Changing Address On Thai Driver License

wpcoe

Recently I moved from Jomtien to Hua Hin. Yesterday I went to Immigrations and filed a change of address notice with them. Is it necessary, optional or recommended to change my address with the folks who issue drivers licenses as well? If so, do you know what documentation I need? I'm wondering if I need an address verification letter from Immigrations (and should have gotten one yesterday when I was there).

When I changed my address I went along to my local D of L & T to inform them. Their indifference was overwhelming. I finally got them to suggest I change details at the 5 year renewal. They will accept my yellow house book as proof of address when required.

Not an answer I know - I went to the Pattaya Office to explain I had a new passport and did I need a new license to reflect the change of number? Answer up to you. I asked did I legally have to change it and the same reply - Up to you. TIT

Unless you need it for proof of address etc, I would leave it untill renewal.

Edited by pontious

When I changed my address I went along to my local D of L & T to inform them. Their indifference was overwhelming. I finally got them to suggest I change details at the 5 year renewal. They will accept my yellow house book as proof of address when required.

and if you dont have a yellow housebook, DLT requires certificate of residence from immigration or your Embabssy

If you dont need new adress on DL, wait for 5 year renewal

Well, it seems to be an "up 2 u" attitude from the license bureau folks, huh? In that case, I'll not be too concerned about it, as I don't even know where the license bureau is in Hua Hin. :D

Thanks for the feedback!