Anyone Have An Old Powerbook G4 They Don'T Want?

Jimi007

I just had bought the full Gig of memory (all it will hold) and a new 120Gig (biggest it will see) hard drive, battery and power supply for it and it just died after 5 months of use. I've had it for at least 10 years, I hear the logic board goes out at about that age... I use it to play videos on my old TV's as it has an S video output. Just thought I'd ask... Thanks!

i have semilar experiences with my iBook G4 before (RIP)

it just stop booting after 6 years of great service.

i called Apple .. after i submit the serial they admint a manufacturing issue on this series and offered me a free fix (new logic board)

only condition: i have to bring it to the US.

this is why i use apple, you can 100% trust the hard and Software .. and if not .. they fix it ... even after a century of a computers life :)

i always bought used mac's here: http://www.mac2hand.com/index.php?option=com_marketplace&page=show_category&catid=4&Itemid=54

very effective and good prices (moslty)

i have semilar experiences with my iBook G4 before (RIP)

it just stop booting after 6 years of great service.

i called Apple .. after i submit the serial they admint a manufacturing issue on this series and offered me a free fix (new logic board)

only condition: i have to bring it to the US.

this is why i use apple, you can 100% trust the hard and Software .. and if not .. they fix it ... even after a century of a computers life :)

i always bought used mac's here: http://www.mac2hand....tid=4&Itemid=54

very effective and good prices (moslty)

I'm going to the US next week. Maybe I should contact them... I've never had an Apple die before. My 15 year old PowerBook 3400 still works. Even my 8 or more year old iPod still works, i just put another new battery in it...

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...