Shisha In Bangkok?

xtineeee

Hey there - I wasn't sure whether this was appropriate in the food section but whatever. A few girlfriends and I are going up to Bangkok this weekend - and being a shisha enthusiast I am I would like to know what are the various places I could go in Bangkok to have shisha, or maybe even purchase one that would be much appreciated.

My boyfriend went down to Bangkok once and he told me that Sukhumvit Soi 3 has lots of little restaurants with shishas but he also said that it might not be safe place for 3 young women to go - can someone please verify this? Thanks in advance :o

Edited by xtineeee

You can buy shisha and smoking paraphernalia in soi 3 at a few of the restaurants that provide shisha. Just ask the waiter and they'll have one for sale (new that is)

I think a medium sized one cost me 500 baht and a good fist of apple shisha cost about 200 B. Best to get the charcol from them as well as it can be difficult to find good quality slow burning pieces in your average ma & pa shop.

If you want to hang out with Arabs smoking shisha, then yes, the area around Sukhumvit Soi 3 is the place to go.

A more international shisha bar is Baghdad Cafe, on Samsen Rd near the mouth of Soi 1. Here the clientele tends to be a mix of expats, backpackers and Thais. Right next door at Ad Here the 13th is one of the best house blues bands in Bangkok, and in the other direction is Bar Musashi, a hip Japanese bar.

Georgia at adhere has a fantastic voice and the spontaneity of the music and the endless stream of guess players creates a great atmosphere.

Samsen rd by the way is close to ksr in Banglampoo