Tiger X-Road 250 Arrived

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace of mind: buy something you know will work from the start :rolleyes:

HDRIDER, then you should better stick to some japanese or western brand. Nobody wants to persuade you to do something different. A Tiger (> 150cc) you buy with the heart, not with rationality :D

I am writing ">150cc" because i think that Tigers smaller bikes does not have this severity of the problems. They are build with higher number of pieces, not just one per week or one per month, like the Boxer or the X-Road. If you feel unsave with driving a Tiger (like Alex did) than you should not buy a bigger Tiger. TiT, people do crazy things and are happy :)

Why i bought my Tiger Boxer:

1. It is the nicest 250cc bike in Thailand. And i wanted a naked bike.

2. It is very low priced (half of a Ninja 250) and spare parts are also low price

3. Service is excellent, not like some chinese brands. They really take care of their customers.

And last but not least:

4. It is MADE IN THAILAND and i like driving a bike made in the country i live in :jap:

I have a BMW car made in Thailand,, good enough for you??

for my Harley, it have been driving me all over Thailand, with no problem at all and i dont need a service car or a workshop on every corner :)

as for your bike, i cant see myself riding 6000km in 4 weeks around Thailand 2 up, maybe you can, have you tried??

thats what i call riding you konw. :)

all this is made in Thailand, mostly from Thai made parts, providing hazzelfree ownership

post-81971-0-73586500-1310531160_thumb.jpost-81971-0-83427500-1310531219_thumb.j

post-81971-0-64816200-1310531279_thumb.jpost-81971-0-76502400-1310531380_thumb.j

No doubt Tiger needs to work on QC if they want to survive

as there are no issues, I dont know much about servicing, except for scheduled services every 6 months completed in 45 minutes

all this is made in Thailand, mostly from Thai made parts, providing hazzelfree ownership

I guess you all know what i mean. For clarification: A bike made from a Thai brand and made in Thailand.

I do not doubt that Tiger will survive. But they should really think about establishing some QC standards, in this i absolutely agree.

I guess you all know what i mean. For clarification: A bike made from a Thai brand and made in Thailand.

I do not doubt that Tiger will survive. But they should really think about establishing some QC standards, in this i absolutely agree.

The QC at Tiger has been getting better BUT still needs improvement.. I think Wanton has got it right with the difference between 'made in Thailand' and Thai made. The face thing plays a major thing in this.. saying that there is a Tiger 250rs out there that has done 75,000km's in 2 years so they are capable of the higher mileages.

SO HD you are comparing a 1 million baht bike (HD) to a 75,000b bike (Tiger).. OKKKKKKKKK

$33,000 US to $2,478 US

Not me, somebody else, i would not buy one :)

BTW its 1,4 mill

Edited by HDRIDER

The QC at Tiger has been getting better BUT still needs improvement..

With "establishing some QC standards" i mean establishing some real rock solid industrial QC standards. This is not done easily and needs a lot of money too. And for this you need either high production rates or high prices (or both). Because of this it is very hard to implement, if you are not one of the "big players". I do not mean a "good will QC" that might get forgotten if it is time for lunch break :D

SO HD you are comparing a 1 million baht bike (HD) to a 75,000b bike (Tiger).. OKKKKKKKKK

$33,000 US to $2,478 US

BTW its 1,4 mill

Exactly. And in your earlier post you are comparing the HD and the Tiger with your statement about travelling around Thailand

(comparing a 232cc to a 1400cc (i do not know how BIG your HD is) .So it's like comparing apples and oranges.. they are both fruit but so different in taste..

The more money you spend then usually the better quality you buy... If you had compared it to a similar bike at a similar price then your rhetoric would be valid... As it is your just talking out of your arsejap.gif

Also amusingly. Some of the components of your HD (presuming it is after 2006) are actually made by the same company that supplies the engine for the Tiger.. Zongshen,

$33,000 US to $2,478 US

BTW its 1,4 mill

Exactly. And in your earlier post you are comparing the HD and the Tiger with your statement about travelling around Thailand

(comparing a 232cc to a 1400cc (i do not know how BIG your HD is) .So it's like comparing apples and oranges.. they are both fruit but so different in taste..

The more money you spend then usually the better quality you buy... If you had compared it to a similar bike at a similar price then your rhetoric would be valid... As it is your just talking out of your arsejap.gif

Also amusingly. Some of the components of your HD (presuming it is after 2006) are actually made by the same company that supplies the engine for the Tiger.. Zongshen,

Dont think you read it from the start, anyway mine is from before 2006, am i lucky??

and its 1600CC, i just think that Thai companies who want to sell should NOT selling stuff before its tested i think that all who make bikes should have a chance, but please dont sell something thats falling apart within a week or less,,,oohh wait, they have good service :o they will come and fix it in Nakon Nowhere

$33,000 US to $2,478 US

BTW its 1,4 mill

Dont think you read it from the start, anyway mine is from before 2006, am i lucky??

and its 1600CC, i just think that Thai companies who want to sell should NOT selling stuff before its tested i think that all who make bikes should have a chance, but please dont sell something thats falling apart within a week or less,,,oohh wait, they have good service :o they will come and fix it in Nakon Nowhere

HD. I totally agree with you that a vehicle should be ready and capable for sale. Part of the problem is that Tiger IS a Thai company with very few English speaking staff. They do NOT sell many units in Thailand it is NOT their major market.. In this instance they were trying to meet the demand that was being generated..... and it backfired on them.

As far as i'm aware Alex was offered a refund of his deposit before he had his test ride (due to the spec changing slightly) and decided to purchase the bike that he tested. Then he refused the repair (his right) and finally Tiger gave him a refund. The bike was by this time registered in his name. So he got a 90% refund..

I do not know what was wrong with the bike. I do not know what Alex modified on the bike (if anything). I don't really carecool.gif

I do know that Tiger dropped the ball but i also consider that by accepting the return of the bike and giving a refund they handled it well.

Some of you can remember a similar thing happening with a new Honda cbr250r the owner only received 80% back and that was after going to the Thai version of county court.

Does Tiger need to tighten QC... Yes certainly, Do they at least honour repairs and provide a good after sale service ( i know many would say that it should not be needed, but at least IT IS there available) Yes they do. Are the engines and bikes capable of higher mileages.. yes they are (Tiger 250 rs with 75,000km's in 2 years proves that)

Any way.. AS a final note price is always a consideration.. The Tiger bikes are cheaper than most of the similar bikes in the same class. And when Tiger sort out the QC issues they can look a head to a rosier future.

Thank you and good nightbiggrin.gif

As far as i'm aware Alex was offered a refund of his deposit before he had his test ride (due to the spec changing slightly) and decided to purchase the bike that he tested.

And? Before the testride? You know a lot, but i do not know why this should be important. Nobody would believe that a bike could have such serious errors as they sometimes seem to arise.

I do not know what was wrong with the bike. I do not know what Alex modified on the bike (if anything). I don't really carecool.gif

If you dont know, why spreading assumptions that he may have modified something? But on the otherhand, what else can customers do? Sure they have to take a wrench to check and tighten all screws and everything. Sad enough that they have to do this. And sad enough that this is known by Tiger for a long long time now :realangry:

I do know that Tiger dropped the ball but i also consider that by accepting the return of the bike and giving a refund they handled it well.

Sure, but this is just a very good customer service, nothing "generous" imho

And when Tiger sort out the QC issues they can look a head to a rosier future.

Yes, and i hope they start doing it :D

"Sure, but this is just a very good customer service, nothing "generous" imho"

Now who's making assumptions.. i never said 'generous'

You also stated serious errors. Are you making assumptions again.

As for the part about modifications many Bikers make modifications .. thats what i meant...spreading assumptions... no not really as i quantified the statement

As for the part about the test ride/deposit. Isn't that the most important in as much as the spec had changed slightly so Tiger offered the chance to cancel and refund deposit (normal practice, but not always available here in LOS) Then Alex test rode the bike. Had a chance to look over the bike and accepted it (the same bike was delivered to him)

That's what i was referring to.

Also Wanton.. as i asked before who put the manual on the web?

You seem to be advocating have a manual with known errors... very strange.

Your last statement is spot on though. I to hope that Tiger's QC improves ( a lot)

Edited by thaicbr

$33,000 US to $2,478 US

BTW its 1,4 mill

That explains a lot, as the Zongshen GS250 engine only produces 13kW (what is about 17.4 horsepower) see info http://www.zongsheninternational.com/product/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=47

As for the part about modifications many Bikers make modifications .. thats what i meant...spreading assumptions... no not really as i quantified the statement

As for the part about the test ride/deposit. Isn't that the most important in as much as the spec had changed slightly so Tiger offered the chance to cancel and refund deposit (normal practice, but not always available here in LOS) Then Alex test rode the bike. Had a chance to look over the bike and accepted it (the same bike was delivered to him)

Your last statement is spot on though. I to hope that Tiger's QC improves ( a lot)

I am starting to believe that you did not read this thread completely or that you are filtering information out :jap:

I am starting to believe that you did not read this thread completely or that you are filtering information out :jap:

Strange that you won't answer Allan's simple question about the origin of the service manual... :ermm:

And having read and re-read Allan's post I think we can all see quite clearly that it is YOU who have not read and understood his post completely... :rolleyes:

Strange that you won't answer Allan's simple question about the origin of the service manual... :ermm:

The manual was officially sent out to X-Road customers by Tiger. It was mbox who said that there where errors in the manual, but he did not come out with what kind of errors this are. It was mbox who said that downloading and sharing of the manual is illegal. This is very very strange behaviour in LOS :unsure:

And having read and re-read Allan's post I think we can all see quite clearly that it is YOU who have not read and understood his post completely... :rolleyes:

That is right. Very often i do not understand his posts, i can read them again and again, it does not change :lol:

The manual was officially sent out to X-Road customers by Tiger. It was mbox who said that there where errors in the manual, but he did not come out with what kind of errors this are. It was mbox who said that downloading and sharing of the manual is illegal. This is very very strange behaviour in LOS :unsure:

That is right. Very often i do not understand his posts, i can read them again and again, it does not change :lol:

Now you are simply making things up. mbox never said that downloading or sharing the manual was illegal.

He simply said that it was not a final version, still needs to be revised, and contains a number of errors which is why he decided not to allow you to share it on his forum.

So you sign up for this forum and continue to share a manual that you know is not final or correct. Why would you do such a thing?

Well it's not looking good for tiger if they cant even get the manual right what hope have you got for the bike

Shame as I really liked the look of this bike and would have considered getting one but now I don't think so....

Now you are simply making things up. mbox never said that downloading or sharing the manual was illegal.

He simply said that it was not a final version, still needs to be revised, and contains a number of errors which is why he decided not to allow you to share it on his forum.

So you sign up for this forum and continue to share a manual that you know is not final or correct. Why would you do such a thing?

Have you followed this link that i posted before? I totally agree with it:

http://www.harleys.de/xroad.html

I have signed up here long time before and started posting before too. And i think this manual is absolutly OK as far as i can see. Why does mbox not say what kind of errors there are? Do you really believe we ever get a manual without any error from Tiger? :D

But why should Tiger send out manuals to customers if they know that the manual contain errors? Very strange and just the view of mbox. But OK, maybe we should just share the manual and everyone can get his own opinion about reliability of the information? This is what happens in the internet if there is no concept of information policy. Hiding information is surely the wrong way :D

You've been a member of this forum for less than 3 months but have only started posting here since you got banned from TWO other Thai bike forums. :rolleyes:

Are you aware that the X-Road sold by Tiger is not identical to the X-Road that was sold by Sachs? This is the main reason why the manual needs to be updated.

I know of about a dozen items in the manual you are trying to share that are incorrect and need to be revised. I don't know of any manufacturer here in Thailand that has issued English-language manuals for new bikes. All the bikes I've bought from Kawasaki came with Thai manuals. English manuals arrived several months later.

My goodness, someone pulls a document from the internet because it needs to be revised and you start hollering about democracy and free speech?! :ermm:

No doubt Tiger will update the manual and re-release it in due course.

Happy Trails!

Tony

You've been a member of this forum for less than 3 months but have only started posting here since you got banned from TWO other Thai bike forums. :rolleyes:

Are you aware that the X-Road sold by Tiger is not identical to the X-Road that was sold by Sachs? This is the main reason why the manual needs to be updated.

I know of about a dozen items in the manual you are trying to share that are incorrect and need to be revised. I don't know of any manufacturer here in Thailand that has issued English-language manuals for new bikes. All the bikes I've bought from Kawasaki came with Thai manuals. English manuals arrived several months later.

My goodness, someone pulls a document from the internet because it needs to be revised and you start hollering about democracy and free speech?! :ermm:

No doubt Tiger will update the manual and re-release it in due course.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I did not know until now that i got banned from http://tigersachsclub.com/Forum/ because i was proposing to share the X-Road manual. Thank you for the information. Only mbox knows if you are wrong on this.

But this is the perfect example of free speech in case of "real Farang Tiger forum members". Banging and bashing at people who are reporting issues. But most of the same people who are doing this do not own Tiger Bikes and are dreaming of CBRs, except mbox. Whats up with you guys?

EDIT:

Is there really a thai X-ROAD manual out there? I really did not know about this? Are you sure? Would be easy to translate. Please make it available, mbox. Or is there NO manual at all? What e.g. if some customer wants to check the spark plug of his X-Road? Or set the time on the clock. Does he have to call the Tiger service for this :lol:

Edited by wantan

I would very much like to see an review from outside the inner circle :) ,,, or outside Thailand, do they export this bike

This bike is being sold to Australia since one year, New Zealand is next. Just google and you will find a review.

I have removed 14 posts from view, that were getting far too personal IMO, and later posts and replies that were descending into a flame fest.

Pls. try to discuss/debate in a civilized manner, and be warned that any posting of other member's private details may result in you no longer having the privilege of using our forums.

I have removed 14 posts from view, that were getting far too personal IMO, and later posts and replies that were descending into a flame fest.

Pls. try to discuss/debate in a civilized manner, and be warned that any posting of other member's private details may result in you no longer having the privilege of using our forums.

Thanks soundman. It is really better to try a fresh start and to act civilized. Hope we get the right track now and can start to share information :D

Just to bring something positive in this thread again: Today a first version of the manual for the X-Road came out. If you are interested you can download it here:

It really seems to be a nice bike. I get curious to try it some day :)

EDIT:

The Link seems to have changed by the admin of harleys.de

I am sorry, but this manual is copyrighted, so you may have a look into the original mnual but you may not copy it, or you have to ask for permission at TIGER MOTORS. But you can write me an email and I let you read it. Just send me an email (email address removed)

Edited by katabeachbum
Email address removed, Please do not post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

Would you please start sharing information? What kind of errors do you know? What are the (technical) differences between the australian and the thai version of the X-Road?

Is there a thai version of the X-ROAD manual available? Why does not mbox put it in the download area then? Maybe i am wrong, but i am beginning to think there is absolutely no manual for the X-ROAD that Tiger is selling at the moment. This is why the customers would need the (possibly not 100% correct) english version.

I am sorry, but this manual is copyrighted, so you may have a look into the original mnual but you may not copy it, or you have to ask for permission at TIGER MOTORS. But you can write me an email and I let you read it. Just send me an email (email address removed)

fxe1200, you could receive emails via this forum directly if you like. Something like a private message (PM). Just point the users to your profile where they will find a "Click here to e-mail me" function. OK?

Surely we understand that Tiger is a small business compared to the big Japanese manufacturers. And as TonyBBK says, their offerings do not always include English manuals with the sale - I made the point on another forum that Suzuki's Hayate has none at all in English and they list on their Thai web site no accessories for the bike.

Tiger is great in that they've produced a manual in English for the Boxer 250, for example, in spite of being a smaller Thai company. Yet while we certainly want specifications and manufacturer's maintenance requirements, it's pretty easy to see why they do not want to publish a manual with known errors - ones that could lead trouble all 'round. Their X-Road is just released, after all, and this is Thailand.

Unfortunately, Kuhn Pariya has suffered a serious injury in football. Meanwhile, pm's to mbox about tire pressures, plug or valve gaps might be your best route, and safer than using information relating to an earlier production.

Edited by CMX

fxe1200, you could receive emails via this forum directly if you like. Something like a private message (PM). Just point the users to your profile where they will find a "Click here to e-mail me" function. OK?

OK!

Would you please start sharing information? What kind of errors do you know? What are the (technical) differences between the australian and the thai version of the X-Road?

Is there a thai version of the X-ROAD manual available? Why does not mbox put it in the download area then? Maybe i am wrong, but i am beginning to think there is absolutely no manual for the X-ROAD that Tiger is selling at the moment. This is why the customers would need the (possibly not 100% correct) english version.

Good lord, you could have just asked these questions on the Tiger forum and they would have been answered in due course. Anyone who has been on that forum knows it's a great resource for technical Q&A for all Tiger bikes. I never bothered asking for an English owners manual for my Retro because whenever I have a question I just ask on the forum and I usually get an answer in a day or two.

I don't own an X-Road and I have no association with Tiger except as a customer but here are just a few of the issues that need to be fixed/updated in the X-Road owners manual: Different parts, different warranty information (Tiger's warranty is BETTER than Sachs'), fuel specs, other technical specs.

You ask me why mbox doesn't put a Thai version of the owners manual in the download section? Well, I can't speak for him but my guess would be that the Thai manual requires the same revisions and updates as the English manual. What company would knowingly publish a document that they know has errors?!

Thank you. I wanted to ask everything in the Tiger Forum, but then posts disappeared in a magical way :D

OK, seems that Tiger X-ROAD owners will have to wait for their manual. But you can ask mbox. He provides a very good and quick service. This i know for sure. But it would have been much easier just to get a manual ready in time. In Thai or English, this would not matter as there are people willing to help. OK, not the business of the customers...

Edited by wantan