Briton Was 'Beaten To Death On Koh Samui - 'He Did Not Drown'

webfact

The warnings go out here to farangs staying long term in Thailand, which is; Do not become involved!

Avoid business ventures within the sex industry, such as bars and massage parlours.

Watch your backs those successful owners in the restaurant businesses, as there are those that want to be more successful than you and gain a main foothold into your territory, it has become cutthroat.

Consider carefully when financing land and real estate, many have died in land disputes.

Try not to become romantically involved with Thai women from the underclass's or other such Thais.

Stay safe and use common sense when living here in Thailand, if you value your well being and life that is.

In other words, don`t dive in the pool if you think it`s too deep.

Are you for real or do you think you are something better or by any chance a racist???

Try not to become romantically involved with Thai women from the underclass's or other such Thais.

If you are to scared to live here why you not just go home??

That s the most hilarious Bullshit I ever read.

And guess what there are loads of Foreign people for example in Bangkok who are involved in the Sex Industry.

But of Course you need muscles and or be well connected.

But certainly you need to have this assets as well in any other Country if you want to get involved in that Industry

Got it???

Good post mate,is he honestly giving advise,because thats some bullshit khun Beetlejuice.U obviously are an expert in this area,i think not.Forgot to say,wash your mouth out racist human

I make no claims to be expert at anything, it`s just common sense and this has nothing to do with racism.

I quoted Thais because we are in Thailand. Or perhaps I should rephrase what I said and just say; underclasses or undesirables, meaning those of the criminal elements.

What people do or become involved with is their business and when they find themselves becoming immersed in situations that they are unable to control and the worst happens, then they have no one else to blame but themselves.

As I said, they get involved at their own risks.

It is easy to live in Thailand and easy to get destroyed here also.

Of course I'm scared, or perhaps extra cautious is the right term, because I am in a foreign country with no statutory rights and vulnerable much more then a Thai citizen, so I try to do things in ways that do not create dangerous situations for me or put me at the mercy of the police or criminal gangs.

Even back in my own country I would do the same.

All I am saying is, just play carefully that's all and I mean that with good intentions and sincerity.

As the wise man says; it`s your funeral, buddy.

I quoted Thais because we are in Thailand. Or perhaps I should rephrase what I said and just say; underclasses or undesirables, meaning those of the criminal elements.

Here you did it again If you write it like that is sounds like every Loso Thai is a Criminal this is discriminating.

But anyway it is off Topic

I do not think that the Brit was alone the only Pond in Chaweng I know is that one behind Mc Donalds for me it would be strange if someone really went to that place and drank alone. At the beach yes but not there.

But obviously this place is very open and if there would have been a fight somebody must have heard it. Weird Story but typical for Samui.

P.s Many of the Beer and Lady Bars in Samui are owned by Police or ex Police by the way....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bang on Beetlejuice.

Mix with dirt and you get dirty. Nothing racist in any of your posts. Just common sense.

Wallcracks, <deleted> put a sock in it!!

Edited by twix38

Totally digressing,

I heard yesterday of a local 18 yo boy in Phuket who stole his father's car (no license) and crashed into an 18 yo girl, Killing her instantly.

The father of the guilty offender went straight to the local police and had the official report amended to state he was the driver and the girl was in the wrong.

Her parents now believe she was involved in an accident of her own making (reported by the police who have taken 'tea money' from their local and influential friend.

The boy has got away with MURDER.

This scenario is typical in this crazy country.

Pay money, get off scott free.

RIP poor unfortunate victim of murder and grieving / lied to parents.

Shame on you Thai police, you disgust me.

Here here. Boobs in Brown are TOTALLY DISGUSTING. Unfortunately they are "untouchable." What a place eh?

Why only blame the boys in brown? Here we have, allegedly, an ordinary citizen being an accessory to murder. Isn't that the main point, rather than how much tea money might be involved?

Or are we saying that every contributor here, if he/she had an 18 yr old moron killing other people, would get hold of said moron by ear and march him to cop shop to face music???????????

Interested to know what input the British Embassy has had on this case?

further from this post

snapback.pngKKvampire, on 2011-05-31 11:33:20, said:

I have said this before and I will say it again.

"If you are murdered in Thailand there is a strong possibility the truth will never come out It will never be fully investigated"

Fact is many Thais are victims and the assasin is never found or it is even deemed to be "foul play" by the police.

Why do you think Thailand is top of the list of many countries (outside of war zones) of "Most dangerous places to visit".?

Furthermore it's about time the FCO of the UK got off their asses and demand justice for British Citizens from the Thai government and tell them advice will be issued .to tourists . NOT TO VISIT THAILAND

There is and always has been much anti-Thailand propoganda put aroung in GB. Many Brits in Britain look down on and shun both Thailand itself and the Brits (like me) who come to stay here.

If a Brit chooses to ignore the advice, warnings and "bad press" about Thailand - which are all rife in UK - then what can the Govenment do? and they probably think and feel "Why the f+ck should we do anything. Our advice was ignored so be it on the victims own head. Or as Thais would/will say "SUM NUM NAAA"

The warnings go out here to farangs staying long term in Thailand, which is; Do not become involved!

Avoid business ventures within the sex industry, such as bars and massage parlours.

Watch your backs those successful owners in the restaurant businesses, as there are those that want to be more successful than you and gain a main foothold into your territory, it has become cutthroat.

Consider carefully when financing land and real estate, many have died in land disputes.

Stay safe and use common sense when living here in Thailand, if you value your well being and life that is.

Are you for real or do you think you are something better or by any chance a racist???

And guess what there are loads of Foreign people for example in Bangkok who are involved in the Sex Industry.

But certainly you need to have this assets as well in any other Country if you want to get involved in that Industry

Got it???

Good post mate,is he honestly giving advise,because thats some bullshit khun Beetlejuice.U obviously are an expert in this area,i think not.Forgot to say,wash your mouth out racist human

Please don't forget that this is a country that is built around a class system and it is an active and daily part of the social system. This is Thailand. An emerging nation. It is unwise to project your assumptions onto the way of life here and a measure of your ignorance that you do so with such anger.

R

@ Beetlejuice: Go home, you won't be missed!

“Kevin ran a very successful bar and was the sweetest man in the world. He had no enemies".

Yeah right - he was a Bandido! He may well have been sweet, but sworn enemies from rival clubs are inherited the moment you join a club such as this.

further from this post

"If you are murdered in Thailand there is a strong possibility the truth will never come out It will never be fully investigated"

Fact is many Thais are victims and the assasin is never found or it is even deemed to be "foul play" by the police.

Why do you think Thailand is top of the list of many countries (outside of war zones) of "Most dangerous places to visit".?

Furthermore it's about time the FCO of the UK got off their asses and demand justice for British Citizens from the Thai government and tell them advice will be issued .to tourists . NOT TO VISIT THAILAND

and the point to this is it COULD be easily solved, but as an example, as a brit here for many years i have a far few good connections, and i have been asked 3 times to be a consul in Bangkok with a few other brits, but as we are employeed LOCALLY we get the local salary of 35 K a month, which is nothing, with FCO consuls who maybe on a first post here being paid a uk wage of 100 K a month plus house plus plus plus

no one can live on 35 K a month, but we are mored qualified for the job then the UK assigned consuls, but as i was told at the embassey, all red tape

allocate a uk salary to 10-15 long term buiness expats who known the system and the ' Insiders ' in the thai system, and brits will be better off in thailand

correct sir

Bang on Beetlejuice.

Mix with dirt and you get dirty. Nothing racist in any of your posts. Just common sense.

No racism in that post and if you want him gone you have to say his name 3 times, idiots.biggrin.gif

“I have spoken to his girlfriend and she continues to insist he committed suicide. He did not unless he beat himself to death. He would have had to dig a hole to drown himself."

His best friend says this!

Why would someone insist that he committed suicide if she did not see this occur. Spouse is always the first suspect! What about the cover up of the autopsy by authorities? Didn't something like this happen to fellow on a certain island and the authorities all colluded to steal his homes and locked his kids in a well. Collusion within the government in these cases is the norm with no accountability. Where is the famous female Quincy that does proper autopsies? How many pieces of the pie must be shared to keep everyone quiet why this poor mans death goes with out justice? The examiner and detective seem incompetent and must be fired! Recheck all previous cases and file criminal charges if appropriate! Oh wait TIT never mind.

Got it???

I make no claims to be expert at anything, it`s just common sense and this has nothing to do with racism.

What people do or become involved with is their business and when they find themselves becoming immersed in situations that they are unable to control and the worst happens, then they have no one else to blame but themselves.

As I said, they get involved at their own risks.

It is easy to live in Thailand and easy to get destroyed here also.

Of course I'm scared, or perhaps extra cautious is the right term, because I am in a foreign country with no statutory rights and vulnerable much more then a Thai citizen, so I try to do things in ways that do not create dangerous situations for me or put me at the mercy of the police or criminal gangs.

Even back in my own country I would do the same.

All I am saying is, just play carefully that's all and I mean that with good intentions and sincerity.

As the wise man says; it`s your funeral, buddy.

Well said. Remember your status and situation and act accordingly.

i think it is about time the samui mayor up his game, negative publicity like this is bad for samui buiness, just the posts on the daily mail are not looking to good

how many british have been killed on samui with a police report of sucide or an ' Accident ' ? , i was once hit my a taxi, was put in hospital but luckily i got the taxt number, gave it to the police, did they do anything ??? NO... what if i had been killed? ......

the trouble with the police here is they are something out of the 60's police force in the UK, no training, corruption and the first man is always guilty, if he isnt, beat him to confess

its all about education !, and samui being such a small island could benchmark itself it to becomeing a role model for Thailand !

IE non corrupt police, police who do a proper job, take way the corrupt airline, taxis, bars, restaurants ect ect.... fix all the roads, put in decent power, high speed internet , street cleaning teams, the list could go on

Samui is slowly killing itself and it needs to address this before its to late !

Had you been killed by the taxi, the police would have found it a clear case of suicide. Or a heart attack.

Bang on Beetlejuice.

No racism in that post and if you want him gone you have to say his name 3 times, idiots.biggrin.gif

Good stuff B.J. Truth always hurts and get to the people who want to be saviors here, nothing wrong in siding with this country at times but you don't have to be R, Slickers :lol:

further from this post

and the point to this is it COULD be easily solved, but as an example, as a brit here for many years i have a far few good connections, and i have been asked 3 times to be a consul in Bangkok with a few other brits, but as we are employeed LOCALLY we get the local salary of 35 K a month, which is nothing, with FCO consuls who maybe on a first post here being paid a uk wage of 100 K a month plus house plus plus plus

no one can live on 35 K a month, but we are mored qualified for the job then the UK assigned consuls, but as i was told at the embassey, all red tape

allocate a uk salary to 10-15 long term buiness expats who known the system and the ' Insiders ' in the thai system, and brits will be better off in thailand

no offense but with your poor level of written english i wonder how you would fill all the paperwork .... embassy not embassey .... consular not consal ..... its like G.W.Bush saying "nukular weapon" .... now maybe i'm wrong and its like the difference between lorry and truck .... what do I know? I'm French... ;)

Whether you knew Kevin and his wife personally or not (apparently not in this case), it's not really appropriate to publicly voice speculative comments which appear to suggest foul play by those who loved and cared for him. Please have some respect for the fact that they are grieving at this time. Thank you.

See that's why they're having an investigation. To find out if it was foul play i.e. murder. Because the suicide angle is maybe a bit thin. Rare indeed that they would take a second look. Kudos to whoever got the ball rolling.

if wife is lying so stupid lie that he wanted kill himself , ofcourse she is involved or pressed by she family to say this.

Best way to stay alive, is to not involve girlfrends in buisness in that way that they benefit if you are gone,and make shure they know this very clear ,if you gone is 0 left for them. No acess to bank acounts and nothing. Seems like it same patternt that happend over and over all the time all over Thailand.

kho samiu is Mafia police and mafia familys that rules . shit place if ask me.

This indeed is a sad case, may justice be found and may the victim's spirit be allowed to rest in peace. There are a couple of things that seem to stick out and make me wonder about this murder.

The victim had a good business and appeared to be living a good life, what would have been a motive for him to commit suicide? I think not.

Why would the victim's wife keep insisting it was suicide? To end the investigation so that it would not be found who did murder the victim?

Murder; Who benefits from this murder; wife who now has full ownership and control of the business and bank accounts?

Why would the police be so quick to write this off as a suicide? Tourism; maybe, payoff from the killer; hummm.

I would love to see the photos, they should tell a lot not only about the bruising but the lividity (where the blood settled within the body) would tell a lot about the position of the body just after death. Is this going to be consistent with the position the body was found?

So much is wrong here.

Whether you knew Kevin and his wife personally or not (apparently not in this case), it's not really appropriate to publicly voice speculative comments which appear to suggest foul play by those who loved and cared for him. Please have some respect for the fact that they are grieving at this time. Thank you.

I didn't know Kevin, but RIP, sounds like he was a top bloke!

You can just see why so many Thais would love to see the back of the "long term" farang here - They would be in most cases happier if we all just went home after a two week holiday after we spent our cash.

If the Thai police said it was suicide and the victim had 60 bullets in his body, the Thais would not question it - simply roll over and move along, case solved! - Thank God there are some people here that demand a bit more of an investigation - they are to be commended for their bravery in speaking up - it cannot be at all easy to rock the boat in these situations.

They must REALLY HATE it when some "irritating" farang actually demands justice - The "face" they must lose once this gets out to the outside press in the world of reality, rather than confined to the perfect "La La Land" must cut them to the bone.

Every time something like this happens, it must drive another wedge (or nail in our coffin) between the long term expats and the establishment.

Not to make light of this incident in the least - I hope now that something will be done to find the culprits, but is this business not a little bit like Scoobie Doo? "Darn those pesky Farang! If it wasn't for those meddling foreigners....we would have gotten away with it!" Snazzle frazzle razzle dazzle.

RIP.

I don't know any of the people involved, just a general observation:

He was founder of the Koh Samui Pirates motorcycle club, which consisted mainly of middle-aged male bikers who enjoy touring on their machines.

Thai police have at least once mistaken such motorcyclists for members of Scandinavian and American motorcycle gangs with a reputation for crime.

They arrested and jailed several law-abiding bikers four years ago, including Mr Paton-Smith, a member of the Koh Samui Bandidos motorcycle club, who was eventually released without charge.

Reading that, I wonder why bikers like to display gang-like attire and sometimes attitude.

Why call themselves bandidos, pirates, predators or whatever?

The image is guaranteed to cause problems, especially in a country that is so culturally different and which doesn't understand the tongue in cheek play.

I don't want to imply the victim is responsible for what happened in any way or that people shouldn't have the right to wear what they want and call themselves how they want.

I'm just wondering why people like to pose as big baddies while in fact they aren't.

When will we see a motorcycle gang wearing pink and other colors, riding scooters (silent ones) and calling themselves the "Jomtien Softies" or something?

In respect to some of the comments I have seen on this post, I think it's best not to jump to any conclusions at this point in time, nor make any comments in public which might upset his friends and family, which includes his Thai partner. Let us hope for the best, although I suspect many of us share your concern that the culprit(s) may never be found.

In respect of your 2nd sentence, which with the omission of a question mark has the appearance of being rhetorical, as far as I know Honey Bar has always been in his Thai partner's name, as with his motorbike, and so very little in the way of property or inheritance will be legally transferred to his Thai partner as a result of his death. Honey Bar continues to be open to sustain those who derive a living from it, but without Kevin's presence at the bar it is likely that the bar will make less money than before. These facts should be borne in mind when considering any possible motive for his death.

In respect to some of the comments I have seen on this post, I think it's best not to jump to any conclusions at this point in time, nor make any comments in public which might upset his friends and family, which includes his Thai partner. Let us hope for the best, although I suspect many of us share your concern that the culprit(s) may never be found.

Kind of agree with that ... But I feel uncomfortable with the Thai police bashing tone of this thread.

Bikers gang members are no angels. There are involved in all sort of nasty businesses and disputes are rarely settled in front of a judge.

So before blaming the Thais ....

Bikers gang members are no angels. There are involved in all sort of nasty businesses and disputes are rarely settled in front of a judge.

So before blaming the Thais ....

Bold highlighted comment 1: Please refrain from speculating that this was a case invloving an MC - and that you generalize that bikers are in a "gang"

Bold highlighted comment 2: Please note that we are in Thailand and a majority of MC's are made up of Thais (Keeping an open mind that this traggic loss could have been done by ANYONE! Crimes are not committed by a nationality - but by people.....)

Overall - for respect of Kevin - who was a good friend to many of us, I do ask that all "speculations" are put aside and that only facts are brought forward as well as avoid posting any content that "brands" any specific group and or nationality.

This topic is about Kevin, what can be done to help with the case, help with the funeral and other areas, and info that is relevant to the case and sharing of thoughts (respectable posts please..)

Thanks ( Hats off to ) Crispin and Robin...

(Sorry for the typos and miss spells - no time for spell check..)

Edited by a_classic_cigar

I think I understand the point which Jurgen is suggesting - the fact that some MCs do not get along with other MCs - but whilst this may have some truth in Europe and the USA, it tends not to be the case here in Thailand, where those same MCs, or indeed those same people, can ride together and party together.

In my experience Bikers in Thailand tend to be a very friendly bunch, have a sense of brotherhood and comradery with each other no matter what a person's race or background (or MC here in Thailand), are not involved in any nasty business, quite the reverse, for in fact in general they actually do a lot to try to raise funds for needy causes. Kevin was no exception to this, enjoyed meeting other Bikers and making new friends, and also very much enjoyed and delighted in being a part of any fund raising event. He had a love for life, and for being part of the Biker community here in Thailand.

Kev-happy.jpg

are not involved in any nasty business

This is not something that I know a lot about, but wasn't a Western Biker gang shaking down legitimate Western businesses for "protection" money in Ko Samui several years ago until the Boys in Brown put a stop to it? :ermm:

I think I understand the point which Jurgen is suggesting - the fact that some MCs do not get along with other MCs - but whilst this may have some truth in Europe and the USA, it tends not to be the case here in Thailand, where those same MCs, or indeed those same people, can ride together and party together.

In my experience Bikers in Thailand tend to be a very friendly bunch, have a sense of brotherhood and comradery with each other no matter what a person's race or background (or MC here in Thailand), are not involved in any nasty business, quite the reverse, for in fact in general they actually do a lot to try to raise funds for needy causes. Kevin was no exception to this, enjoyed meeting other Bikers and making new friends, and also very much enjoyed and delighted in being a part of any fund raising event. He had a love for life, and for being part of the Biker community here in Thailand.

Kev-happy.jpg

From the picture, the guy reminds me of a good friend of mine.

I'm sorry he's dead.

I understand shit happens, just don't blame the Thais for everything that goes wrong.

This is not something that I know a lot about, but wasn't a Western Biker gang shaking down legitimate Western businesses for "protection" money in Ko Samui several years ago until the Boys in Brown put a stop to it? :ermm:

No..

Only BiB shaking money of bar owners here.

/ Bar owner.