It Account Manager Salary

Hi lads,

I'm looking into a job as an International Key Account Manager at a Bangkok-based IT company with farang management. The company has about 50 employees and is looking for a professional with five years of experience in IT Sales and with fluent English and another one or two fluent european languages. Thai is not required as the person would be working with English-speaking upper management from international Bangkok- and Europe-based companies. How much salary, not including any benefits, can I expect?

Cheers,

Abe

If you dont know what you could expect in this position, would suggest you are not qualifed for the job then.....not having a go at you, but you should know what you would expect.....moving to Thailand to do your job it is irrelevant, uness you are that desperate to work in Thailand

I've been in a similar position like you a few weeks ago and hoped to get around 120K Baht a month (which is already way lower what I make now) plus some benefits but the company offered me less than that, so I refused the job offer.

Edited by drofphilosophy

If you dont know what you could expect in this position, would suggest you are not qualifed for the job then.....not having a go at you, but you should know what you would expect.....moving to Thailand to do your job it is irrelevant, uness you are that desperate to work in Thailand

Good point Soutpeel man..

...depends on whether software or hardware/combo , price point of product,quota etc etc..IT sales is application selling and would require a good deal of engineering expertise,sales and negotiation skills,selling from engineering level through upper management. Most high ticket project sales would include hefty incentive plans...better get hired out of Europe or NA... salaries are all over the map and my knowledge is out of date but you should be looking at US60k-US120k pa plus incentive, car allowance,expenses etc depending on what you have to offer potential employers...good luck.

...depends on whether software or hardware/combo , price point of product,quota etc etc..IT sales is application selling and would require a good deal of engineering expertise,sales and negotiation skills,selling from engineering level through upper management. Most high ticket project sales would include hefty incentive plans...better get hired out of Europe or NA... salaries are all over the map and my knowledge is out of date but you should be looking at US60k-US120k pa plus incentive, car allowance,expenses etc depending on what you have to offer potential employers...good luck.

Thanks for your input. I have the required expertise and I would make about 120K+ USD on target earnings in Europe or in the US. But now that I've read in other posts here that companies in Thailand don't pay western salaries (like prepared to get offered 50K Baht per month), I was wondering about a good starting point for negotiation. I think I'll open negotiation at 180K Baht per month.

Cheers

But now that I've read in other posts here that companies in Thailand don't pay western salaries

That is not strictly true, it depends on the company and the industry, there are many expats working in Thailand who are on western + salaries in Thailand

But now that I've read in other posts here that companies in Thailand don't pay western salaries

That is not strictly true, it depends on the company and the industry, there are many expats working in Thailand who are on western + salaries in Thailand

Well that certainly begs the question - which companies? Any in telecom? I get paid in USD right now and I hate taking a pay cut every year as the dollar drops...

From my circle of friends (predominantly Engineers) in Bangkok I am one of the few who is not on ex-pat conditions. Personally I don't know of any real professionals who are on less than 200k.

Thailand is not a great country to work in; it might be a good country to play in but working here is another story. I strongly believe that unless you REALLY want to be here then don't settle for less than your 'international' market rate (which I guess is far higher than 180K THB a month).

Thailand is not a great country to work in; it might be a good country to play in but working here is another story. I strongly believe that unless you REALLY want to be here then don't settle for less than your 'international' market rate (which I guess is far higher than 180K THB a month).

I dont know, after nearly 10 years working here, its not that different from any other 3rd world country I have worked in, some aspects of working here are better than other places I have worked in

Would I have come here for less than an international market rate originally....No way