Need To Rent Cm Apartment Cm For 5-10K

CrankyCarrot

Hey, I'd bestow the good karma of fifty monks upon anyone who can point me in the direction of a decent one bedder for a month (wifi, hot water, a/c) in the 5-10k range. Not so fussed on the area, as long as it's no more than 15-20 mins drive from that big square mote thing in the city (I'm very new to CM and don't really know area names yet)Bonus karma for tips leading to an apt with a bath.Cheers

I think Baan Thai apts on Nimanhieman / soi 6 (Nimanhieman opposite starbucks/miguels) is the best bang for the buck in Chiang Mai

1. 5,200 baht a month plus utilities

2. Building B (west facing) has amazing views of Doi Suthep

3. Beautiful free swimming pool

4. Security guard with covered parking for bikes and cars

5. Tesco Lotus, banks, diners all right next to the building

6. Located on the end of the superhighway - easy to get out of cnx

They were doing 3 month minimum contracts, low season maybe they'll be more cooperative.

"low season maybe they'll be more cooperative."

Don't bet on it - most places in the area I've seen are turning away business since uni is in full swing and they're packed to the gills. I'm almost ready to give up and just hang out in guest houses while I take in the wonders of CM (haven't seen the zoo yet) and maybe just travel around for the rest of this visa instead (see Chiang Rai and Non Khai or something ...maybe see what's doing in family-friendly Pattaya).

I've been trying to post a reply to this and I've attempted to PM. Hopefully you get my pm. Trying to send you a lead.

Hey Yelly,

No sign of the PM you sent (maybe it was auto-filtered out as spam/advertising?) I've actually found somewhere that fits my criteria now anyway, but I very much appreciate your help all the same. PS Love the pug-in-croc pic.

Cheers

FuengFa might be ideal for a one month rental ---- inside the moat off of Arak Rd (the road inside the moat from Chiang Mai Ram hospital)

Staring on the one-way road inside the moat at the corner where Chiang Mai Ram is ......

You will pass Soi1 (Sandwich bar food joint on the corner)

You will pass the next soi With White House (guesthouse/coffeeshop/bakery)

you will pass Waawee Coffee and the next soi with Ratika skin clinic -----

turn left into the next soi and you will find it about 80 meters down on the left.

I think they have a website

they do

www.fuengfaplace.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d1575591-Reviews-Fuengfa_Place-Chiang_Mai.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g293917-d1575591-Fuengfa_Place-Chiang_Mai.html

The second I discovered the Smith Residence had baths in the deluxe rooms, I was sold. If you want the net and pool/"gym" access, you need to spring for 9000 + 400 (net), plus bills. I can't see the whole lot costing more than 10.5k all in for a month, which works out to about $80 a week Aussie. Pretty sweet when I consider the moribund den it would get me back in Sydney.

Anyone else stayed at Smith Res?

Staff and amenities seem pretty good so far...

Gym's pretty paltry, but certainly not bad for free. Love the view of that Doi Suthep mountain from the rooftop pool.