60 Day Extension Based On A Thai Child

As said in the title, is this for 'visiting' my child, or 'supporting' my child ? My future employer says that they cannot apply for a work permit for me, because my 60 day extension says 'visiting' and it needs to say

'supporting'.

I think 'supporting' is the 1 year extension, (I do not yet meet the financial criteria for that), and the 60 day extension is for 'visiting', so my stamp is correct and I/they should be able to get me a work permit based on my

current 60 day 'visiting' extension.

Anyone know for sure, or point me in the right direction ? (cannot find a link to 60 day extensions in the pinned topics)

Thanks

You have a 60 day extension of what type of entry? You must have a non immigrant visa entry allowing work to obtain a work permit.

The 60 days is for visiting and that is why supporting money is not required.

You have a 60 day extension of what type of entry? You must have a non immigrant visa entry allowing work to obtain a work permit.

The 60 days is for visiting and that is why supporting money is not required.

My 60 day extension is based on a single entry Non-O from Laos

You can apply for a work permit without any problems. Either you get the work eprmit or you get a wp3 form, indicating that you will get the work permit once you have an extension of stay. Based on either the wp or wp3 form, immigration can issue you an extension of stay for 1 year. (Provided the job and salary qualifies you for an extension of stay).

You curently have an extension of your non-O visa.

You can apply for a work permit without any problems. Either you get the work eprmit or you get a wp3 form, indicating that you will get the work permit once you have an extension of stay. Based on either the wp or wp3 form, immigration can issue you an extension of stay for 1 year. (Provided the job and salary qualifies you for an extension of stay).

You curently have an extension of your non-O visa.

Thanks, is there anywhere (Police Order), where this is written, so I can show my employer ?

The police order gives the reasons and documents needed for an extension of stay. It doesn't say that you can get a work permit, that is labor.

But even without a visa or on a tourist visa you can apply for the work permit (and should). In that case labor doesn't issue a work permit, but the wp3 form indicating that you will get a work pemit once you have a valid visa. In the region, embassies want to see a wp3 form before they issue a non-B visa.

So either way, just apply for the wp now.

If I remember correctly you can't apply for a WP during a single visa extension.

Better to check this with the labor office as they normally are very helpful with providing the correct information