Seven Uganda Women Arrested For Prostitution

Rimmer

Seven Uganda Women Arrested For Prostitution

PATTAYA: -- Seven Uganda women were arrested for working illegally as prostitutes on Walking Street, although they were on tourist visa.

On 26 May 2011, Police Lieutenant Colonel, Greeta Tamkanarat (Deputy Superintendent), the leader of Children & Women Protection Centre and Human Trafficking Suppression team conducted a successful sting operation and arrested three Uganda women, allegedly accused of prostitution in Pattaya.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-05-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

although they were on tourist visa.

By Implication, if they were carrying work permits it would have been OK :huh:

Non-immigrant "B" I believe is the correct visa for this type of visitor. That plus the work-permit and they would have been untouchable :lol:

Edited by FarangBuddha

although they were on tourist visa.

By Implication, if they were carrying work permits it would have been OK :huh:

Non-immigrant "B" I believe is the correct visa for this type of visitor. That plus the work-permit and they would have been untouchable :lol:

I wonder what the job description would be? :o

And to support their work permit application they would be required to provide photographs of their place of work and all the Thai staff in their 'company' to ensure the ratio of Thais to foreigners is properly maintained.

Still I guess that wouldn't present too many problems in Walking Street.... 7 Ugandans to about 7,000 Thai whores...Fair enough I guess... :)

Ugandan prostitutes rounded up in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- In change from the usual Uzbekistani prostitutes, officers from the Child and Women Protection Unit of Police Region 2 organised an undercover operation which eventually netted seven females from Uganda. All seven, aged between 22 and 42, were later charged with selling themselves in exchange for cash. The operation was set up with an undercover operative using marked banknotes to lure three of the ladies of ample girth to a hotel near Walking Street around midnight on Wednesday.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Of course as prostitution is illegal in Thailand they were illegally working in an illegal profession so if two negatives make a positive they're in the clear.

As opposed to the thousands of Thais who are legally working in an illegal profession.

The Bangkok Post had an interesting series of articles on criminal law covering also prostitution. Interesting reading, especially for those who still think prostitution is illegal.

The Bangkok Post had an interesting series of articles on criminal law covering also prostitution. Interesting reading, especially for those who still think prostitution is illegal.

Whoever said that prostitution is illegal? The crime was working on a tourist visa , wasn't it?

Or maybe it was working on a tourist??

These things get so complicated :bah: