Thaksin Says Sister May Not Become PM Even If Pheu Thai Wins

webfact

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a video of Thaksin saying that he will not line up for 500 Baht. That is the sum the Dem's promised to pay senior citizen of 60+ years.

The 500B is what the government pays to elderly. Not much, but a start. In Thailand many more things to do.

2011-05-09 "Thailand's Aging Population Poses Challenges"

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Thailands-Aging-Population-Poses-Challenges-121509959.html

Its a video of Thaksin saying that he will not line up for 500 Baht. That is the sum the Dem's promised to pay senior citizen of 60+ years.

That is not what he says. He doesn't mention himself as lining up. He tells his audience that lining up for 500 baht would not be necessary were he to return as PM. Whether by this he is referring to the sum you mention, or the sum that he was witnessed to be paying people to attend his rally, is unclear. The befuddled look on his face right after declaring it though, does give you a hint.

The 500B is what the government pays to elderly. Not much, but a start. In Thailand many more things to do.

2011-05-09 "Thailand's Aging Population Poses Challenges"

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Thailands-Aging-Population-Poses-Challenges-121509959.html

The 2 family grandmothers are tickled pink every month it arrives having lived 80 years without anything.

....and it's set for an increase next year under the Democrat Party platform.

Would it be off topic and baiting if I were to suggest that democracy is messy, and the only way to end tyranny, disguised as democracy, is through good old fashioned violence. It's a pragmatic solution to a difficult situation.

Decided that you appreciate candid positions and resolutions, here is my candid position.

Thaskin is deflecting attention away from the possibility that his sister will win, so she can win. I expect if she does win she will absolve her brother of all his passed behavior and he will again become the PM, because he "cares about his sister and does not want her destroyed by opposing and corrupt politicians". :jerk:

Truth being told I am not for or against Thaskin, the current government, the red or yellow shirts. I just understand through exposure how politicians work, and the ratio of psychopaths, in relation to the general populace, there are governing the world.

Would it be off topic and baiting if I were to suggest that democracy is messy, and the only way to end tyranny, disguised as democracy, is through good old fashioned violence. It's a pragmatic solution to a difficult situation.

Decided that you appreciate candid positions and resolutions, here is my candid position.

Thaskin is deflecting attention away from the possibility that his sister will win, so she can win. I expect if she does win she will absolve her brother of all his passed behavior and he will again become the PM, because he "cares about his sister and does not want her destroyed by opposing and corrupt politicians". :jerk:

Truth being told I am not for or against Thaskin, the current government, the red or yellow shirts. I just understand through exposure how politicians work, and the ratio of psychopaths, in relation to the general populace, there are governing the world.

Support them or not, do you really think the people who protested to get the PPP thrown out when that party tried whitewashing Thaksin's crimes will sit back and allow the PTP to do it? All this talk of reconciliation by Yingluck and Chalerm is hogwash when their main method of achieving it is to bring him back. Whatever ones thoughts on him personally, it would take an extremely narrow minded individual to honestly believe that bringing back so divisive a figure would do anything other than flame the current situation.

Support them or not, do you really think the people who protested to get the PPP thrown out when that party tried whitewashing Thaksin's crimes will sit back and allow the PTP to do it? All this talk of reconciliation by Yingluck and Chalerm is hogwash when their main method of achieving it is to bring him back. Whatever ones thoughts on him personally, it would take an extremely narrow minded individual to honestly believe that bringing back so divisive a figure would do anything other than flame the current situation.

If PTP gets the chance and the power to bring him back then it will be possible because the majority of Thai people voted for them.

Should we let allow a tiny mob to decide or accept the choice of the electorate.

If PTP gets the chance and the power to bring him back then it will be possible because the majority of Thai people voted for them.

Should we let allow a tiny mob to decide or accept the choice of the electorate.

You really don't get it do you? Over the past few years we've repeatedly seen what "a tiny mob" can do. His return would see the very real threat of continued violence and further blockages of strategic parts of Bangkok. What will he do to stop them? Surely not order troops to disperse the protestors, after all, "lives before livelihoods" is, I believe, the continued saying of the reds and their advocates. The very fact that he is aware of this, yet still wants to regain face, shows just what type of person he is. The very fact that his supporters are aware of this, but still want him back, is also rather revealing.

Fortunately I am not a narrow minded individual, I do not support any particular party, 'nor believe in my own press, because that is the beginning of your own particular downfall. I agree, bringing back Thaskin, in any shape or fashion, would fan the flames already afire. Furthermore, I am well aware of what a tiny (small minded) mob can do in the political sphere, and I am not an affection ado! Should you read my previous post you will understand clearly my position on pragmatic resolutions. :D

You really don't get it do you? Over the past few years we've repeatedly seen what "a tiny mob" can do. His return would see the very real threat of continued violence and further blockages of strategic parts of Bangkok. What will he do to stop them? Surely not order troops to disperse the protestors, after all, "lives before livelihoods" is, I believe, the continued saying of the reds and their advocates. The very fact that he is aware of this, yet still wants to regain face, shows just what type of person he is. The very fact that his supporters are aware of this, but still want him back, is also rather revealing.

What do I don't get?

Elections are coming, the people will decide.

What want you do to stop them?

Edited by samurai

What do I don't get?

I rest my case.

Thaksin Advises Sister in Campaigning

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra suggests that his sister Yingluck not engage in a debate with the Democrat Party leader as she will just fall prey to the Democrat's political game.

Meanwhile, he asks Pheu Thai Party members to express confidence in Yingluck without reservation.

Torpong Chaiyasan, Pheu Thai party-list MP candidate, revealed that he recently visited Thaksin Shinawatra, the ousted former PM, in Dubai.

Thaksin insisted to him and other Pheu Thai members that Yingluck, his sister, is an appropriate candidate for the number 1 party-list spot and to run as the party's PM candidate, so there is no need at all to doubt her abilities.

At the same time, he asked everyone to give her encouragement.

Regarding a proposed PM candidates' debate, Thaksin reiterated that a debate is not as important as reaching out to voters during the campaign or promoting the party's policies.

Thaksin has introduced a three-stage strategy for the Pheu Thai's political campaign.

The first stage, which has already been completed, is to introduce Yingluck as the number 1 party-list MP candidate and to present the main Pheu Thai policies to the public.

The second step is to introduce more of the Pheu Thai's visions for the country.

Torpong said Thaksin refused to unveil the last step in the strategy yet.

Thaksin said that MP candidates must try hard and approach voters in order to win the election.

He also expressed confidence that the party's popularity is on the rise.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-05-26

footer_n.gif

Meanwhile, he asks Pheu Thai Party members to express confidence in Yingluck without reservation.

Indeed, those within the PTP that don't blindly accept his directions without question are given the boot.

Thaksin Banned Two Pheu Thai MPs

Indeed, those within the PTP that don't blindly accept his directions without question are given the boot.

Thaksin Banned Two Pheu Thai MPs

so there is no need at all to doubt her abilities

This is clearly the behavior of a dictator, one who does not welcome questions of his decisions. It's terrible that a large proportion of the population of Thailand would choose to be led by a despotic and blatant dictator. I thought they wanted democracy.

What is most annoying about this farce is it takes the heat off Abhisit, he can continue being an ineffectual puppet. Talk about free healthcare, free education, in Bangkok perhaps but not in my neighbourhood. The only people he has helped is the middle class and of course the elite.

I live in chiang mai(which is mostly anti democrats) and my kids go to a public school. When thaksin was in office i paid approximatley 1200 baht per kid tuition plus lunch plus school uniform plus school books plus "extra" fees. Now under abhisit I pay nothing for tuition nothing for books no "extra" fees and they give me 555 baht per kid to buy uniforms. When i take them to the local hospital instead of the private hospital the visit is free. I only had to show their thai birth certificate. There are many poor kids going to the same school and hospital that my kids go to and they are all going for free.

What is most annoying about this farce is it takes the heat off Abhisit, he can continue being an ineffectual puppet. Talk about free healthcare, free education, in Bangkok perhaps but not in my neighbourhood. The only people he has helped is the middle class and of course the elite.

I live in chiang mai(which is mostly anti democrats) and my kids go to a public school. When thaksin was in office i paid approximatley 1200 baht per kid tuition plus lunch plus school uniform plus school books plus "extra" fees. Now under abhisit I pay nothing for tuition nothing for books no "extra" fees and they give me 555 baht per kid to buy uniforms. When i take them to the local hospital instead of the private hospital the visit is free. I only had to show their thai birth certificate. There are many poor kids going to the same school and hospital that my kids go to and they are all going for free.

And another one-liner rhetoric gets dispelled by actual anecdotal occurrences.

Same experience here, also outside Bangkok.

This is the first time I have heard that tuition is not free. Where exactly are you? The Democrats (including Abhisit) are around my way at the end of the week, I will put a question to him for you if you like.

To add, if there are examples of still having to pay, this is most likely down to some local administrator at tambon level or something. I somehow doubt that the Ministry of Education has gone around telling their public services "Don't bother with that village".

Thaksin wants more administration to be handled locally as it will make them more "efficient". He has rubbished any question that it will cause further corruption as "nonsense".

What is most annoying about this farce is it takes the heat off Abhisit, he can continue being an ineffectual puppet. Talk about free healthcare, free education, in Bangkok perhaps but not in my neighbourhood.

and of course the elite.

One line rhetoric, look who's talking :lol:

You guys are educated, know your rights, know how to use the system. in my village kids often don't go to school because their parents don't have the fare. My partner is a dressmaker, many of her customers are school kids, having uniforms modified and repaired, or school logos etc embroidered on shirts and blouses. Who gives you 555 Baht per kid, which official, do tell me so i can tell them. As to free books, I assume supplied by the school, but what if the school does not have them? Why do I give my local school free photocopies of pages?

here is another one line rhetorical repeat, " The only people he has helped is the middle class" You are the middle class, you know how to use (milk) the system.

Free hospital? Well not much difference between 30 Baht and zero Baht is there? Then again if you want quality you won't get it for zero Baht. My local immigration officer is diabetic, he buys his gliclazide from Malaysia, the local stuf from hospital is ineffective. My partner visits a public hospital in Bangkok once a month for medicines, she pays 500 Baht each visit.

Now give me another one line rhetorical reply :realangry:

Newin's recent comments have set the cat amongst the pigeons, and apparently have not been denied by Yingluk - just skirted around.

Some good analysis right now on the unmentionable news website.

You guys are educated, know your rights, know how to use the system. in my village kids often don't go to school because their parents don't have the fare. My partner is a dressmaker, many of her customers are school kids, having uniforms modified and repaired, or school logos etc embroidered on shirts and blouses. Who gives you 555 Baht per kid, which official, do tell me so i can tell them. As to free books, I assume supplied by the school, but what if the school does not have them? Why do I give my local school free photocopies of pages?

here is another one line rhetorical repeat, " The only people he has helped is the middle class" You are the middle class, you know how to use (milk) the system.

Free hospital? Well not much difference between 30 Baht and zero Baht is there? Then again if you want quality you won't get it for zero Baht. My local immigration officer is diabetic, he buys his gliclazide from Malaysia, the local stuf from hospital is ineffective. My partner visits a public hospital in Bangkok once a month for medicines, she pays 500 Baht each visit.

So what you are saying is that Thaksins 30baht-scheme was useless?

So what you are saying is that Thaksins 30baht-scheme was useless?

Not at all, I said, "not much difference between 30 Baht and zero Baht" ..........Abhisit took Thaksin's 30 Baht charge and reduced it to zero Baht.

In simple English, he accepted and then extended further Thaksin's original initiative. Is that clear enough?

Are you sure it was Thaksin's idea? If so, how come the plan was put to the House years before Thaksin came to power (first, admittedly not by Chuan's Dems, in 1997)? Was it wrong to put the scheme on hold just on the grounds that it was unsustainable and would cripple the public health industry?

Are you sure it was Thaksin's idea? If so, how come the plan was put to the House years before Thaksin came to power (first, admittedly not by Chuan's Dems, in 1997)? Was it wrong to put the scheme on hold just on the grounds that it was unsustainable and would cripple the public health industry?

You are correct. The socialized medicine scheme was proposed by the Chuan government. After much study it was deemed unfundable with the tax receipts of the time. Thaksin adopted it it as his own scheme and gave not one moments thought whether or not it could be funded. Consequently cancer patients showed up and got sent home to die, having seen a doctor and being prescribed with paracetemol. Abhisit IS funding it, but not to the extent it needs, as tax receipts still lag. Consequently more hospitals are turning private and refusing to participate in the scheme. Still, its better than it was and if revenue collection methods improve it will be better than it is now.

You are correct. The socialized medicine scheme was proposed by the Chuan government. After much study it was deemed unfundable with the tax receipts of the time. Thaksin adopted it it as his own scheme and gave not one moments thought whether or not it could be funded. Consequently cancer patients showed up and got sent home to die, having seen a doctor and being prescribed with paracetemol. Abhisit IS funding it, but not to the extent it needs, as tax receipts still lag. Consequently more hospitals are turning private and refusing to participate in the scheme. Still, its better than it was and if revenue collection methods improve it will be better than it is now.

Actually, I have previously posted that it was Chuan's scheme and a very well-read pro-Red Thaivisa member corrected me (with a source to back it up) that it was an idea put forward by an academic in the medical field, not tied to the Dems whatsoever. However, the idea was examined by Chuan's Dems and consequently shelved for reasons given above.

But the main point is that the 30-Baht healthcare scheme is in no way the brainchild of Thaksin Shinawatra, contrary to many post-fact reports which didn't do their research.

Actually, I have previously posted that it was Chuan's scheme and a very well-read pro-Red Thaivisa member corrected me (with a source to back it up) that it was an idea put forward by an academic in the medical field, not tied to the Dems whatsoever. However, the idea was examined by Chuan's Dems and consequently shelved for reasons given above.

But the main point is that the 30-Baht healthcare scheme is in no way the brainchild of Thaksin Shinawatra, contrary to many post-fact reports which didn't do their research.

And so is *12 years for free education* not Thaksins campaign.

Most policy doesn't start with politicians, but it is politicians and their staffs and committees that have to sift through the myriad of schemes presented from "think tanks" and industry groups and labor advocates and social justice organizations to see what is feasible and fair and sustainable and what possibly can be made into law. Chuan's government did the due diligence. Thaksin's did not. In fact it ignored it.

Edited by lannarebirth