What Air Filter Oil?

For those that have foam air filter elements, what do you use to oil the foam after cleaning? I used air filter oil (sticky) in the States, but cannot find it here (Phit'lok). I have been using engine oil, but from my recent research, it is not the best alternative.

You find a K&N dealer & they sell the spray. Fast Corner in BKK. The Pirelli dealer is the agent for BMC. pirelli.in.th

Just called him. He says he will ship it to you. Not spray because of problems air shipping but they do sell oil for the filters. A kit actually with cleaner & recharge oil.

Call 089-003-8887 Pat

Edited by powderpuff

If you can't find or are a cheap skate, use 4t oil. Not much mind you.

Hey, not cheap; I live in Phit'lok the Land of Not Everything. Not like the bad ole days in the US where you can find anything.

Thanks much, Powerpuff, the K&N product is just the ticket and I will be in BKK in about a week or 10 days.

May I ask if you own a two stroke or a four stroke , there is a difference for the oil required which changes engine performance on the one hand and can cause engine damage on the other .

Four stroke ER650, manual says use SE, SF or SG SAE 30 on the foam element after cleaning, but I can't even find 30W in Phitsanulok! I'll pick up some K&N spray from Fast Corner next time I'm in BKK.

K & N Dealer info, from their website: http://www.knfilters...alersearch.aspx

They don't show Fast Corner in Chiang Mai though.

NameAddressContact Info.Distance (Miles/km)

FAST CORNER

396/14-15 NARATIVAJ RACHANAHARIN ROAD, CHONGNONSE, YANNAWA, BANGKOK 10120 Thailand

66 22853856

Email

Fax 66 22853859

WORLDTECH ENGINEERING CO., LTD.

3/64 MOO 2,CHALOEMPHRAKIAG RATCHAKAN, THI 9 ROAD. PRAWET, BANGKOK 10250 Thailand 66-2-72600001-4

Email

Fax 66-2-7260005

Edited by Garry