Suvarnabhumi To Pattaya

Hi Friends,

Please suggest me which is the better way to reach pattaya, bus or taxi (I truly want to enjoy the city) , I heard taxies are not safe there. Expected time to reach Suvarnbhumi Airport at early morning, I've already applied for VISA here, just to avoid standing in 'Q' for Visa at airport. Would like to know more about bus service, bus number and route to reach pattaya. I think traveling in bus much safer then private cabs. Also, if there is any site for booking bus, kindly let me know.

Thanks,

just ignore the touts offering a cab ,go to the cab rank and get a licensed taxi ,there is only about

1 or 2 murders and robberies a day lately :rolleyes:

personally when i get back in about 2 weeks i get the wife to collect me in our car ,she very rarely robs me :D

don't listen to scaremongers, they are full of bullshit.

Thailand is safer than most other countries in the world (except for traffic safety).

official taxis are safe, regardless of touts - they only take a bit more of your money.

I think you can get a regular taxi for about 1200 baht from the airport to Pattaya. Be sure to tell the taxi where you want to go in Pattaya, and have him agree that the fare is until your hotel.

Alternative:

I found the bell bus to be very convenient, as when the bus arrives in patts, they put you on a minibus which transports you to your hotel.

And it costs only 200 baht.

www.belltravelservice.com

Edited by manarak

Thanks for the helpful reply ..

need suggestion: Book taxi/cab from here or is it easy to get from there as I reach around 4:00 - 4:30 AM

Go upstairs and outside you will find taxis that are Ok , you must stress meter only,

there are many so dont worry, its about 800baht to about 1000baht to Pattaya, if you go by toll he will ask you to pay but thats not expencive and its quicker.

dont forget you have to get a taxi or baht bus from the bus station in Pattaya to your hotel so the cost will be more than by taxi.For me I get a taxi from airport to hotel easyer and quicker and cheaper than bus.

Edited by Thongkorn

Go to the Central Bus Station at the airport, there's a free shuttle bus that will take you there from Departure Level, the journey will take about ten minutes. Buy a ticket for the aircon bus, that leaves for Pattaya, others will be able to give you prices and times perhaps but suffice to say that it is not expensive and departures fairly frequent.

On this website you can read all about busses to Pattaya: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

It is a lot cheaper and -for me at least- pleasant then a taxi.

Yes, but what do you do from Thappraya to your home/hotel with luggage?

You will have to charter a baht bus.

The bell guys transport you to your hotel.

Have to say, Bell travel are fine! Best book, so you get a seat, go on line, (look them up; 'Bell Travel, Pattaya') I used them a few times now. Up to you.

Thank alot friends.. you guys are really helpful, Manarak has already share the site link for Bell Travel... thanks again :)

Please suggest me some good places to visit in Bangkok / Pattaya.. I'll prepare my schedule accordingly... I stay only 4 nights and then have to join back the office :grrrrr:

Edited by Amrit

I think the first Bell Travel bus is at 08.00. Seems the OP is arriving around 4/4.30 am, so not much use in this instance.

You can prebook a taxi with Mr. Toom or Mr.T taxi (search this forum or the Pattaya forum for contact details). About 1000-1200Bt, will meet you at arrivals and take you to your hotel.

Edited by joe552

A few pointers

Meter taxis often arn't and say how much they want. Don't use them. First floor is best for a true lower cost taxi fare. Ask before you get in. Don't be afraid to get out.

You will still have to wait in live for your visa stamp like everyone else. Sorry. There are 2 Passport / immigration areas. Check the first one you get to. if the lins are over 10 or 15 people walk on to the next, usually it will be empty, usually.

I have used Bell bus service many times, ground floor, I have never called them, But yes, Think 1 hour to 90 minutes to go through passport control and collect your bag. First buses are about 7:00 ???

1 more thing, Now living here I know a driver who does this run Airport to anywhere in Pattaya for 800 Baht, meets you at the airport. Speaks english, no hassle, in a Volvo I think it was. Send me a message if you want his number

Edited by JeffreyMcCollum

Meter taxis often arn't and say how much they want. Don't use them. First floor is best for a true lower cost taxi fare. Ask before you get in. Don't be afraid to get out.

In the context of this thread "Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya," there are no metered taxis, so to speak. The meter only applies within the Bangkok metropolitan area. Outside of that area, it's a point of negotiating a fare. However, the ground floor taxi queues have a placard with flat-rate pricing to areas beyond and will write the price on the form they give you. I believe Pattaya was B1500 the last time I used it.

If one's destination from the airport *is* within the BMA, then yes only use a taxi that will turn on the meter. Keep in mind, that there is a B50 surcharge for taking a taxi from the airport if you use the ground floor taxi queues, and the departure level taxis may feel entitled to add that fee, as well. And, in any case, highway tolls are expected to be paid separately and additionally.

On this website you can read all about busses to Pattaya: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

It is a lot cheaper and -for me at least- pleasant then a taxi.

Yes, but what do you do from Thappraya to your home/hotel with luggage?

You will have to charter a baht bus.

The bell guys transport you to your hotel.

The airportbus stops 3x on sukumvitroad in Pattaya (north, centre and southroad) and 2x in Jomtien so you are never very far from your destination. May be you can walk a little, hop on a 10-bath bus or if you have a lot of luggage or are not well known with the bathbusroutes you might have to charter a taxi or bathbus for 100-150 bath.

The bell bus is also a good alternative in the last case (but I don't like very much to make any reservations and limit your choices. At the airport just see what is your best possibility).

A taxi is my last refuge.