Big Snake Guest House Phon Phisai

wazzi

Does anyone have any current experiances with the Big snake guest house, I will be travelling to Phon Phisai next month and this place was recomended to me. I will only be staying 4 to 5 days.

Also I will be travelling there from Pattya , Is the NCA VIP bus a good option instead of going to Bangkok, Flying to Udon and Bus to Nong Kai.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Yes very good, nice swimingpool 550-1050 Bath.I was there last month but dit not sleep there. The bus is ok but stops many time, looong time.

Big Snake Guesthouse Resort

Big Snake Guesthouse in Ban Wat Luang, Phon Phisai, Nong Khai province.

We provide western standard facilities under western management.

Our service is unobtrusive yet personal and friendly.

Double bedroom studios and a 2 double bedroom apartment are now available with a large swimming pool and petanque court, in a genuine unspoiled northeastern (Isan, E-san, Issan, or Isaan) Thailand village. Located 43kms east from Nongkhai on highway 212 toward Phon Phisai.

This is also close to Naga Fireballs or Bung Fai Payanak.

Room Rates from 550 to 1,050baht per night

nong_khai_guesthouse.jpg

Thanks for the info, On the subject of travelling by NCA bus, I found a web site for them but it was all in Thai, No good for me. Does anyone know of a site in English where I can check on timetables, costs and booking etc.

Thanks in advance

wazzi

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help, I have made a booking and am going there in two weeks. Any must see places, good places to eat / drink in Phon Phisai?

No nothing. it is a Swedish bar there, otherwise it is a normal boring Isaan town.

Night Market along the river is ok. I am there during the day 2-3 times a month and rarely see farang there.