Mochit Busstation - Bts

rocketmanbkk

Hello

Can anyone advise please?

Is Mochit bus station close to teh mochit BTS stop? Is it walkable? How far?

Also, do buses go to Pattaya every 30 mins as they do from Ekamia?

I want to use the bus and usually go via Ekamai but beleive Mochit is easier as I thinkl I went there once and you get straight on the motorway and off you go rather than getting stuck on Sukhumvit.

Cheers

Best regards

Mochit bus station (Northeastern Bus Terminal) to the Mochit BTS is about a 45-baht taxi ride in good traffic (5-10 minutes), and 75-baht in bad traffic (30 minutes). It's too far to walk.

Buses do go to Pattaya from Morchit station, but, sorry, I don't know about the frequency. It is a fairly direct route on the expressway, by-passing downtown BKK (and Sukumvit) as you suspect.

Edited by Fookhaht

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I think still better to go from here and a short taxi ride is OK, Just want to avoid Sukhumvit!

Cheers

Mochit bus station (Northeastern Bus Terminal) to the Mochit BTS is about a 45-baht taxi ride in good traffic (5-10 minutes), and 75-baht in bad traffic (30 minutes). It's too far to walk.

Buses do go to Pattaya from Morchit station, but, sorry, I don't know about the frequency. It is a fairly direct route on the expressway, by-passing downtown BKK (and Sukumvit) as you suspect.

The busses to Pattaya are as regular as Ekkamai, and get to Pattaya a little bit quicker, because they use the express way straight away, not like from Ekkamai where they go along Sukhumvit then to the Bang Na bus terminal then eventually the Expressway.

With getting to the Northern Bus terminal, you can take a motorbike taxi, its 50 baht, and takes less than 10minutes walking is out of the question! I tried once and it took ages! You can take a bus, get of a Chutuchuck market and go the the main road near the exit, and you can take a public bus for about 7 baht, takes 5 minutes.

The northern bus terminal is the biggest bus terminal I have ever been to in the world! Its Massive! When you arrive the Pattaya ticket desk is on the ground floor facing inwards if you are looking from the inside, and roughly in the middle of the main terminal, not far from the information desk, make sure you take the express bus, it clearly says tollway or express way, I think its a little bit more expensive than Ekkamai, I think 123 baht if memory serves me right.

If you are truly parsimonious, there is a city bus station attached to Mor Chit. Go the 7-11 in front of Mor Chit, facing the roadway, turn right and walk about 100 meters, you'll see it on the right.

The #136 bus will stop at Mor Chit BTS. Other buses might also; inquire at the info. booth.

go out of the BTS station heading towards the front of the train you left, might be signed as TMB or Central Ladprao exit, using the right hand side stairs, go down, at the bottom turn 180 degree, walk past the escalator, continue past the MRT entrance, then wait at the bus stop for the 134, it drops you at 7/11 at the bus station.

Edited by beano2274