Rubber Trees

It can probably be done, but the soil ball should at lest go out to the widest leaf. Just a guess though and depth ???

Thanks mosha, I will let you know if this one lives ,but as I said not a bit of soil on him ,he's a baldy.pissing down rain today so will check tomorrow .will get a photo up soon too.

Off topic, but are you by any chance, like myself, a Hunter S Thompson fan?

On topic, moving 3 year old tree, you may be lucky, but i doubt it.

Guys, I have been told that the best way to try and move an older tree is to prepare one half of the "ball" first (make the cut at 180o to depth)and a month later do the other half. Gives the tree some time to recover from the original shock. Wim

• Like 1

It can probably be done, but the soil ball should at lest go out to the widest leaf. Just a guess though and depth ???

Thanks mosha, I will let you know if this one lives ,but as I said not a bit of soil on him ,he's a baldy.pissing down rain today so will check tomorrow .will get a photo up soon too.

Off topic, but are you by any chance, like myself, a Hunter S Thompson fan?

On topic, moving 3 year old tree, you may be lucky, but i doubt it.

Yes I sure am a hunter s Thompson fan,glad to see some one got it ,and yer I hope that tree makes it but I doubt it too,it's been raining buckets here last few days and haven't got down there to check on it .

Aaaah, more HST people. Gonzo !

Sold yesterday kee yang at auction, Udon, 43.00 baht per kg, 3 odd baht DOWN from a fortnight ago. Just as depressing was our pitiful production/output. Oh, and it's STILL pissing down with rain.

• Like 1

mike,

when the going gets tough, the weird turn pro.

hst

Man, that man had a drug and alcohol intake that was just breathtaking. No way could i keep up, and back in my day, i was a rather well reknowned party animal. 4 days without passing out i think was my record, thursday to sunday at a funeral/wake party, inc during that period discovering and making wonderful and not-so-great cocktail contraptions for a 48 hour stand in/makeshift barman. Those were the days.

HST was sort of a dare to my generation, a challenge of that time. Unfortunately he blew his brains out a few years back. At least I read almost all his books.

on a side note, I have rediscovered Deep Purple on youtube music, aaahhhhhh.

• 2 weeks later...

Kee Yang, Udon, 40.20 baht per kg at auction today. People have been getting anywhere between 34-37 baht per kg on the gate in the last 48 hours. Very good production output this past fortnight due to perfect tapping weather - no rain, cool, misty. Sold today and it's been pissing down, maybe the next fortnight is back to normal.

Hi guys.Hope all is going well.well 76 bart per kilo in bangsaphan today.hmm.for sheet that is.We are having a better opwning this year thsn last.Due to a shit load of great regular rain.Have been at Kirrimart with friends for 6 weeks.U kno 1 day becomes 6 weeks.lots of farang here so am enjoying the engrish.I hear lots of rain in issan too.So hope all u folk r getting good flow.Fark me it sure is hot up here in sukhothai Kirrimart.Much cooler at home.Lucky there r nice cold beers here.Have seen some good looking trees here too.o well cheers to all.

Go th yang farmers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

O goody .That worked.Here have some more.or 2 of the same shot.I am 180 cm tall and my hands r at least 1 foot apart at the back.

These trees are about 25 years old.Still hav about 10 years good rubber in them yet.

Cheers to all.

post-146671-13721504109797_thumb.jpg

post-146671-13721505780728_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

O goody .That worked.Here have some more.or 2 of the same shot.I am 180 cm tall and my hands r at least 1 foot apart at the back.

These trees are about 25 years old.Still hav about 10 years good rubber in them yet.

Cheers to all.

Just out of interest, how old are those trees? They look slightly bigger than my 7 yr olds.

Greg

Hi Greg.

AS STATED IN 1 OF MY WAFFLES.They r 25 year old and still hav about 10 year of tapping to go.

Trees this size on a 20 rai farm 2 years ago were cut and sold at age 35 years .1 million bart for the 20 rai.

This 20 rai produces average of 40 x 2 kilo sheets per day.So that gives you 80 KG per day.This is not uncommon in this area.Have many thais in this area know exactly what they are doing and a lot can b learnt from them.

regards Cobbler

Hi Greg.

AS STATED IN 1 OF MY WAFFLES.They r 25 year old and still hav about 10 year of tapping to go.

Trees this size on a 20 rai farm 2 years ago were cut and sold at age 35 years .1 million bart for the 20 rai.

This 20 rai produces average of 40 x 2 kilo sheets per day.So that gives you 80 KG per day.This is not uncommon in this area.Have many thais in this area know exactly what they are doing and a lot can b learnt from them.

regards Cobbler

Thanks for that. What area are you? We are up in Loei which is supposed to get good production. We have two smaller plots of 10 rai each but are not tapping as I don't think they are ready at 4-5 inches across. Want to sell those and buy one bigger one. The farm I am looking at buying has about 4,500 - 5000 trees on 60 rai but they are only tapping less than a quarter at this stage. The trees are 6-7 yrs old and most are 60-70 cms around. The tappers there at the moment reckon they are getting a cupful every 2-3 days per tree but I think that would be an exaggeration. They are selling fresh most of time when there isn't too much rain. 2 questions: What do you think is a reasonable yield from good healthy looking trees this size and what price are they getting around your area for fresh latex?

Cheers

Greg

Edited by gregj69
  • Like 1

Hi Gregg.

Yes they r 25 years old,as stated in my waffle.They still have another 10 years of tapping life in them.

Trees this size but were 35 year old were cut and sold 2 years ago.This was on 20 rai and my wifes aunty got 1million bart for the wood.

As a matter of interest the trees in this photo are on 20 rai.They produce 40 sheets per day.4 liters of yang per sheet.1 SHeet weighs 2KG So that is 80 KG PER tap avarege.

Many Thais in this area of Bangsapan have trees like these and they kno exactly what they are doing and make good money.A lot can be learnt from these people.

Regards Cobbler

Hi Greg.

regards Cobbler

Thanks for that. What area are you? We are up in Loei which is supposed to get good production. We have two smaller plots of 10 rai each but are not tapping as I don't think they are ready at 4-5 inches across. Want to sell those and buy one bigger one. The farm I am looking at buying has about 4,500 - 5000 trees on 60 rai but they are only tapping less than a quarter at this stage. The trees are 6-7 yrs old and most are 60-70 cms around. The tappers there at the moment reckon they are getting a cupful every 2-3 days per tree but I think that would be an exaggeration. They are selling fresh most of time when there isn't too much rain. 2 questions: What do you think is a reasonable yield from good healthy looking trees this size and what price are they getting around your area for fresh latex?

Cheers

Greg

Will try again to post some pics.

post-66148-0-58359100-1372160801_thumb.j post-66148-0-78261500-1372160803_thumb.j

post-66148-0-26881100-1372160805_thumb.j post-66148-0-82172700-1372160807_thumb.j

post-66148-0-12638200-1372160810_thumb.j post-66148-0-44089400-1372160812_thumb.j

Greg.

Bangsaphan is 1 hour south of Prachuapkirrikhan.Everything is different in different areas.1 thing I would be thinking about if wanting to buy 4500 5000 trees on 60 rai is.This is way more than 65 trees per rai.So dont expect they will ever get that big.Same as if you try to grow more than what is written on the bag of radish seeds.Seeds per CM.If the trees are on the side of a mountain they will plant more than 65 per rai.Maybe 70 per rai to help hold the soil together.Maybe the people are selling them because they know this now.Also a worker will have to tap a lot more trees to get not much more money in the pocket.The trees look good to me in the photo.

Best thing to do is go and spend 3 days there and see wat they are getting.You are going to invest your $$.Si check it out.It is far better than asking them.Dont tell them you aee coming as they can put hormone on e trees to increase production.Spend 3 nights with the worker.see if they are telling the truth.Stay untill they collect in the morning.U can b sure this way.If they not happy for u to do this.Walk away.

I dont know about kee yang or liquid.But sheet is 76 bart per kilo yesterday.But we sold a couple of weeks ago for 80 per kilo.We average 40KG per day on our flat 20 rai and About 40 on our 24 rai mountain too.

Flow will fluctuate depending on wind temperature and rain.No water going in no liquid coming out.

My wife said loie is a cold area coz of the mountain area.So this is good coz u should get good flow.Also if you are close to d mountain it should attract the rain too.People also hav trouble keeping workers ciz not enough yang .So worker will leave and find a more productive farm.This can b a reason to sell a farm too.

I hope my waffle is of some use to you

Regards Cibbler

O

Thanks Mosha.Good to hear from you too.Been staying up in Sukhotjai at a friends whiskey factory.Shit 1 day has turned into 6 weeks .Bloody lao kow.Also bin practicing my engrish with some great farang up here.These sapplings are planted at 60 per rai.On flat land.Ive seen trees as big on mountain toooooo but still planted at 60 per rai.

Going to go home in 2 days Jing jing:D

Sorry guys I have no Idea:blink:

I have asked but no answer.So I didnt bother following it up.1 thing is for sure.They sure are suited to this area.

By the way Has james gone into making teak doors now or just cant get back on