Buffet Breakfast Price Increases

Darrel

Astounding to see that Lek and Apex have recently put their prices up for breakfast from 110B to 150B (for dinner they go from 180 to 250). A pretty staggering increase, and such a coincidence that they should both choose the same time and amount!

For the time being Diana Inn, Diana Dragon and Casa Pascal (and others) are all unchanged. This makes them much better value.

I never liked the Lek and Apex breakfasts anyway, but the Apex looks really empty at the moment whenever I walk past. As far as I can see books of tickets are still being honoured, and I dare say that many of the few people in there now have actually paid the old price.

Just another example of the absurd practice of increasing prices when sales drop?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes the 165 Baht for Casa Pasquale even a better deal, if you use there "frequent eater Card" it will cost you not more then the Lek/Apex rubbish Buffet. Guess I will need to do a reservation if I want to enjoy my Breakfast there.

The reason they upped the price at the same time is because the buffet is organised by the same company.Take a look at the tckets they are also similar.Maybe Lek and Apex are the same group??

As for the price/quality at 110 Baht it was already crap and I doubt the quality will increase at the same rate as the price

On Sunday Morning from 9am come out the the Amari Hotel "Tavern by The Sea" for a great Breakfast buffet with the Pattaya City Expat Club". We have a meeting open to anyone starting at 10:30 til noon. Approximately 150 members and guest join each other for camaraderie, education and entertainment. Breakfast cost is only B210 for excellent Thai and Farang buffet including custom omelets. If you are not a heavy breakfast eater you can choose Coffee or Tea and Toast for B90 (unlimited refills)

Where is Casa pasquale ? What is different between this buffet breakfast and the other ones ? (I know lek and apex)

Thanks.

Its on Second Road, almost opposite the Marriot Hotel

In front of the Ruan Thai place, in fact

The website they got provides a menu/pricelist:

http://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/

Penkoprod

On Sunday Morning from 9am come out the the Amari Hotel "Tavern by The Sea" for a great Breakfast buffet with the Pattaya City Expat Club". We have a meeting open to anyone starting at 10:30 til noon. Approximately 150 members and guest join each other for camaraderie, education and entertainment. Breakfast cost is only B210 for excellent Thai and Farang buffet including custom omelets. If you are not a heavy breakfast eater you can choose Coffee or Tea and Toast for B90 (unlimited refills)

Me and a mate are coming along today for the first time,is there parking available,i think its just past the dolphin roundabout,going down pattaya nua??

Me and a mate are coming along today for the first time,is there parking available,i think its just past the dolphin roundabout,going down pattaya nua??

No...it's further down past the turn on Beach Road (it used to be Henry J Beans resto). There is limited parking but on Sunday morning, there should be plenty of parking along Beach Road as well.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Where is Casa pasquale ? What is different between this buffet breakfast and the other ones ?

Casa Pascal (ex-Poseidon in Jomtien) offers a smaller selection of much better quality ingredients. There is no comparing the quality of the products and setting at all: chalk and cheese. The only thing that Casa Pascal falls down on is that they have that crappy ersatz "orange" juice, just like everyone else.

Where is Casa pasquale ? What is different between this buffet breakfast and the other ones ?

Casa Pascal (ex-Poseidon in Jomtien) offers a smaller selection of much better quality ingredients. There is no comparing the quality of the products and setting at all: chalk and cheese. The only thing that Casa Pascal falls down on is that they have that crappy ersatz "orange" juice, just like everyone else.

I thought Casa Pascal was on Pattaya second road on the right, more or less opposite the Marriot hotel?

I thought Casa Pascal was on Pattaya second road on the right, more or less opposite the Marriot hotel?

It is. For a while, the were also running the Poseidin resto in Jomtien, also with a breakfast buffet, therefore the reference.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Papa Davids in Jomtien have a special English breakfast for B99 at the moment .Its very good for the money .

The Buffee at Diana Dragon ,Soi Diana also very good for B 105

Edited by Thaifan2

What barely made the Lek and Apex worth it for me was bacon, now they've raised the prices and have cut bacon out of the menu as well. Good riddance. For me that was the one thing that made both the buffets worth getting up for on rare occasions. :(

What barely made the Lek and Apex worth it for me was bacon, now they've raised the prices and have cut bacon out of the menu as well.

Both Diana Inn (110B) and Diana Dragon (105B) have bacon, as does Casa Pascal (165B). I suppose that at some point these prices will change.

Over the last 6 months Diana Dragon has gone slightly downhill as they stopped doing the cheap factory croissants that they used to have, which were much nicer than the factory American bread they still do. Diana Inn has improved over the same time span and offers a better choice than Diana Dragon, especially on the Thai food side. Diana Inn also has nearly decent "orange" juice and does have manao quarters available that you can squeeze into the juice to make it less sweet.

For me Diana Dragon is still a nicer place to eat though as it is much more relaxed. Every time I blink in Diana Inn some well-meaning waiter tries to take my cutlery away. :o

Casa Pascal is the best place, but the food is very rich and I dont think that eating there more than once a week is a very good idea. I tend to go only on Sunday, and was there this morning.

I noticed this for the Lek but are you sure it's true for the Apex?

The sign at the Apex I saw this morning said 110 baht for breakfast as always.

As for the Lek, I went into the Lek to see what the scoop was and found that it was the same old breakfast but there is a package deal - if you buy coupons for 10 breakfasts then they will give you it for 1100 or 110 baht/meal. The same as the original price. Go figure.

Edited by BugJackBaron

There is a huge sign outside the Apex saying 150 and 250. I went inside the other evening, just to see what they might be doing for the new price but apart from that I never go in there.

As mentioned in my original post, Apex are still honouring (and selling?) the books of tickets at the old price but that stops in September, I think.

When II first came to Pattaya round 2005 it was about 80 baht for breakfast at the Ape(A hotel i used all the time in my tourist days).So that woks out to 5 baht per year which is reasonable. This is not. So what gives? Is it a MASSIVE CASE OF GREED? or what? I doubt inflation alone justifies it.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Some of you guys pay a lot for breakfast !!

Luckily for me I am near the Shagwell Hotel. 2 rashers of bacon. Scrambled egg, baked beans, 1 sausage. 1 wedge of toast n butter n jam. 1 large coffee and 1 juice. 99 Baht. Not a lot of inflation there and it suits me :)

Why cook it yourself and clean the pots afterwards at that price?

Luckily for me I am near the Shagwell Hotel. 2 rashers of bacon. Scrambled egg, baked beans, 1 sausage. 1 wedge of toast n butter n jam. 1 large coffee and 1 juice. 99 Baht.

A buffet for just 6B more sounds much better value to me.

Astounding to see that Lek and Apex have recently put their prices up for breakfast from 110B to 150B (for dinner they go from 180 to 250). A pretty staggering increase, and such a coincidence that they should both choose the same time and amount!

You're getting worked up over nothing. The price at these buffets has been the same for the longest time so you're seeing a reasonable jump considering they didn't take inflation into consideration for many years prior to this increase. You get a good deal then complain when they try to normalize the price.

For the person who said it's easy to fry bacon at home. Yes, but you have to buy it first and then clean up the mess afterwards. You don't get much bacon for 100 baht.

Edited by tropo

You're getting worked up over nothing. The price at these buffets has been the same for the longest time so you're seeing a reasonable jump considering they didn't take inflation into consideration for many years prior to this increase. You get a good deal then complain when they try to normalize the price.

For the person who said it's easy to fry bacon at home. Yes, but you have to buy it first and then clean up the mess afterwards. You don't get much bacon for 100 baht.

Good quality frozen American bacon for B180 a kilo if you know where to shop(Makro). I stopped eating bacon at home only cause it's a mess and will clog your heart if eaten everyday.

You're getting worked up over nothing.

No, I'm not getting worked up at all. I never eat in either place and so I dont really care either way. I will be interested to see what the other places do though, and what other totally different restaurants might do also.

You're getting worked up over nothing.

No, I'm not getting worked up at all.

You certainly had me fooled - starting a thread about absurd price increases and using adjectives such as "astounding".

As I said, the price increase over 5 years or more is not astounding at all. They're just normalizing it, but in the process some people are shocked. An all you can eat at 165 or 110 is exceptional value in the real world - but people living in Pattaya have been spoiled.

80 Baht in 2005 and 150 Baht in 2011,a price rise of nearly 100 % over 6 years.Quite an inflation I would say at a rate of 15 % per year.

Luckily for me I am near the Shagwell Hotel. 2 rashers of bacon. Scrambled egg, baked beans, 1 sausage. 1 wedge of toast n butter n jam. 1 large coffee and 1 juice. 99 Baht. Not a lot of inflation there and it suits me :)

Why cook it yourself and clean the pots afterwards at that price?

Not quite the same thing:

Breakfast & Lunch Buffet

Fresh baked

Croissants

Waffles with Maple Syrup

Fresh baked Muffins

English Toast

Pigs Tail Bread

Batard Bread

Swiss Farmer Bread

Rustico Bread

Delicacies

Smoked Fish

Ham

Salami

Pepper Bologna

Mushroom Lyoner

Vitamins

Coleslaw Salad

Potato Salad

Corn Salad

Tomato Salad

Cucumber Salad

Mixed Lettuce

For the Hang-Over

Western Style Soup

Thai Style Soup

Hot dishes & Cooking Station

Bacon, Ham, Sausages

Pork Escallops, Chicken

Eggs of your choice

Farmers Potatoes

Pasta dish

Roeschti Potatoes

Mixed Vegetables

Sweets

Mixed Yogurts, Cereal

Butter, Jam and Marmalade, Honey

Assorted Fruits

Selection of Desserts

Beverage

Fresh brewed Coffee & Tea

Fresh Milk

Orange Juice

Pineapple Juice

Price: 165 Baht

80 Baht in 2005 and 150 Baht in 2011,a price rise of nearly 100 % over 6 years.Quite an inflation I would say at a rate of 15 % per year.

It was 100 baht in 2006 when I first arrived. The Apex was 180.

It has always been under-priced, therefore saying it has inflated nearly 100% is meaningless. It was introduced as a promo for the hotel.

Much the same as buffet lunches are now available at the Hilton for 300 nett. If they doubled to the regular price you can not say they inflated the price, only that it normalized or the promo finished.

It was 100 baht in 2006 when I first arrived. The Apex was 180.

It has always been under-priced, therefore saying it has inflated nearly 100% is meaningless. It was introduced as a promo for the hotel.

Much the same as buffet lunches are now available at the Hilton for 300 nett. If they doubled to the regular price you can not say they inflated the price, only that it normalized or the promo finished.

Apex and Lek hotel have always been had the same price.They started the buffets approx 10 years ago so it would hardly being called a promotion in 2006.I only called it inflation because that's how you called in the post I replied to.