Great Health Food Store In Mission Hospital

timmyp

Many of you may already be aware of this, but to those who don't, Mission Hospital (a.k.a., Bangkok Adventist Hospital set up by the 7th Day Adventists) has an impressive health food store with vegetarian foods. The hospital is where Petchaburi Rd becomes Phitsanulok Rd. They also make their own peanut butter, 500 g for just 110 baht!!! Not the world's greatest peanut butter, but all natural and definitely tasty. Two varieties, one with sugar, and one without. There are also varieties of nuts and seeds, and various canned vegetarian curries for 40 baht a piece. There are vegetarian fishballs (i.e., taste like fish balls but really soybean). They've got low sugar chili sauce, bags of raisins, various lotions, soaps... I went for the peanut butter, and bought a bunch of other stuff. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a decent health food or organic goods store. The store is located inside the hospital right next to the cafeteria.

Was there several times already this year

with my kids and others' kids and their parents

who were curious as to what good things could

come out of the hospital bldg.... lol

But apparently, they like the veggie and the setting though

not much, enough to return on their own.

Yes, good food, many tasty offerings.

The farang who pioneered this hospital was Ralph Waddle and his nurse wife Ruth. The current King and Queen like the Waddles and the hospital enough to make several return visitations including whenever they need second, third or fourth medical opinion.

A few decades ago, when my only son was born, the Waddles were there in person to administer the first prerogative spanking....:)

Back then, the Mission Hospital was the only medical facility in Thailand that showcased the very best in medicine. It was well known throughout South East Asia that if all else failed you.... go to the Waddles, the Seventh-day Adventist Hospital at the corner of PitSaNookLork Road, they could almost perform miracle on your behalf. Our family still miss them so.