Alienware

MunterHunter

So i am looking to replace my current gamer laptop and i have decided i want to go for an Alienware this time... does anyone have any ideas where i can get one in Bangkok nowadays? I can order it on any DELL website but i want to avoid the pesky import duty as i know from experience that can go as high as 40% on 'Luxury' goods - which this will be classified as.

I fully expect to be paying around 100,000-120,000 THB for the kind of spec i want, and i know thats expensive and i could build a kick-ass base unit for that... but i want a gamer laptop not a base unit, and i want something that will last me a good few years (3-4) so i want to get something fairly high spec :)

I went to fortune to look around, not an alien head to be seen, i will pop into Pantip shortly to check out the suppliers there but i'm not hopeful

Anyone have any ideas?

I am not a gamer, yet fan of Dell . . .

you could order ( not off the shelf ) alienware at shops of IT City and Dell concept stores ( not operate by Dell ).

alienawre M17x with 3D LCD panel and NVIDIA GeForce 460M, at THB109,990 exl VAT

alienawre M17x with ATI Radeon HD6870M, at THB99,990 exl VAT

XPS L501X and XPS L401X also available, yet in lower specs

have fun !

I am trying to avoid shipping it to Thailand due to the excessive customs import duty they apply, sometimes as high as 40% - when you are spending 100,000thb on a laptop, you dont wanna be handing over an additional 40,000 in taxes to the customs guy... i'd rather fly to Europe and collect it myself

Laptop import duty is not 40%. It is less than 10% + 7% vat.

And of course that all depends on the declared customs value on the paperwork if you use shipito.com :) :) :) :)

Alienware M11x imported to Thailand total paid duty and customs 2350THB last month.

Edited by negreanu

Alienware products are available in the Dell booth at Commart 2011. check it out !!

be reminded that those small counters around the DELL booth, are resellers and each carries different product mixes. ask for stock counter to counter !

• 1 month later...

Well i got the machine and its awesome! Its true what my Grandma said to me once, Boy don't get older their toys just get more expensive! This is definitely true :)

This thing can run most games at maximum GFX settings, has very impressive sound quality for a laptop and has more glitz than Paris Hilton! The thing is a heavyweight with the total package weighing in at some 11kgs.. the laptop itself is 5.5kgs the power brick must be close to 1kg as well!. Just need to get my hands on a laptop backpack big enough to carry this monster.

Customs duty was reasonable against the declared value, however it did sit inside of customs for some 5 days before they released it. I opted for DHL as the carrier in the end (used a forwarding company) as i didn't want it to be handled by USPS for such a high value item.

So overall +1 for Alienware, +1 for www.shitito.com and +1 to DHL

Happy Bunny