Tourist Visa

I am ridding myself of a one year non-imig visa by leaving Thailand without a re-entry permit. I then intend to return on a Tourist visa (by application at the Thai embassy in Tokyo).

Am I right in believing a tourist visa (60 days for the UK national I think) mean I do not need the onward flight?

If I use the tourist visa exemption route I would have to buy an Asia Airline ticket at around 100 pounds, but the tourist visa appears to cost 30 pounds. So a day spent at the Thai embassy appears to be the best bet.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

:jap: :jap: :jap:

From the Thai Embassy Tokyo, re Tourist Visas:

Airline ticket (fully paid) with flight no., date of entry/exit and name

* Open ticket is not acceptable

You see this more and more these days. It's the MFA that wants to see an airline ticket with your tourist visa application. Tokyo even wants to see an entry airline ticket for a Non Immigrant visa. I guess they want to make sure you're applying for a visa with the intent of actually planning to visit Thailand -- and not just to decorate your passport pages.....

Washington DC requested a roundtrip ticket recently with a friend of ours requesting a tourist visa for her US passport. And she was a Thai national.....

Check out the Tokyo site. Believe I saw some financial requirements needed with the application.