Music Extortian To Chiang Mai Entertainment Places

WinnieTheKhwai

Wanted to highlight this article about the music scam. It was reported I think by Mall Magician, not sure if the same group of fraudulent imposters, or legit police (Oxymoron alert).

This is in the general forum which I know many people stay out of:

Cummon now, Winnie, the cops gotta collect a little bribery money to supplement their piss poor salaries. :whistling:

Oh, and leave the typo for the spelling nazis. They have to have something to complain about.:D

Last month I watched as those same group of people came in and harassed a tiny little Loi Kroh bar. They showed up with a policeman. I pulled out my mobile phone and took a few pictures of them (unfortunately, pretty blurry). The guy in the red shirt from the 2nd youtube video posted in the other thread, started getting very angry about me taking his picture. The policeman came over and told me I need to delete the pictures. I told him that I already did. He3 asked to see my phone, so I handed him my locked phone. My phone is running Android and uses the screen lock where you slide your finger to connect dots in a preset pattern to unlock. Apparently the policeman had never seen this before. After about a minute of trying to figure out how to open my phone, he just handed it back to me and walked away.

They ended up seizing the laptop and making the Thai woman who owns the place, go down to the police station. After about an hour and a half, she was back. They made her pay 10,000 THB and kept the laptop. Not sure if she ever got it back or not.

-Mestizo