. Did you call the 1520 number?? I've tried that but they keep referring me back to CM.; ... where I have to repeat the story 2-3 times each time, where I inevitably get the call back treatment. 3 calls today. ... And this for 2 accounts i have with them.

How did you manage such a quick turn-around?

Unfortunately my quick turn- around didn't last long. back to slow as slow could be. rang them this morning to ask what happened from max download yesterday afternoon to 100kbps this morning and was told we don't block ports and will look into it. heard nothing since.

Edited by sammycic